Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
GolfSpy MPR

Odd times for working on your swing

Got a chuckle out of this:

So the question: what are your odd circumstances for working on your swing? A favorite of mine: rocking the baby to sleep is an excellent time to work on my weight shift. 🙂

• Like 3

Ironically enough, while reading this thread ::rotates left hip and straightens left leg::

• Like 5

The living room in my place upstate looks like a golf shop. Putting green and a hitting net are in the living room. Up at 5 am to ride the bike and get in some practice. I also have a putting green in my office at work that I roll putts on during conference calls. Not to mention the weekly staff meetings at Top Golf in our new hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Not too uncommon to find me doing mirror swings in the bathroom at work. The mirrors are placed perfectly so I can get a front-on and side view!

• Like 3

On the elevator. I do this all the time and have for years. Of course when I do - do this.... I'm alone. LOL

Honestly I think it helped me unwind some old muscle memory I had to get rid of a few years ago. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

my wife sees a mirror - checks hair and makeup

I see a mirror - checks backswing and right side loading.

result - my hair and makeup are a mess 😄

But I bet your wife can't golf as well as you...

Priorities! 😆

• Like 4

On 1/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, Jmikecpa said:

The living room in my place upstate looks like a golf shop. Putting green and a hitting net are in the living room. Up at 5 am to ride the bike and get in some practice. I also have a putting green in my office at work that I roll putts on during conference calls. Not to mention the weekly staff meetings at Top Golf in our new hotel.

So you're working at the Catskills place! I was always wondering where your upstate hotel was! 

As for me, I'm just starting to put in some work and exercise when I have to go down and put some more wood in the wood stove in the basement. Then 10 Medicine ball throws from each side against the wall, and a few practice swings.

• Like 1

So you're working at the Catskills place! I was always wondering where your upstate hotel was! 
As for me, I'm just starting to put in some work and exercise when I have to go down and put some more wood in the wood stove in the basement. Then 10 Medicine ball throws from each side against the wall, and a few practice swings.

That is the place. I don’t technically work for the property but the parent company, but my office is at the resort.

• Like 1

I almost always "practice" while smoking at work in the parking lot. No club just practicing my move. I am sure people look at me like I'm an idiot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I almost always "practice" while smoking at work in the parking lot. No club just practicing my move. I am sure people look at me like I'm an idiot. 

Ditto...

My home office is next to our bedroom which has an area rug with lines on it. Helps me with imaginary ball alignment when I practice my swing. 

IMG_5652.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Got a chuckle out of this:

So the question: what are your odd circumstances for working on your swing? A favorite of mine: rocking the baby to sleep is an excellent time to work on my weight shift. 🙂

Hah funny video! The surgeon I can totally believe - hey maybe it's good pre-op prep for him? - but that dude on the Great Wall?!?!? C'mon!