Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

ALDILA TOUR BLUE

SF Oscar

Hey fellas,

I am looking for any experience or thoughts on this shaft. I have a PXG GEN II driver coming with this shaft. I have never tried it and am looking for any help you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff 

1 hour ago, SF Oscar said:

Hey fellas,

I am looking for any experience or thoughts on this shaft. I have a PXG GEN II driver coming with this shaft. I have never tried it and am looking for any help you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff 

Right up my alley! I upgraded my original reg-flex, stock shafts on both of my fairway woods late last year with these in stiff, and that shaft just woke both of them up. In fact I like that shaft so well, I got one for my driver just the other day, though I still haven't hit it yet-perhaps tomorrow.

You can find these on eBay occasionally for decent pricing, but wherever you do go get them, yeah, there a great shaft...at least for me. I have a fairly fast sing tempo and swing speed is right around 100-mph. Regular flex was just too whippy for me and I did a plie of on-line research that pointed these to me, but in stiff (see signature below). "Mid-launch and low-spin" was what I was after, and though I don't have any launch monitor data to back it up, these just delivered. Originally just did my 3w after the original shaft broke. It was so good, I immediately upgraded my 5w. Now the driver is in the queue, and I'm hoping to get similar results.

My vote: GO FOR IT! At least try one out. Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I've been using the Aldila tour Blue shaft since i as fitted for it 4+ years ago for a Cobra Fly Z+. When i was fitted for my current Cleveland Launcher Driver, i tried a HZRDUS yellow in the same profile (75X), but was just more consistent with the Tour Blue.  The HZRDUS Yellow 65X is awesome in my fairway though. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived