MyGolfSpy Tournament

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Yup. And god forbid you organized an unofficial regional meetup that ended up being more popular than the money grabs. To the black list you went!

Oh man.  You’re right.  That got you shunned!   Ha. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

35 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Oh man.  You’re right.  That got you shunned!   Ha. 

Me, Ricky and a basically all of the NJ and Eastern PA guys

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

9 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

It'd be around a 9 hour drive for me but I would absolutely do my best to make something like this. Years ago when I was with a forum that we won't name, I was able to meet @ole gray and @DawgDaddy at a regional meetup we had. Then we were able to get together and play again, some of the most fun I've had golfing!

That was a blast, I still think about that more often than you probably think I do.  Depending on dates of a get together at Spy headquarters,  I would be interested in attending for sure. 

• Like 3

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Speed
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X   5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2   54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope
Ball -  :taylormade-small: Tour Response Stripe

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

4 hours ago, jlukes said:

Me, Ricky and a basically all of the NJ and Eastern PA guys

I remember that…lol for some reason that was a no no…lol

The regional meetups were great….I remember driving from Houston all the way to Des Moines, Iowa just to play golf for 2 days with a bunch of guys from the internet 🤪  it was a blast! Too bad he ruined all of that

• Like 3

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

14 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

I was interested in making the big trip (travel restrictions notwithstanding) but I don’t think it’s advisable for the hat and me to be in the same location 😅

Leave all the loudmouth gear at home and the hat may stay in my basement...

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

43 minutes ago, MattF said:

Leave all the loudmouth gear at home and the hat may stay in my basement...

I think everyone else would chip in for new golf attire for me just so they won’t have to see the hat, win win for me😂

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

4 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

I think everyone else would chip in for new golf attire for me 

Only to cover up those legs!

• Haha 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 7 months later...

Hey all - KennyB mentioned to me there may possibly could be a meet-up at or near MGS HQ sometime this coming May-June ('22) - if so I'm def gonna try to make it (already have the provisional go-ahead from The Boss) buuut .... fyi I'd prefer to play with a non-competitive / "just out to have fun" (aka beer-drinking 🤪) group! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Hey all - KennyB mentioned to me there may possibly could be a meet-up at or near MGS HQ sometime this coming May-June ('22) - if so I'm def gonna try to make it (already have the provisional go-ahead from The Boss) buuut .... fyi I'd prefer to play with a non-competitive / "just out to have fun" (aka beer-drinking 🤪) group! 

I was just relating what I remember @cnosil mentioning last summer.  If the timing is right, I'm planning a trip east to Johnson City, TN area to meet friends I used to work with.  Dates are somewhat flexible (at this point), and I would also like to hook up with @Tom the Golf Nut and @sirchunksalot on the same trip.  It's a lot to coordinate, but I'm willing to extend my trip to MGS HQ if there is a chance to meet more Spys.

• Like 8

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I was just relating what I remember @cnosil mentioning last summer.  If the timing is right, I'm planning a trip east to Johnson City, TN area to meet friends I used to work with.  Dates are somewhat flexible (at this point), and I would also like to hook up with @Tom the Golf Nut and @sirchunksalot on the same trip.  It's a lot to coordinate, but I'm willing to extend my trip to MGS HQ if there is a chance to meet more Spys.

I know it has been discussed ( @Golfspy_CG2 probably has more inside info)  and I was at HQ when Adam and Harry were discussing so I provided some input.  I think they are waiting for all this COVID stuff to die down some.  Adam is all about doing things well and wants to make sure it is done right.  

• Like 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I know it has been discussed ( @Golfspy_CG2 probably has more inside info)  and I was at HQ when Adam and Harry were discussing so I provided some input.  I think they are waiting for all this COVID stuff to die down some.  Adam is all about doing things well and wants to make sure it is done right.  

Count me in wherever & whenever it's decided.  👍

• Like 2

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

@cnosil is correct about both waiting until COVID is in a much better place snd Adam wanting to do it right.  I would say at this point May-June Is very unlikely.   

Bit on the othet hand I have been tossing around an idea in my head for a local/regional meet up at a place here in MD that I really like snd it’s a perfect venue for those that would want to make it a multiple day Friday-Sunday thing or just one day of it. 

Once I get more of it worked out I’d mention it to Harry snd or Adam and see if one of them wanted to make it up. It’s about 2.5 hours from HQ  

Still just a thought in my mid right now  but it could be s way to get the bigger HQ event kickstarted  

• Like 8

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

@cnosil is correct about both waiting until COVID is in a much better place snd Adam wanting to do it right.  I would say at this point May-June Is very unlikely.   

Bit on the othet hand I have been tossing around an idea in my head for a local/regional meet up at a place here in MD that I really like snd it’s a perfect venue for those that would want to make it a multiple day Friday-Sunday thing or just one day of it. 

Once I get more of it worked out I’d mention it to Harry snd or Adam and see if one of them wanted to make it up. It’s about 2.5 hours from HQ  

Still just a thought in my mid right now  but it could be s way to get the bigger HQ event kickstarted  

MD is in the acceptable drive range for me!

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great Idea Rob....As long as it is not graduation weekend I am in.

• Like 2

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

53 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

MD is in the acceptable drive range for me!

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I may be able to swing this as I get out to Williamsport pretty often and can surround a work trip out of it.  Keep me posted.

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I am always down to play, if needed, I can always set something up here in Delaware too...cricket, cricket

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

I'm in for a DE get together.....being Eastern shore we would prefer to be adopted by DE anyway!!  😁 

@ballplayer002003   Have you played Odessa this past year?  I never managed to get back there after playing late 2020 and wondered how it was playing.  It seemed like a pretty good deal $-wise for the layout & shape.

• Like 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Funny, I was considering to trip to HQ myself.  Hey @sirchunksalot you interested? We can go up together. We talked about Crossville but we can play a round in my area with @Kenny B.  Then see how the timing works up to VA. It's about 6-1/2 hrs from my area. 

Whoop , whoop. Can you say ROAD TRIP!

Hopefully HQ can get a date out soon so everyone can make arrangements. 

• Like 5

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Funny, I was considering to trip to HQ myself.  Hey @sirchunksalot you interested? We can go up together. We talked about Crossville but we can play a round in my area with @Kenny B.  Then see how the timing works up to VA. It's about 6-1/2 hrs from my area. 

Whoop , whoop. Can you say ROAD TRIP!

Hopefully HQ can get a date out soon so everyone can make arrangements. 

I think it'd be fun to go up to HQ, I've been wanting to do the trip up there for the last couple of years. I think it would be fun to get to meet a bunch of fellow spies and get to know them in person. 

• Like 6