TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy Tournament

Har in the Hat

Guys.

As I have been planning and organizing the NorthWest golf outing for MGS, I have been thinking why do we not have a get together in a central location for anyone interested.

Now it is a little late to plan and organize for 2019, but what is your thought for a 2020 MGS golf outing in a central American location for anyone interested. 

What are your thoughts.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Pick The LInks at Northfork in Ramsey, MN and I'll be there 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I would love to do something like this.  I just got to figure out how to work it so my wife thinks it was her idea to take a vacation to wherever it is held at the correct time!

4 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Pick The LInks at Northfork in Ramsey, MN and I'll be there 🙂

This might be close enough for me to drive to.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I'd be happy to meet up with everyone if it works with my crazy schedule. I'm in Monroe, WA if there's any Snohomish area golfers that even want to play a weekend round sometime.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

So, I remember CG2 putting something like this into an idea thread a while back and it garnered a lot of ideas. However Har, the one thing I'd say is if you're putting together a MGS tournament or get together revolving around golf it should be around Yorktown, Virginia

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Great idea- ya know Scotland is pretty good for golf courses........😉😉

/maybe I'll win the lottery by 2020 and can join you 😍

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

This topic/idea arrives each year. I have tried in the past to suggest and or help organize a MGS  nationwide tournament series with zero results. So good luck. I'd also say that I'm very interested as long as it's in my home town and doesn't cost anything. That's what you'll encounter. I "hosted" a Texas event a few years ago and what started out promising with 21 players signing up (Texas only) ended up being a 5-some on a Saturday. Nobody wanted to travel past their own backyard and nobody wanted to put up any money for a payout or  even a trophy, etc. Except 5 of us. I personally bought 3 little medals to pass out to our first through 3rd place finishers and we had a token cash award. It was fun and I met 4 members who I enjoyed playing with. Ethan was there and he's the only guy I still see in the forum. The others have vanished as best I can tell.

Best wishes on your tournament. Unless the MGS Headquarters gets behind an endeavor such as you're suggesting it ain't going to happen and certainly not on a national scale. Organizing and running a golf tournament for forum members isn't part of their business model I'd wager.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

13 hours ago, Waazzupppp said:

I'd be happy to meet up with everyone if it works with my crazy schedule. I'm in Monroe, WA if there's any Snohomish area golfers that even want to play a weekend round sometime.

@Har in the Hat is coordinating a trip tp the Spokane area on July 12-14.  If you are interested, I can add you to the PM on the topic.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think a nationwide outing would be awesome, but committing to such an event would be difficult without plenty of advance notice. I honestly like driving places to play golf, but would likely limit myself to within a 10-12 hour drive, which encircles a pretty huge area for me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I don't have a lot to add here, but just want everyone to know the current thought on a national tournament.   

It is very much something Adam and the rest of the staff wants to do, but like most things that MGS does, we want to do it right and make it something special,.  From the course, to the format and to the activities surrounding the  outing.   We don't want it to end up being 4 to 7 guys all from the same area showing up.  That is more of a local/regional thing which I try to get at least one of those a year together here in the DC/MD area. And I highly encourage others like HarintheHat is doing, that Plaid did in Texas,  and that Matt/Max/Mr. Theo did last year for Ohio. 

But this idea is still high on the "must do" list that we have, whether it ends up being this spring/summer or fall, and where that's all TBD.  But we will keep you updated if and when anything definite starts taking place. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Whenever all you boys are ready to come to Hawaii, let me know.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

@Har in the Hat is coordinating a trip tp the Spokane area on July 12-14.  If you are interested, I can add you to the PM on the topic.

Seriously! That's the worst timing for me. We will be at Disneyland that weekend. Maybe I can catch the next one!

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

13 minutes ago, Waazzupppp said:

Seriously! That's the worst timing for me. We will be at Disneyland that weekend. Maybe I can catch the next one!

No worries!  I'm confident that we can do another one.  Several of the guys expressing interest in the outing are from the Seattle area.  When the weather gets better, I'm open to a trip over the pass.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 1/10/2019 at 11:07 PM, tchat07 said:

Hey while you're at it why not try to do an east coast one also emoji16.png!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Where are you on the east coast?  If you're in the DMV area, check out our thread.  There's usually a regional get-together every so often.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

But this idea is still high on the "must do" list that we have, whether it ends up being this spring/summer or fall, and where that's all TBD.  But we will keep you updated if and when anything definite starts taking place.

