Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Callaway SR3* (?)

AH1980MN

I've recently found one of these balls in a box marked SR3- balls I actually liked. Are these just another year's version?

Forgive me off can't post pictures, but the alignment aid/model stamp is identical except for the *. <SR3*>

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

They were released in 2014. Part of the Speed Regime line of balls.

I played them for a bit.  They were the high compression tour ball from Callaway at the time (Srixon XV, PV1X etc).  There were a couple of tour only versions of the ball

Speed Regime 3 DOT Tour Select

The Callaway Speed Regime 3 DOT Tour Select was designed, tested and distributed for TOUR USE ONLY and now for limited release is available for tour players and amateurs alike. The Speed Regime 3 Dot Tour Select is packaged in an All White Box with all white sleeves as distributed on Tour. This ball was used by tour players Adam Hadwin and Colin Montgomerie and the Tour Select ball features optimized aerodynamic HEX dimple pattern designed to fit your swing speed and deliver a penetrating ball flight that holds its line in the wind. The SR 3 is specifically engineered to provide the best aerodynamic performance and the most distance for Athletic swing speed players (90mph to 105mph). The SR 3 has a soft urethane cover and showcases spin separation technology in that it has a soft inner core to generate low spin and increased distance off the driver and a firmer outer core to deliver higher spin rates, more control and improved stopping power into the greens with short irons and wedges.

Speed Regime 3 PLUS Tour Select

The Callaway Speed Regime 3 PLUS Tour Select was designed, tested and distributed for TOUR USE ONLY and now for limited release is available for tour players and amateurs alike. The Speed Regime 3 PLUS Tour Select is packaged in an All White Box with all white sleeves as distributed on Tour. Key ball characteristics are Low iron spin but high wedge spin; known for very consistent flight; was used by Phil Mickelson & Patrick Reed. This Tour Select ball is specifically engineered to provide the best aerodynamic performance and the most distance for Tour-Level swing speed players (105mph and above). The SR 3 is designed with a new proprietary soft urethane cover which promotes tour-level control around the greens and gives this ball an incredibly soft feel while a softer inner and firmer outer mantle layer reduces driver spin and increases ball speeds to optimize ball performance.

Speed Regime 3S Tour Select 

The Callaway Speed Regime 3S Tour Select was designed, tested and distributed for TOUR USE ONLY and now for limited release is available for tour players and amateurs alike. The Speed Regime 3S Tour Select is packaged in an All White Box with all white sleeves as distributed on Tour. Key ball characteristics are Max spin through the bag; softer cover than SR3 star; was used by Lydia Ko & Branden Grace. This Tour Select ball is specifically engineered to provide the best aerodynamic performance and the most distance for Tour-Level swing speed players (105mph and above). The SR 3 is designed with a new proprietary soft urethane cover which promotes tour-level control around the greens and gives this ball an incredibly soft feel while a softer inner and firmer outer mantle layer reduces driver spin and increases ball speeds to optimize ball performance.

12 hours ago, AH1980MN said:

I've recently found one of these balls in a box marked SR3- balls I actually liked. Are these just another year's version?

Forgive me off can't post pictures, but the alignment aid/model stamp is identical except for the *. <SR3*>

Is the asterisk a star AH, or is it truly an asterisk?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Archived