Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×

3 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

@Kenny B whoa those are some nasty looking things.  They look way worse than the sand spurs we get around the coast.  

I have them growing around the edges of my yard near the road; can't get rid of them!  My sprinklers water out into the gravel area and they grow... well, like weeds!

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have them growing around the edges of my yard near the road; can't get rid of them!  My sprinklers water out into the gravel area and they grow... well, like weeds!

Those things just look and now act like nightmares.  I could think of a few herbicidal remedies to try, but I wouldn't be telling you guys anything new.  Just remind me to keep my shoes on the next time I am west of the Mississippi! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Those things just look and now act like nightmares.  I could think of a few herbicidal remedies to try, but I wouldn't be telling you guys anything new.  Just remind me to keep my shoes on the next time I am west of the Mississippi! 

I use Roundup in the gravel areas two or three times a year.  They just keep coming back though.

The more "dog track" the course, the more tackweeds you'll find.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:49 AM, JohnSmalls said:

@Kenny B whoa those are some nasty looking things.  They look way worse than the sand spurs we get around the coast.  

Yeah you darn sure do not want to walk in my yard in the spring and summer. Those sand spurs are everywhere. I have been out west and know exactly what the guys are talking about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

They pack a punch!

goat head sticker.jpg

Those are nasty b!tches.  The course I play on vacation on the Outer Banks of NC each spring has way too much of that stuff.  My score is inversely proportional to how many of those I'm pulling out of my legs at the end of the round.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

They pack a punch!

goat head sticker.jpg

Well, at least I don't have to deal with those. I mean, at least not for the 3 months we can play.