Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

On 1/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, Shankster said:

Yeah figured. I remember the internet going insane over them. Too bad these ones are chrome plated.

Yeah, not a fan of chrome either. And man irons are getting expensive!!!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Yeah figured. I remember the internet going insane over them. Too bad these ones are chrome plated.

It is interesting how people have different opinions, I personally love the chrome look on the irons. Irons should just be black and chrome! Can’t wait to hit these.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm especially looking forward to hitting the Pros. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome, but I like the simple styling. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Haha, I hit them today. Neener neener...

they were pretty nice, hit the flashy too. Meh. I was kinda pooped out tho when I was hitting it after hitting 6 different irons,  so I didn’t really get any great hits on the flash 3-wood.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I really want these in the black finish!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I'm interested in these as well.  I've been gaming Srixon Z745's for a few years now.  I'm thinking about testing the waters this year, but it's going to be hard to beat the 745.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

2 minutes ago, lungbuster said:

I'm interested in these as well.  I've been gaming Srixon Z745's for a few years now.  I'm thinking about testing the waters this year, but it's going to be hard to beat the 745.

7x5 and 5x5 are some of the best irons on the market in looks, feel and performance in their respective categories.  Curious what would make you want to test the waters?  I agree they will be hard to beat.

the design of the non apex pros mst give you added distance over 745 and maybe even 5x5 but for me on looks and price of the apex release has me not even looking at them. I can find similar or better performance in a better looking package and price tag 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

7x5 and 5x5 are some of the best irons on the market in looks, feel and performance in their respective categories.  Curious what would make you want to test the waters?  I agree they will be hard to beat.

the design of the non apex pros mst give you added distance over 745 and maybe even 5x5 but for me on looks and price of the apex release has me not even looking at them. I can find similar or better performance in a better looking package and price tag 

Really just to see if there is anything that may "feel" better or perform better.  I'm going through some swing changes so maybe something that fits better.  I'm not a club hoe, I like to find what works and stick with it, but if there is improvement to be had, it's worth searching.  I'm not looking for distance, just fit and feel.

• Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Really just to see if there is anything that may "feel" better or perform better.  I'm going through some swing changes so maybe something that fits better.  I'm not a club hoe, I like to find what works and stick with it, but if there is improvement to be had, it's worth searching.  I'm not looking for distance, just fit and feel.
You looking at the regular or pro version?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would lean towards the pros, mainly because of less offset.  That’s one of the bigger things I’ve always liked about my Srixons, on top of the turf interaction with the VT Sole.

• Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

• 2 weeks later...

I still have the CF16's and they're such a great iron set. Might have to add these to my list of "must hit" iron sets for this year. But to echo some of you, not too crazy with the look. They don't look bad but they don't necessarily catch my eye.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• 1 month later...

Mine shipped out and will arrive Tuesday.  Looking forward to playing them.  Apex CF19 6-G with KBS Tour Graphite 70g shafts.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Hit both the Apex and the Apex pro a few weeks ago. There was no real distance difference between the two irons. The Apex went a little higher, but I expected there to be more of a difference between the two. They both felt good, but I wouldn’t say they had the “soft” feel of a forging. It would be pretty tough to get a cup faced iron to feel super soft. They were both very accurate!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Took mine out for a test run yesterday.  I hit them fairly well but still getting used to them.  Solid feel, high launch, a bit longer than my previous Mizuno JPX 850 irons, but that's expected as they're stronger lofted.  I have KBS Tour Graphite shafts installed 1/2 longer than standard.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

OK, played a full round with the clubs today and I really like the iron.  The ball jumps off the face, rather high trajectory, but good distance.  Even my misses were not punishing shots.  My most common miss was a dead pull that flew straight -- obviously, not a knock on the iron, but on my swing.  Punched a six iron under the trees to the green.  Chipped with a nine iron for a tap in par.  Full swing with a 7 iron left me 8 feet above the hole (missed the putt).  All in all...I like 'em!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to hit both this week, and I definitely liked the Apex Pro more. I had a more difficult time controlling distances and the trajectories for knockdown shots with the Apex. However, I felt the Apex were very easy to hit. 

I do not like "butter soft" irons, and the Apex Pro gave me the feels I wanted as they were not incredibly buttery. I felt in control of my shots, my mishits did not give me poor dispersion results, and the shape just fit my eyes. My only real knock is I wish they came in a satin or raw finish... Enough of the chrome already!

I recently tried both the callaway apex and apex pro irons and found that the original apex were more consistent than the pro version.  This was just my feel though, everyone has their own feel for clubs and what they like.  If you like more of a players iron that has a smaller head then the pros might be for you but if you like the look of the bigger head and you find that that makes it easier to hit consistent shots on a bigger face then the original apex is a good option.  Both iron are very nice clubs and a great option if you are looking for clubs but there are very slight differences between these clubs so if you are considering buying one or the other you should try both before buying.

Edited by 21dylan

All I know is that I'm really liking my Apex CF19 irons.  I had them custom fit at Club Champion with KBS Tour Graphite shafts, 1/2 inch long and 3 up at D5.  Previously, I was playing Mizuno JPX 850 irons, 1/4 inch long stock graphite, standard lie, D2. 

My regular playing partner has remarked that he's going to have to step up his own game now that I'm firing my ball at the pin much better than before.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my combo set and all I can say is wow... very forgiving and they go a mile with high ball flight. The lofts are almost too strong for me and I may have to dial them back. Hitting 195-200 yrd 5 irons which is almost 2 clubs stronger than my TM770's. Great turf interaction. If you are coming from a traditional forged set, there are not buttery soft as many describe, although not as harsh as a cast club. The elevate 95 performs as its name says and I'm getting great trajectory with these - have been a lower trajectory hitter in the past. Shot 78 on my first two rounds with these!

I cannot say enough good things about the Apex 19 irons. I use the 6-AW and every club has been money. I have never hit my irons this consistently well. Before getting them I was considering going all hybrids as I was just so disappointed by my play. Thought hasn't crossed my mind since this purchase. 

CA / 13.8 HDCP

Driver :taylormade-small: M3 9.5* with 44" Mitsubishi Tensei blue stiff shaft

:callaway-small: Big Bertha 3 hybrid 18* UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 graphite stiff

:callaway-small: Apex 19 5-AW with True Temper Elevate 95 stiff shafts

:titelist-small: SM6 54* and 58* wedges

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth 35"

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V One

• 4 weeks later...

I just hit these last night and was absolutely blown away by them!  These irons feel like butter, but still keep their consistency and accuracy.  Callaway really did a great job with these irons!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done