jlukes

2019 TaylorMade TP5 & TP5x Golf Balls

On 3/1/2019 at 6:46 AM, chisag said:

... Well it's that time again. Buy 3 dozen personalized TP5x and get 1 dozen free. I just ordered my 3 dozen with the . that cannot be seen at address. Should fit your new swing perfectly by spring! 🤗

I'm sad you can't get a custom number

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I'm sad you can't get a custom number

... That would be awesome. I wore #7 when I played college football and his jr/sr year in college my son wore #7 too. Obviously I would love 7 on my golf balls. 

Just now, chisag said:

... That would be awesome. I wore #7 when I played college football and his jr/sr year in college my son wore #7 too. Obviously I would love 7 on my golf balls. 

Yeah I could've sworn you could do "My number" before. Wonder why they stopped doing it

Well, since Rickie Fowler is playing these now, they must be great.  🙄😉😁

2 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Well, since Rickie Fowler is playing these now, they must be great.  🙄😉😁

... It actually is a pretty big deal that Rickie switched from ProV1's. Obviously Rickie doesn't need the endorsement money with all his winnings and endorsement cash, so he made the switch for performance. And when Rory was looking for a new deal after Nike folded, he said the reason he chose Taylor Made was not the clubs but the TP5x ball. Granted what Rickie and Rory play has little to do with what the average Am plays. And while I don't see much difference, if any from one premium urethane covered ball to the next, the TP5x is the one ball that stands out for me. Ymmv...

• Like 6

Well, the eBay 15% coupon in the mobile app got me today.

Gonna try out the 2019 TP5x this year I guess. Came out to $33/dozen! Gotta love those bulk buys paired with coupons!

• Like 2

Put the 2019 TP5x in play today.

I don't notice a huge difference from last generation to this one, other than it feels like it's a tad easier to get the ball to stop around the greens, and overall feels a little softer?

I didn't even read what the marketing said was different this year. Still a great ball and I'll continue to use it for the rest of the year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

just played the TP5 and it was a solid ball from 5i thru putter. did great around the greens. felt good, flew stable.. off the driver it was just like most balls. nothing that  made you say wow. it was fine though. good ball but for me its not a prov or a tour bx

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 7:58 PM, dpgolf36 said:

I hope the cover durability is better than the previous TP5 and TP5X.  I purchased a box of TP5x last year and had cover issues with 2 of the sleeves.  I will give the new ones a try and hope for the best.  Maybe I will finally take the AVX out of the bag this year if they work out.

I have definitely seen much improvements in this!!  I would have to switch the old balls out every 9 or even sometimes less because they were so scuffed up.  The new ones are much harder to scuff up.  

• Like 1

Got a couple of TP5x recently after a Taylormade demo day and I did a ball fitting.  Compared against the ProV1 they were 3.5 yards longer with a 7 iron, about 300 rpms higher spin, and about 1.5 degree high launch.  Needless to say they are a great fit for me and I love this ball.  I found similar success during my round over the weekend and really felt I knew how this ball would fly and what it would do.  

Even though I have a box of ProV1's, I found a great deal on these for $32 a dozen and had to jump on it. I see a lot of people complain about cover durability, but I never found this to be much different than other tour quality balls.  After a few full sand wedges and pitches, my ball is typically a little scuffed anyways.

anyone want to trade? I have a dz TP5x I will not use. Will trade for new prov1/prov1x or tour BX/BXS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SleeperDude

• By ncwoz
      All this talk of the MGS Hard Rock Challenge and the ball test recently has me thinking about the hardware...
      I know I *should* be gaming one model, and probably one I'm fit for at that. But the cheapskate in me just can't pass up on a free wayward ball, looking for a home. Nor can I bring myself to just toss the 24 pack of two piecers I walked away from Christmas with.
      So my question is this - what do you do with the random balls you might come across one way or another? Do you keep em all? Hit them into the woods? Do you have a threshold of quality that determines if it's a keeper or a leaver?
    • By jinxianjun
      Here's the bag, June 2019
      Callaway Rogue SZ 9*, PX Even Flow T1100 white 6.5, 68g
      Callaway Rogue SZ 15* 3W, PX Even Flow T1100 white 6.5, 76g
      TM P790 3 iron, PX 6.0
      Titleist 690.MB 5-P, PX 6.0 - old school lofts. Plays 6-G in modern lofts. I've actually taken the 3,4 irons out after a few rounds. Don't really need them. 
      Cleveland RTX4 54*, DG S400
      TM HITOE 58*, KBS 
      Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2
      Titleist ProV1
      Jones Golf Utility Stand Bag, Navy

Look at that offset!

• By Markelly82
      Today, I was greeted with a lovely Taylormade iron box.  I walked into the door and saw the box and immediately asked my wife what it was.  She replied with, "I don't know.  You tell me?"  I started going through my mind about all of the searches I've done recently.  I got scared I pocket purchased a club on accident.  I replied with, "I swear babe.  I haven't bought anything.  Especially with out telling you first."  I opened the box and saw the below beauty sitting there.  I picked up the card and was surprised to see I had been selected based on my response to a post.  If I'm being perfectly honest, I can't even remember submitting anything to win the club.  But none the less, I'm thankful for the opportunity. 
      Based on my initial thoughts of looking down at the club at address, it's nice.  I don't have a feeling of oh shoot I have to be good to game these.  The wide top line provides the confidence.  The top line doesn't seem overly wide though.  I'm a single digit handicapper right now and I could easily see myself gaming an entire bag of these.  RANT INCOMING: (I really don't understand why most golfers want to have Blades.  I get the allure of the sleek nature of the irons, but from a performance standpoint, if you can't put little round wear marks in your irons, I really don't believe blades is best.  I know there can be outliers, but double digit handis definitely shouldn't be gaming blades.  The point of irons isn't to look the best while you're at address.  Save looking good for apparel.  I'd rather have an iron that performs amazing but doesn't look the greatest.  I understand the point of look good feel good though).
      In the coming weeks, I plan on providing my unbiased review of this iron.  I'm currently gaming the Taylormade PSI irons.  We'll see how big of a difference a couple years makes for technology.  I love the feel of the PSI's when I flush them.  It seriously feels like butter when cutting through the ball and the grass.  Coming from the S55's, it's amazing the difference in feel and forgiveness.  

• By JimNantzsToast
      Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!
      Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)
      Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover
      Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft
      Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover
      TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new
      Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 
      Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft
      Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft
      Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft
      I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

• By cynogriffin
      This is a thread for those who are interested in reading or sharing golf ball comparisons! 
      Personally, I am in the stage of personal ball testing to try to find my next gamer for the next season or two. As such, I have been and am in the process of testing a variety of premium golf balls to see which fits my game and personal preferences. My posts in this site will be coming from off my new website (linked here for those who might want to check it out: https://griffinc6.wixsite.com/golfreviews) and will be in the form of a head to head matchup between two of the balls I am considering. During my tests, I will be taking two different models to the course and playing 9 holes with each in the same round, same day, and same conditions. In my posts, there won't be much in the way of technical data other than distance (measured via Shot Scope) but will rather be how I experienced the balls in terms of distance, spin, flight characteristics, performance and fell around the green, putting, quality, durability, and consistency. Once again, for my posts here, these are by no means a scientific test, but rather what I prefer, what I see, and how the balls perform for me. Therefore whatever performs for me might not translate to your game or your experiences with these products. I also invite everyone to post your own comparisons, head-to-heads, and reviews here as well!
      Now that that is out of the way, let the discussion begin!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!