2019 Callaway Apex & Apex Pro Iron Thread

jlukes

43 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I have owned three sets of the older Apex Pros, the second version from 2016 and just got a set of the 19s and have not had one issue with hot spots on them.  I did have this issue in the month that I played the Rogue Pros but that could also have been a shaft issue for me, but they did not last long at all in the bag.  

2016 and 2019 versions werent nearly as bad as 2014 but the issue is there. For some it’s related to the one swing out of a bunch that find the center with the right amount of compression, for others with better face control and make swing that regularly compress the ball won’t see it as often. There’s plenty of experiences with the issue across the internet from all level of golfers. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

2016 and 2019 versions werent nearly as bad as 2014 but the issue is there. For some it’s related to the one swing out of a bunch that find the center with the right amount of compression, for others with better face control and make swing that regularly compress the ball won’t see it as often. There’s plenty of experiences with the issue across the internet from all level of golfers. 

Not saying it isn’t an issue for some just saying I never had the issue and played the irons extensively.  Now the little plastic things on the heads of the 14 Apex Pros flying off every other round was a huge problem. I think I still have a dozen and a half of them in my shop from when I played those irons. 

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

• 4 weeks later...

Nice looking irons but after playing them for a number of rounds I found to be nice feeling, forgiving and super loud.  The click sound on them is so bad I sold them and purchased another set of forged irons which are better anyway.  Mizuno MP20 HMB's are so nice.

TaylorMade SIM2 woods, PXG 5 wood, TaylorMade Wedges, Mizuno irons, Scotty Cameron putter and TP5/ProV1x golf balls. 

Club Champ and Long Drive Champ.