Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

null

"I don't need a Seven Mini. I don't need a Seven Mini."

I'm not doing well at convincing myself.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

• 3 months later...

I've had the seven, marksman and 2 ball in the shop. First impression is the detail delivered in each of the putters. The added texture of the lines in the darker part of the putter and the red accent of the Aluminum all capped with the stroke lab have made these a very popular putter just from an aesthetics point of view..

I have found the "S" neck option to be the better selection for most, not all, but most. IF you are the arc putter looking for more help in the aiming department then you might want to check them out.  The newer insert gives the putter a better more solid feel and apparently a sound preferred on tour. Whatever that means.

The contrasting colors, the shapes for alignment (2 balls, lrg lines and overall head shape) the stroke lab, the insert and then the choice of a mid size pistol and jumbo style non taper grip helps makes putts After a proper fitting of course. 

I said had as I only have the 2 ball left.   

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I'm a Marksman fan but I'm not crazy about the line on this one. The line on my O-WORKS putter is wider and looks easier to align with. I can tell when my face isn't square with that line

Sent from my VTR-L09 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I’m using the 7S and after a period of adapting from a blade to the mallet style it’s worked really well for me. I put a SuperStroke pistol gt grip on it and now it’s one of my favorite putters all time. Like how pure it rolls the ball even on bumpier surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

• 1 month later...

I was just randomly in a shop's putting green and they had a gold and black edition two ball to test. I never liked the look of Odyssey but I was testing putters out so I tried it. Did not miss a single thing, I couldn't believe my eyes lol, I was making everything short long(10ft green). I thought it was a fluke and tried some other putters for a bit thrn went back to it, still really good. Honestly only missed like two putts out of 30. I was really temped to buy it right then and there, but it was like $400 at the time. No budget for that.

• 5 weeks later...

Picked up a "used" EXO 7s on Callaway Pre-owned last week that was marked down 30% to $160 USD. It had 2 minor blemishes but you couldn't tell it was ever used on a course. The feedback around CPO used clubs is definitely accurate and I would purchase from them again even with the extra shipping and tax to ship to Canada. I have never been much of a 7 style fan in the past but the colour scheme and all the open spaces on the EXO head really helps you to focus on the alignment lines and club face. 

Put the 7s to work in my basement with the Putt-Out trainer and mat and then proceeded to set a personal best on their 10 ball test using the small target on the first day I had it. Had a scramble two days later which made for a low stress way to introduce it to on-course play.

The scramble provided opportunities to hit aggressive putts, including some far into the fringe or even the first cut and it performed beyond expectations leaving simple tap-ins on most occasions. Capped the day off draining a 21' birdie putt on the last hole which was a great way to build some confidence in the new flat stick (Which was much needed after rotating through an EVNROLL ER2 to a Metal X 9 and now the EXO since the season has started after averaging close to 4 putts/round worse through 14 rounds this year).

The alignment lines make this putter simple to setup and feel automatic from 4-5 feet, a distance which was becoming a struggle with the #9 style odyssey promoting a lot of face rotation. The slant neck on a mallet seems like a great compromise for someone with a mid to strong arcing stoke and I would encourage others to give any company's putters a try with this setup if you didn't get along with face balanced mallets in the past. 

Took it out again last night to the putting green at a course nearby to work on distance control and lag putting. Noticed a couple balls that hopped and skidded a bit and would up short of the hole. It is something I will keep and eye on to see if the micro-hinge face is launching the ball too high when I setup with the ball far forward in my stance. That is the only concern I've got with the putter through a week of use. Really looking forward to my next round and seeing how the EXO performs in a traditional round with some better greens. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0