Sign in to follow this  
edingc

New Member from Michigan

3 hours ago, Miboy62 said:

Welcome from west Michigan 

Thank you! I'm guessing we're not far from each other!

16 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Welcome from Vegas! 

A bit jealous of you being in Michigan (partly). Had an amazing trip there last summer to Grand Rapids and up to Boyne. 

Yes, the entire west side of Michigan is spoiled with fantastic places to play. Growing up, I think there were 10+ courses within 30 minutes of me. I actually prefer many of the older, more municipal style courses, of which there is becoming less of unfortunately, but we're blessed with many of those as well.

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us. Nice Intro.  Good luck on your adventure to better golf.  It will come; just takes a commitment!!

I appreciate the sentiment! Golf is so frustratingly humbling. But a great way to compete against yourself. As a former writer I enjoy posting about it, glad you enjoyed it.

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Welcome from northwest Ohio! 

The land of roller coasters!

18 hours ago, PMookie said:

Welcome from a former Ypsilanti resident!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you, fellow (former?) Michigander!

16 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

I'm in the NW corner, close to GA & NC.  You still haven't told us the secret behind your username....  We may need to have a contest!

I'm Cody (the C). The username is pretty much directly related to my name, and I like to keep it consistent across sites. Feel free to Google it if you're interested in my life outside of golf!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, edingc said:

I'm Cody (the C). The username is pretty much directly related to my name, and I like to keep it consistent across sites. Feel free to Google it if you're interested in my life outside of golf!

Hmmm...  could be interesting.  Perhaps a REAL spy?!?  🕵️‍♂️

Yes, former. I get up there throughout the year for work.

Mustang Magic.

Which HS was that?

17 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Mustang Magic.

Which HS was that?

Three Oaks River Valley. I have no affiliation with the school beyond the documentary, but the lead producer graduated from there and is a good friend of mine.

Hilarious that you found that, as it is oddly golf related. As part of that whole thing, we found a connection to a member of the Lost Dunes private golf club in Berrien Springs. Ended up getting to play 18 for nothing on that course. First, and so far only, time having a caddie (who my playing partner tipped very well). My locker in the locker room was next to Mike Ditka's. 

By far the most challenging greens I've ever played. Rolled like putting on concrete.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, edingc said:

Thank you! I'm guessing we're not far from each other!

I am from the GR area.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Nice intro and welcome to MGS from Seattle!

Thanks! Would love to get out to Seattle someday to take in a baseball game and eat some fish!

• Like 1

Greetings from the sunrise side of Michigan. Hoping to get to your side this season, Arcadia Bluffs is on my list for April, weather permitting !!!!

Welcome...

Chris

• Like 4

Welcome from Grand Rapids, MI. Come and play Quail Ridge in Ada. Great course, huge fairways and greens. Always in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy