TESTERS WANTED! ×

2011 Wilson PGA Show (Pics!)

Tony Covey MGS

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a Wilson Custom Fitting cart? Never seen one. I'm guessing that's the only one in existance? Does anybody know where I can find one in the Chicago area?

That's the first thing that grabbed my attention also. There's a Wilson Demo Day at the Buffalo Grove Golf Dome on February 5th...Will have to drop by and see if the fitting cart is a new addition this season (AND, more importantly, to hit the the new FG Tour wedges!).

I need to Demo those 62's, heck I even want to try the FG Tour. They look really sweet. I've been starting to see some pretty cool Wilson commercials with Ricky Barns which are bringing some attention to their clubs. Now if Paddy and Ricky have some decent years this year they might sell some clubs again. I can't remember even seeing commercials 5 years ago about Wilson irons. I hope they do well. There was a time 30 years or more ago that Wilson was probably the #1 Blade in the U.S.A. I like those 62's they really look nice..... :P

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Great pictures thanks as others have said those 62s look great and the tour wedges look great also

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

That's the first thing that grabbed my attention also. There's a Wilson Demo Day at the Buffalo Grove Golf Dome on February 5th...Will have to drop by and see if the fitting cart is a new addition this season (AND, more importantly, to hit the the new FG Tour wedges!).

fg tours are great i have a set and their awesome.feel great and easy to work the ball

• 2 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

I need to Demo those 62's, heck I even want to try the FG Tour. They look really sweet. I've been starting to see some pretty cool Wilson commercials with Ricky Barns which are bringing some attention to their clubs. Now if Paddy and Ricky have some decent years this year they might sell some clubs again. I can't remember even seeing commercials 5 years ago about Wilson irons. I hope they do well. There was a time 30 years or more ago that Wilson was probably the #1 Blade in the U.S.A. I like those 62's they really look nice..... B)

Though they didn't finish first in our best cavity back review (the margins between 1st and 5th were so narrow anyway), the FG Tour was one of my personal favorites. It's a damn nice club by any meaningful measure.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

those wedges are gorgeous...clean and simple, exactly what i like in a wedge

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

• 2 months later...

Archived