RickyBobby_PR

Matte or glossy

Matte or Glossy  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which one

• Matte
    • Glossy

I really prefer the matte look. Sunny her in AZ, cuts the glare down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted (edited)

Definitely #TeamMatte here! While the F9 Speedbacks have some gloss, it was the matte edging that made me go with Avalanche in both the driver and 3/4 FW. 

Edited by mr.hicksta
  • Like 1

The G25 I'm gaming has a matte finish and I don't think it looks bad, but give me a Titleist anything with that nice shine to it and I'm like 😍. It also depends on color of course. Take the TM drivers of yesteryear with the matte white crowns - I don't think a gloss finish would have done them any favors. 

• Like 1

Can't say I've ever been distracted by a glossy crown. It sounds like one of those things that marketing departments come up with to tell convince you that theirs is better but has no actual benefit.

Which ever works best for me... that being said All things being equal, Glossy. I am not a fan of the Matte look. But my Ping G30 was a great driver and worked well.. But I do prefer glossy.

I've always had a gloss finish on woods up until this season with the G410 woods. I have quickly converted to being a fan of the low glare finish. I've noticed that the lack of reflection let's me focus more on the ball (I just now realize how bad my ADD is that the reflections of light and trees caught my attention before).

Don't really have a preference but all my drivers have been glossy. Adams Redline, Titlest 915 and TS2 and have never had a problem with glare. Don't really have a preference on color either.

Driver: TS2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood: 915 F stiff
3 Hybrid: 915 HD
4-PW: 710 AP2
Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport M1

I think it can work either way for me.  Depends on the other design elements I guess.

I need to go get a look at the F9 in person to see if I like it better as Glossy or Matte.  

• Like 1