Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Scotty Cameron cracks me up

bens197

Just received an email that Scotty is releasing two additional putters to their Select line. First thing that jumps out is a flow neck on their squareback.

Of all the things Scotty fans have been and continue to plead for, a Futura 5W with a flow neck.

The Laguna and now the squareback. They know we want one, they can clearly mass produce them. When will we ever see one?

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/posts/scotty-cameron-introduces-new-select-fastback-2-and-squareback-1-5-putters?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cameron-select-extension-launch&utm_term=2019&utm_content=cta-btn

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

It does seem odd. Keeps the various custom houses in business, though, taking 5Ws and giving them the Justin Thomas treatment.

Maybe there's a meter in the Cameron shop, measuring demand. They just keep waiting for it to go high enough that they can charge $600 per for the flowneck 5W 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

It does seem odd. Keeps the various custom houses in business, though, taking 5Ws and giving them the Justin Thomas treatment.
Maybe there's a meter in the Cameron shop, measuring demand. They just keep waiting for it to go high enough that they can charge $600 per for the flowneck 5W

The custom shops are killing it and fair play to them. It’s definitely a niche item.

If they notice that the Sigma 2 Tyne 4 does well then maybe we’ll see one in the next product cycle.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

There may be one in the new line that just hit the Tour last week if those head shapes come to retail.  JT had the updated version in his bag last week in Hawaii and not sure if that will be his gamer moving forward.  It is also classic marketing to build up the hype until it is finally released, Apple excels at this.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

This kind of thing aggravates me with ALL the bigger producers. There is no good reason you shouldn’t be able to buy any head with any hosel you want.

Every putter head should be drilled/milled/cast to accept a standard modular hosel or double bend shaft. You pick the head, then choose what hosel you want or a double bend shaft, so you have a nice set of options for toe flow or face balanced, no offset, 1/2 shaft, or full shaft offset... It’s such a straight forward solution to a known problem. And modular solutions are the cheapest solutions, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

This kind of thing aggravates me with ALL the bigger producers. There is no good reason you shouldn’t be able to buy any head with any hosel you want.

Every putter head should be drilled/milled/cast to accept a standard modular hosel or double bend shaft. You pick the head, then choose what hosel you want or a double bend shaft, so you have a nice set of options for toe flow or face balanced, no offset, 1/2 shaft, or full shaft offset... It’s such a straight forward solution to a known problem. And modular solutions are the cheapest solutions, too.

Then they couldn’t say that it is all milled from a single piece of steel. The reality is most people will take a plumbers neck since that is what most players on TV use.

You are also starting to get into inventory/production questions. How much of each do you produce and how does the different weight hosels impact the setup and performance of the club.

You can do this with many if the boutique makers. Toulon Garage also provides this to some extent, but like you I would prefer more options to also include hosel placement.

Your other option is the happy putter line that offers the customization you want.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Then they couldn’t say that it is all milled from a single piece of steel. The reality is most people will take a plumbers neck since that is what most players on TV use.

You are also starting to get into inventory/production questions. How much of each do you produce and how does the different weight hosels impact the setup and performance of the club.

You can do this with many if the boutique makers. Toulon Garage also provides this to some extent, but like you I would prefer more options to also include hosel placement.

Your other option is the happy putter line that offers the customization you want.

You beat me to the inventory aspect of this.

Not sure the impact but I would imagine there could be some problems with proper balance points, toe hang, etc compared to how the head was designed to work and would take more time to produce final product which gets into cost.  I know for scotty even some of his high end customers who are big enough to get the true custom product aren’t able to just get anything they want 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

If it is modular then there is no inventory problem. Whatever surplus you have will eventually be used up.

Likewise the whole “the hosel affects the center of gravity” is malarkey. The effect of one hosel versus another is going to be minimal. And in fact when putters are tested for true cog by the science-golf-types they rarely line up with the sight lines on the putter, so they aren’t even really engineering the cog the way that they would have people think!

People play full shaft offset plumbers hosel or full shaft offset face balanced putters because that is largely all that is available!

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Lots of good points.

I’ll digress and just say that Scotty could release this head tomorrow and I’d be ok with that.

IMG_2534.JPG

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

If it is modular then there is no inventory problem. Whatever surplus you have will eventually be used up.

Likewise the whole “the hosel affects the center of gravity” is malarkey. The effect of one hosel versus another is going to be minimal. And in fact when putters are tested for true cog by the science-golf-types they rarely line up with the sight lines on the putter, so they aren’t even really engineering the cog the way that they would have people think!

You modular approach is fine, but who assembles and what mechanism? Glue? Screw-in the hosel. Screw in hosels were done by machine putters. Also, there has to be an inventory mechanism. Who is responsible for keeping the hosels and shafts in inventory?

The varying weight of the hosel designs will change the playing characteristics of the putter. Study putters long enough you know that manufacturers draw the lines in the center if the head because people would question the quality of it wasn’t in the center.

I am not against the idea, it would be something I would like to see since I can’t get a putter setup the way I want unless I go custom.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

People play full shaft offset plumbers hosel or full shaft offset face balanced putters because that is largely all that is available!

You must be a student of Ken Flanigan’s recent research :)

To say universally that its malarkey is painting with a broad brush. A flow neck and a center shaft are going to work far differently based on their geometry. The true CG certainly could be off but the actual physics of the putter is dependent upon the hosel type.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Archived