Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Grips... get a grip

Sluggo42

I switched to Midsize Plus 2 tapes last year, clubs feel so much better.

I thought I was being silly until I heard even Bryson has HUGE grips along with others.

*edit* just noticed I said that mid Jan already on this thread- snr moment 🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 3 weeks later...
I switched around a year ago to the MCC+4 midsize.  For me, great grips.   I don't have very large hands, wear a medium glove but I find I grip the club much softer with the midsize than the regulars I used to play.  

This is what I’m leaning towards. I have MCC plus 4 midsize on my wedges and absolutely love them. I have a MCC plus 4 align on the driver and from what I can tell I enjoy the feel (doesn’t mean Much benign it’s my trouble club I’m working on the most)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Added the MCC+4 midsize to my 9i today.
Slowly transitioning my irons to new grips this year and most likely going all in on the MCC+4s

I’m in the same boat!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:51 AM, MattF said:

I'm leaning towards a G400 of some flavour, but I'm willing to try all drivers around the $400 mark and see what fits best.

I just took a punt on them a few years ago from reading about them on here. I moved from the Pro to the DTX, again on a punt, a love them. You could just order one at about $6 or 7 and see if you like it. If you don't, you're only out 3 Starbucks coffees. BTW, I got mine on Amazon for $69 for 13, which is an absolute steal and they came from Grips4Less, who is an authorised reseller.

Another Pure DTX user here.  I also started with the Pure Pro then switched to the DTX, not because I didn't like the Pro, just wanted to try the DTX.  My grips have been on my clubs for more than a year, and they feel the same as the day I put them on.  That was not the case for the GP MCC that I had on before.  My grips are starting to show a little wear under the thumb area, so I will regrip this spring.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I recommend doing one club first then give that club a full test on the range and golf course before changing out an entire set of clubs. If you have an air compressor you can even experiment with the number of wraps using the same grip repeatedly.

There is a craze out there with double and triple wrapping ala Bubba Watson. Keep in mind Watson is 76 inches tall with hands the size of Michael Jordan’s. Literally one size doesn’t fit all so be conservative when imitating what you’ve seen on TV.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I love wrap grips, well synthetic wrap, like the GP Tour Wrap. However, I do need to re-grip my irons desperately, and am looking to do that myself for the first time ever. I’m searching grips now, and am thinking of going with the PURE DTX.
I’ve also heard of counterbalancing irons, so I’d really like more info on that. I know that Evnroll uses a rod in back side of their putter grips, and I’ve been looking for something similar to put under the back side of my iron grips, I think that would probably feel a lot like the “Align” grips.
Also, I’ve been looking at the Secret Grips with counterbalance weights already in them, but I’m not sure you could install those with an air compressor.
Does anyone have any info on the rods for counterbalance, or info on the Secret Grip by Boccieri Golf?

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I've been gaming the MCC Plus4 Midsize grips for a few years now and absolutely love them.

I haven't tried the Align grips on a club. I had one in my hand, but didn't really care for that feel.

I may get one and put it on a club that I don't use much and give it a real try on a range session.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9.0*    3-Wd: Taylormade M1-3HL    Hybrid: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 - 18*    Irons: Callaway Apex CF-19 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 50, 56, 58    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider    Ball : Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow

I used to play ribbed grips in college and always loved the feel. Got away from them for the last couple years. Just recently put the GP Tour Velvet Align on the clubs and really can tell the difference they make! 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

These might be my might next choice for my irons. My driver, 3/4w have MCC4+ midsize.
My hybrid still has the standard grip - I’m almost afraid to change it out since I hit this club the best as it is. Though every time I grab it out of my bag it just feels so small!

I’m in the process of re gripping all of my clubs. Went with the MCC+ 4 midsize since I had them on my wedges and loved them. Was going to regroup my 3 wood and hybrids which have standard grips as well, but my 3 wood is basically my driver. (I use it significantly off the tee more than my unpredictable driver). My hybrids I’m still getting the hang of so I’m not too afraid of change there. I’m in the same boat as you. I still ordered extra grips too do it, or switch back to standard if it plays significantly differently.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

I don't wear a glove and like the Golf Pride CP-2 Pro grip.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I changed to the Oversize Winn Dri Tac grips and have loved every minute with them. The fitter I worked with used tape to lessen the taper some because I preferred the consistent thickness of other grips we tried, but the feel/texture (and his recommendation on sweat management) of the dri tacs.

A few people mentioned using an air compressor and trying several grips in rapid succession. If it's a reasonable option, I highly recommend it. It is both fun and incredibly helpful in finding what will work best for you. 

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Archived