TESTERS WANTED! ×

Replace i210 suggestions please !!!

Badams69

I purchased i210 with Z-Z65 shaft (stiff with low torque tip area - around 110g)

about 88 days ago just shy of PGA Superstore 90 day playability guarantee. 

Would like suggestion to run test next couple days from anyone who has played them or compared to other brands.

TM p790, Srixon, Wilson, other ping combo , something else?   (not a Titleist fan these days)

So far I do like these and could end up sticking with them, but feel something is missing when I want to propel the ball max distance (for instance hitting iron on a short par 4 into the fairway just can't drive it low like I would like to).

As if the club is a bit light or just launches a bit too high.  

Over 120g is something that only does me good when I am fully warmed up which is a rarity these days and 105g is just too light.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

FW: Adams XTD Speedline 3W

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams and Callaway  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

BALLS:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

I purchased i210 with Z-Z65 shaft (stiff with low torque tip area - around 110g)
about 88 days ago just shy of PGA Superstore 90 day playability guarantee. 
Would like suggestion to run test next couple days from anyone who has played them or compared to other brands.
TM p790, Srixon, Wilson, other ping combo , something else?   (not a Titleist fan these days)

So far I do like these and could end up sticking with them, but feel something is missing when I want to propel the ball max distance (for instance hitting iron on a short par 4 into the fairway just can't drive it low like I would like to).
As if the club is a bit light or just launches a bit too high.  
Over 120g is something that only does me good when I am fully warmed up which is a rarity these days and 105g is just too light.

Other shaft options like KBS Tour V110, or Dynamic Gold SL? Both are lower launch shafts... I would definitely try Srixon, and the Mizuno MP-18 SC are PHENOMENAL!!! I’m playing the i210 now, and had the SCs. SCs don’t launch as high, and the feel is incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

15 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Other shaft options like KBS Tour V110, or Dynamic Gold SL? Both are lower launch shafts... I would definitely try Srixon, and the Mizuno MP-18 SC are PHENOMENAL!!! I’m playing the i210 now, and had the SCs. SCs don’t launch as high, and the feel is incredible!

Very interesting suggestion - I would not have thought to try that model Mizuno but upon looking at them it sounds really in line with a club I would enjoy- THANKS!!!

WITB

IRONS: Callaway CF19 (4-P)   /   CF16 (4-AW)  /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)   /   Tommy Armour 845s (3-W)

WEDGES: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES  /   Cleveland CG14 50*, 56*    /  Smartsole  56*   /  RTX4 56*  /   NIKE VR 56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / couple of Odyssey No. 2's

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

I210s are designed by ping for accuracy and distance control not for pure distance.  As for “driving low” that’s more technique than club.  A lower launch shaft might help there but again it’s going to be execution.

If looking for something to flight down a p790 or something like that or even GI clubs like a z585 aren’t going to much better than the i210s in that area. If you are just looking for distance only then p790, g400, i500 or any GI will give you that.  Going to another players type club or blade isn’t going to give you distance 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Very interesting suggestion - I would not have thought to try that model Mizuno but upon looking at them it sounds really in line with a club I would enjoy- THANKS!!!

And they’re pretty darned forgiving for a “cavity back” blade (SC stands for split cavity).

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I210s are designed by ping for accuracy and distance control not for pure distance.  As for “driving low” that’s more technique than club.  A lower launch shaft might help there but again it’s going to be execution.

If looking for something to flight down a p790 or something like that or even GI clubs like a z585 aren’t going to much better than the i210s in that area. If you are just looking for distance only then p790, g400, i500 or any GI will give you that.  Going to another players type club or blade isn’t going to give you distance 

My mistake... I gather I mistated my issue. What I'm referring to is what I perceive as a missing thump that I've enjoyed in 5 iron and up in prior clubs. Not seeking distance as in more carry, but rather the ability to have a different effect from the carry (more of a driving shot). Thanks 

WITB

9 minutes ago, Badams69 said:

My mistake... I gather I mistated my issue. What I'm referring to is what I perceive as a missing thump that I've enjoyed in 5 iron and up in prior clubs. Not seeking distance as in more carry, but rather the ability to have a different effect from the carry (more of a driving shot). Thanks 

I currently have the I200's and I can hit a low driving shot quite easily. I think you should be able to hit a low driving shot with any players club and a decent fitting shaft. It becomes much harder with players distance clubs like the P790 though. They are designed to launch high and fly far.  

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I second trying the Mizuno MP18 SC. I had to hit high and low shots today and these clubs are just confidence inspiring, plus the ball sounds great off the face.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 hour ago, Badams69 said:

I was one of the testers of the i210s and being able to hit different shots was something I specifically tested with the set. I had no issues playing a lower shot and I’m a high ball hitter. Imo the ping “i” line isn’t going to give an explosive feeling but rather a nice crisp sound and feel.  They don’t have the feel of forged irons but imo play as good as sound/feel close which is a credit to ping.  

The design in many of today’s iron with lower spin and higher launch is going to make it a little harder to flight irons but it’s still possible with the right form 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thank you all for your input!

WITB

I'm currently gaming PING i200s (got them through the i200 test a while ago), and if I had to replace them with another set, it would probably be the Mizuno JPX919 Tour/Forged (take your pick both awesome irons) or the new Callaway Apex Pro. All 3 sets are forged rather than cast like the PINGs.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

Archived