Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Head Tac

I searched but couldn't find anything.  Mods, if I missed it please merge this with the proper thread.

I was curious if any fellow Spies have used this stuff as an alternative to hotmelt?  If so, what are your thoughts?  No problems at all or big mistake?  What I have found online has been fairly vague with little to no long term results. This stuff can be had for less than $20 from Golfworks for approximately 28 grams.  While I do understand there is lead tape, I don't really care for the look of it.  Plus I am a little OCD with my clubs and like them to look "pretty" as long as possible!  Hotmelt would obviously be the best solution but I like to tinker with my own clubs and don't care to spend the money on a Hotmelt Gun.

Thanks in advance

Mark

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Hello, I don't think the HEAD TACK is the same as Hot Melt for what you're looking to do. I've used HEAD TACK several times to stop rattles in club heads. Hot melting adds weight to certain areas of the club usually by drilling holes in the bottom of the club. Use LEAD weights from Golf Works. They are little rubber squares you stick on the clubs if lead tape is not to your liking. 

Hot melt has it's uses, but most modern drivers and fairways/hybrids also have interchangeable weights to adjust swing weight. The Srixon Z785 can be adjusted quite easily:

https://www.srixon.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_ClevelandGolf/default/dw520ce6fc/pdf/16_SX_Z65-Series-Instruction-Manual.pdf

Head Tac is pretty much useless for swing weight adjustment. It is designed to be used to stop head rattles by applying a thin coat to the entire inside of the club head - since it isn't a heat setting medium, it will remain at a viscosity at a level that will be affected by ambient temperatures - meaning it will run to the direction of gravity if used in great enough quantities to affect swing weight and it's warm enough outside. Like sunshine and the trunk of your car in summer. It would recommend it's use only as a quick and dirty rattle stop solution.

Thanks guys. I guess I will just have to look for someone to hotmelt it for me.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• 4 weeks later...

Headtac isn’t the same. I tried it. Ended up spending a little over $700 on a champ gun and 20 lbs of melt for it. So I can hook you up with the hotmelt lol

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had an issue with head tac to add SW to my clubs. Last year I added 14grams of tungsten powder to the heel portion of a fairway wood thru the weight port. Worked like a charm and got the draw bias I needed.

Randy

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Archived