TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official - Snedeker Leaves Bridgestone

I know it's been bandied about for the last week or so, but just got official word from Bridgestone that Brandt Snedeker is leaving the brand. Not sure if it's a matter of his contract running out and not being renewed, or if he decided on his own to look for greener pastures, but here's the official statement:

“For more than a decade, Brandt Snedeker has served as a tremendous ambassador for the Bridgestone Golf brand, and we are proud to have been the equipment partner he trusted for all 9 of his PGA TOUR career victories, including his thrilling FedEx Cup points title in 2012. “Sneds” will forever hold a special place in the Bridgestone Golf heritage. We wish him nothing but continued success and happiness both on and off the course.”

Folks at Bridgestone tell me Snedeker is one of the truly good guys, and he worked very hard with the golf ball group.

And he always grabbed the check at dinner. 

Have heard rumblings about some TaylorMade stuff finding its way back int o Snedeker's bag...have you guys seen/heard anything?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Will be interesting to see where he lands.

I can vouch for him being one of the good guys.  Had the opportunity meet and have lunch with him at an Adidas launch several years ago, and while he had to be there, the conversation he had with us was truly engaging, asking all sorts of questions about us, our games, etc.   Never came off as a forced to be there, or faking it. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

While the evidence was out there for awhile it’s still surprising. It’s hard to think of Bridgestone and not have him or Kuchar come to mind.  Looking forward to see where he ends up 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Surprised to hear this, but its been a long run. Brandt is one of the PGA's good guy's.  Always enjoy watching him play and his interviews.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My bet is on TaylorMade but Callaway sure is swiping up a bunch of these fellas recently. I think he played the TaylorMade Burner for a few years after the newer models so we know he’s liked their gear in the past. Guess we’ll just have to see...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I don’t know what PXG’s budget looks like but he absolutely fits that mold. He’s a friendlier and less dramatic Horschel and has the chops like ZJ without the major.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

....wow...just when Bridgestone was getting back into the equipment game.  With everyone fighting over that "last 1 percent" I can't see how they are able to stick with it and make a profit.  Perhaps someone new will join?  Maybe a web.com superstar that just joined the tour?  Seems like their $ now is in golf balls...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

....wow...just when Bridgestone was getting back into the equipment game.  With everyone fighting over that "last 1 percent" I can't see how they are able to stick with it and make a profit.  Perhaps someone new will join?  Maybe a web.com superstar that just joined the tour?  Seems like their $ now is in golf balls...

I'm no marketing MBA (but how hard is it, really??) but this seems a great strategy for a smaller brand.  Sign up & comers with incentive laden contracts, and hope one or two hit big!  The money you're paying them they've earned back for the brand in multiples.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

...certainly so!  and you'd hope that there is some loyalty established once they do become a superstar.

one of the problems I see is that you need to be good at finding those players who will get exposure on television....I wonder if the 'big boys' swoop in and sign those web.com/college stars early or they focus on their current tour players?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

56 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

...certainly so!  and you'd hope that there is some loyalty established once they do become a superstar.

one of the problems I see is that you need to be good at finding those players who will get exposure on television....I wonder if the 'big boys' swoop in and sign those web.com/college stars early or they focus on their current tour players?

Most sign with a brand when they turn pro and/or earn playing status on the euro/pga web/challenge tour.  Most are probably shots in the dark outside of the high ranking college players

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Well, I hear that Molinari and Koepka are available.... 😊

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Well, I hear that Molinari and Koepka are available.... 😊

LOL!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Sucks for Bridgestone for sure

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the details and replies gents. But BStone is killing it with golf ball sales having locked up the worlds best TW. Plus BStone is a true manufacture and golf balls are where they started.

Also after watching the US AM last couple days all of those kids are already locked up on equipment deals. Ping and playing Ping while TMag and Addis clothes (even tho they are seperate now) with Nike clothing deals.

Sure most are college deals but the Hooter Tour player I know plus a couple working into Korn Ferry Tour they get locked up quickly even if its just free equipment and fittings anytime they can stop in. Plus their OEM rep will always be in contact pushing new gear in hopes they all end up on TV or Web.