Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×

All you’d have to do to sell me is make a classic looking club, with normal colors, normal name, and don’t reinvent it every year.

Stick with a color for your brand and roll with it. Similar to Wilson and red, titleist and black, cobra and orange.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GB13 said:

On putters, MOI and purer roll from a new insert or milling...

I am with you on the better/purer roll with regard to a putter.  All balls skid at the beginning and friction starts the ball rolling.  The goal is to match up loft, shaft lean, and angle of attack to get the proper launch.  a putted ball with allways roll pure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So if XYZ OEM annoumces it's 2020 driver by saying.  "Heres oir new driver.  We like it snd we hope you buy it”.   How many would honestly give it a true look.    Im sure most of us here would ss we could tell if its better or not.   But as we’ve said many times, we are less than 1% of the club buying customers.   So average Joe, who walks into GG or PGASS may never give it a shot. 

All this said, these hyperbole marketing tactics are needed and do work   

No doubt the marketing stuff works and for a large portion of the consumer base it’s about what they see. Combine those two factors and brands like Mizuno for their drivers, Srixon’s entire lineup and brands like that struggle to gain market share on the big boys. 

They see koepka win majors with Tm driver and Mizuno irons then walk into GG and walk right past the Mizuno driver/woods display because if they arevt good enough for tour they can’t be that good.  

• Like 1

Just my old school self talking here, and not really a slogan buzzword, but I find the "bling" colors in balls and shafts a bit over-done. It's funny but the same "faster is better" and crazy eye popping colors have engulfed fly fishing rods.  So far I've successfully resisted the temptations.

• Like 1