MyGolfSpy Tournament

Yep. To add to what @cnosil said.  Anything we do in the way of an official MGS outing would be a one weekend type event with maybe Two rounds and some other fun stuff. 

To add to what @RickyBobby_PR said.  This isn't my first rodeo in being involved in these things.😎

So nothing is on the books. But is still on the radar at some point 

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

10 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Which thread is that I am in Maryland.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I believe two threads got merged. One that was general DMV talk and one for an outing we did at Swan Point.   But this will catch you up on some of the action and namws. 

We are mostly central MD with a couple Richmond/Norfolk area guys thrown in. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

• SPY VIP

If there's interest, I'll organize a NorCal meet-up later in the Spring.

Maybe at Yoche De He

Play golf, meet MGS people, have an adult beverage, and spend the night to gamble if one wishes.

Simple and social. 

• Like 3

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MBP said:

The Texas one in September was so good

By far one of my favorite ones in recent memory. Texas golf is fun

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Dave said:

If there's interest, I'll organize a NorCal meet-up later in the Spring.

Maybe at Yoche De He

Play golf, meet MGS people, have an adult beverage, and spend the night to gamble if one wishes.

Simple and social. 

NorCal could be a option too. I got family in Sacramento. Bet even MBP would come down

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Edited by HardcoreLooper
Duplicate post

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

13 hours ago, GolfSpy MBP said:

Ya, maybe a little Cali trip action

@deejaid& I had a PM chat about the possibility of a NorCal golf date in his area near wine country. I have family all over that area and we try to visit at least once a year. If someone wants to organize something down there, I may be able to attend...Heck, he may even be interested himself I bet.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Yeah, I would probably be able to make a Nor Cal tourney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I think this is an awesome idea and has generated some good discussion. Especially about a potential official MGS weekend get-together, which would be legendary.

I love what Har is trying to do, great way for spies to get together. I need to prove to CG2 I'm not normally as bad as I was last time 🙂

Rick Shiels is trying to put together on his youtube channel a golf day, where all of his followers play golf on the same day and send in picture/video clips. Something like this is definitely doable, especially doing some live streaming, etc. We could even do a leaderboard made up of everyone's net scores. It's not the same as being in the same place, but at the very least it would let me cheat without any of you watching!

• Like 2

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I believe two threads got merged. One that was general DMV talk and one for an outing we did at Swan Point.   But this will catch you up on some of the action and namws. 
We are mostly central MD with a couple Richmond/Norfolk area guys thrown in. 
[/url]  

This is a drive for me, however if it’s done again this August I’d be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:09 AM, PlaidJacket said:

This topic/idea arrives each year. I have tried in the past to suggest and or help organize a MGS  nationwide tournament series with zero results. So good luck. I'd also say that I'm very interested as long as it's in my home town and doesn't cost anything. That's what you'll encounter. I "hosted" a Texas event a few years ago and what started out promising with 21 players signing up (Texas only) ended up being a 5-some on a Saturday. Nobody wanted to travel past their own backyard and nobody wanted to put up any money for a payout or  even a trophy, etc. Except 5 of us. I personally bought 3 little medals to pass out to our first through 3rd place finishers and we had a token cash award. It was fun and I met 4 members who I enjoyed playing with. Ethan was there and he's the only guy I still see in the forum. The others have vanished as best I can tell.

Best wishes on your tournament. Unless the MGS Headquarters gets behind an endeavor such as you're suggesting it ain't going to happen and certainly not on a national scale. Organizing and running a golf tournament for forum members isn't part of their business model I'd wager.

The idea of a MGS National Meet-up just sounds fun and I for one would love to see it happen.  Perusing through the thread archives, I stumbled on this thread and this post.  While I agree with what @PlaidJacketis saying, the never give up on the idea part of me kicks in. We're now having our 3rd Annual PNW Meet-up (next week) and while we've not yet been able to get the numbers we'd love to see participate, it hasn't stopped us from trying.

Certainly C19 has thrown a wrench into things and even with it (we hope) moving off into the annals of history, it may take another year of backside recovery to get us to the point folks might consider participating in such an event.  Summer 2022? Curious to hear how many would honestly consider the time and expense for a national meet-up, best location, and duration.

• Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

19 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The idea of a MGS National Meet-up just sounds fun and I for one would love to see it happen.  Perusing through the thread archives, I stumbled on this thread and this post.  While I agree with what @PlaidJacketis saying, the never give up on the idea part of me kicks in. We're now having our 3rd Annual PNW Meet-up (next week) and while we've not yet been able to get the numbers we'd love to see participate, it hasn't stopped us from trying.

Certainly C19 has thrown a wrench into things and even with it (we hope) moving off into the annals of history, it may take another year of backside recovery to get us to the point folks might consider participating in such an event.  Summer 2022? Curious to hear how many would honestly consider the time and expense for a national meet-up, best location, and duration.

For me it would be solely dependent on where it was held. I’d have to drive to it, use some points for a hotel… I’d be “in”.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

If a Central US location is used, then I'd think I could definitely make it happen.  OK is fairly close to central and I could likely drive to anywhere that would fit that description.  I'm all in!

• Like 2

WITB:

Nothing presently.  I'm doing a full rebuild soon after my golfer's elbow heals and I get a full fitting.

47 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

There has been talk of such an event at headquarters.  I don't know of any details or when it would happen but I do know there is interest in holding such an event.   It would most likely occur near MGS headquarters in Yorktown VA.   Would you come here and  what would you like to have the event look like?   

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There has been talk of such an event at headquarters.  I don't know of any details or when it would happen but I do know there is interest in holding such an event.   It would most likely occur near MGS headquarters in Yorktown VA.   Would you come here and  what would you like to have the event look like?   

Yes I would.  To help amortize the travel time and expense, I think at least a two day event would make sense.  I'd probably make it a drive trip and play some long on the bucket list courses in route to and from... perhaps with some spies who cannot make the national event.  

If Adam & Co. can include a complimentary MGS logo towel as part of the deal, it's a no brainer 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’d love to see something like this happen, most of you know I came from one of the other forums that did a lot of outings and when they were just outings with everybody having fun and playing golf they were great but then they got to be a money grab for the owners of that forum and they weren’t fun anymore.

@PlaidJacketI would love to see another one put together in Texas it wouldn’t have to be a tournament just a bunch of dudes getting together and playing some golf over a weekend.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

8 minutes ago, TBT said:

I’d love to see something like this happen, most of you know I came from one of the other forums that did a lot of outings and when they were just outings with everybody having fun and playing golf they were great but then they got to be a money grab for the owners of that forum and they weren’t fun anymore.

@PlaidJacketI would love to see another one put together in Texas it wouldn’t have to be a tournament just a bunch of dudes getting together and playing some golf over a weekend.

Not sure which other forum you're referring to, but I'd be down for an outing in TX, too.  I'm in OKC, but something in between Dallas and Houston would be doable.  Heck, even Houston would be doable with enough lead time.

• Like 3

WITB:

Nothing presently.  I'm doing a full rebuild soon after my golfer's elbow heals and I get a full fitting.

The local/regional events are great but we're talking a national event... a spy round-up for the ages! 

Perhaps we need a new, un-merged thread that is specific to a national event?  No matter what location is selected, it will require travel by most.  What's unclear is whether the members decision to participate is primarily the cost and time of travel or the interest in such an event?  

Hence, the purpose of my stoking this pile of embers... just trying to get an honest read on interest.  

• Like 2