I'm surprised to hear this. IMHO it would take a full year to plan before a launch. MGS and perhaps some vendors would have to underwrite this and it wouldn't be cheap. I believe for a national scale event it would require dividing up the US into regions and have qualifiers throughout the year with those winners or placeholders advancing to the National Championship in the fall. It'd be a big deal all around. Would I play in such an event? Maybe. Show me the plan.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

36 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm surprised to hear this. IMHO it would take a full year to plan before a launch. MGS and perhaps some vendors would have to underwrite this and it wouldn't be cheap. I believe for a national scale event it would require dividing up the US into regions and have qualifiers throughout the year with those winners or placeholders advancing to the National Championship in the fall. It'd be a big deal all around. Would I play in such an event? Maybe. Show me the plan.

Iirc GC2 organizes events for a living and he along with Tony and Adam have contacts throughout the industry and would be able to do what’s necessary to organize and it wouldn’t take a whole year not to mention the various OEMs at used to organizing events. With that level of expertise it wouldn’t be that hard. It’s an undertaking for sure but can be done.  

As for regional qualifiers those have been tried and the usual outcome is more failure than success.

As gc2 mentioned when doing something like this the key is to make it special. Lots of reputations are on the line and if it doesn’t go right it makes a lot of people look bad. I have faith in gc2 and the rest of the staff that if they do something it will be done right and if it can’t be it won’t get done

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

This topic/idea arrives each year. I have tried in the past to suggest and or help organize a MGS  nationwide tournament series with zero results. So good luck. I'd also say that I'm very interested as long as it's in my home town and doesn't cost anything. That's what you'll encounter. I "hosted" a Texas event a few years ago and what started out promising with 21 players signing up (Texas only) ended up being a 5-some on a Saturday. Nobody wanted to travel past their own backyard and nobody wanted to put up any money for a payout or  even a trophy, etc. Except 5 of us. I personally bought 3 little medals to pass out to our first through 3rd place finishers and we had a token cash award. It was fun and I met 4 members who I enjoyed playing with. Ethan was there and he's the only guy I still see in the forum. The others have vanished as best I can tell.
Best wishes on your tournament. Unless the MGS Headquarters gets behind an endeavor such as you're suggesting it ain't going to happen and certainly not on a national scale. Organizing and running a golf tournament for forum members isn't part of their business model I'd wager.

This sounds like most of the guys who I sometimes golf with here in Tallahassee. I’ll try and organize a foursome for a Saturday morning far in advance and everyone has something better to do. However when I call them up and say I have a free round somewhere all of a sudden everyone’s schedule magically opens up.

Moral of the story. Talk is cheap. And yeah, I stopped trying to organize any golf group anywhere. It’s just impossible to get anyone to commit to anything, unless it’s free to them and you do all the work for them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

9 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

I think there is some confusion.  The first post and what Rob is discussing is an outing.  However, the title and your response is abouta a tournament.    I think it would be more likely that we could get a weekend type outing coordinated and not a true tournament. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yep. To add to what @cnosil said.  Anything we do in the way of an official MGS outing would be a one weekend type event with maybe Two rounds and some other fun stuff. 

To add to what @RickyBobby_PR said.  This isn't my first rodeo in being involved in these things.😎

So nothing is on the books. But is still on the radar at some point 

10 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Which thread is that I am in Maryland.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I believe two threads got merged. One that was general DMV talk and one for an outing we did at Swan Point.   But this will catch you up on some of the action and namws. 

We are mostly central MD with a couple Richmond/Norfolk area guys thrown in. 

• SPY VIP

If there's interest, I'll organize a NorCal meet-up later in the Spring.

Maybe at Yoche De He

Play golf, meet MGS people, have an adult beverage, and spend the night to gamble if one wishes.

Simple and social. 

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MBP said:

The Texas one in September was so good

By far one of my favorite ones in recent memory. Texas golf is fun

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

If there's interest, I'll organize a NorCal meet-up later in the Spring.

Maybe at Yoche De He

Play golf, meet MGS people, have an adult beverage, and spend the night to gamble if one wishes.

Simple and social. 

NorCal could be a option too. I got family in Sacramento. Bet even MBP would come down

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Edited by HardcoreLooper
Duplicate post

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

13 hours ago, GolfSpy MBP said:

Ya, maybe a little Cali trip action

@deejaid& I had a PM chat about the possibility of a NorCal golf date in his area near wine country. I have family all over that area and we try to visit at least once a year. If someone wants to organize something down there, I may be able to attend...Heck, he may even be interested himself I bet.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers