Sign in to follow this  
jlukes

2019 Srixon Z-Star & Z-Star XV Golf Balls

ZStar will be 90 (up from 88) compression while the ZStar XV will be 102 compression (down from 105)

Comparing it to other balls:

TP5  85, TP5x 97 

ProV1 90, ProV1x 100 (2017 model)

Just pre-ordered 4dz Tour Yellow XVs with the buy 3 get 1 free (personalized) offer!  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Just pre-ordered 4dz Tour Yellow XVs with the buy 3 get 1 free (personalized) offer!  

I'm waiting to see if they bust out more of those six ball trial packs for $10 again JLukes, but will be interested on your thoughts. Srixon has been a favorite of mine dating back to Z-URC when I was in high school, can't wait to see what this new version of the ball brings.

• Like 3

This is actually perfect because I always felt they made the ZStar too soft and the XV too hard in recent years.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

This is actually perfect because I always felt they made the ZStar too soft and the XV too hard in recent years.  

Agreed. 

24 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Agreed. 

JLukes, did you use srixon Z XV the 2015 version? (white diagonal across left third of box) or just the more recent 2017 release? Wondering if you had thoughts on how they compared up, because I loved the 2015, found the 17 lacking a bit.

22 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Agree with this.  I've played the XV the last year or so and I've really liked it.  But it is a hard ball that takes a lot to compress it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

JLukes, did you use srixon Z XV the 2015 version? (white diagonal across left third of box) or just the more recent 2017 release? Wondering if you had thoughts on how they compared up, because I loved the 2015, found the 17 lacking a bit.

I've been playing the ZStar XV since the TaylorMade LDP Red went away!  I agree that the 2017 was not my favorite ball - I actually switched to the TaylorMade TP5x for a good 18 months just based on the feel.  I have been gaming the 2017 XV for about 5 months now and I don't mind how firm it is as much as I did when it first launched.  That being said, the 2017 was more firmer than I would have liked and I am excited to see that the '19 XV is a little softer.  

• Like 1

I have been a big fan of the Z-Star XV... I have my fingers crossed they do the $10 6 ball tester packs again.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:21 AM, jlukes said:

I never asked -- why'd you switch from the TP5x? Price point?

I never asked -- why'd you switch from the TP5x? Price point?
Price for near identical performance. So much easier to find on sale too.
  • Like 1

New TP5X and new XV, and add in the ERC that will be similar to the AVX I’ve been playing. It’s going to be interesting to see which one wins out. Although, TP5X is much cheaper than the others, so it’s going to take a lot for me to pay more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Putted around with the 2017 xv and 2019 for a bit today and the newer version has a deeper/softer sound for sure. Not by much, but definitely a better feel! 

• Like 3

Best ball ever!
They are indeed hard to find on sale, that's why I switched to the TP models...

Still have to play thru the 6 packs I bought last year for $10.......excited for Srixon. Let’s see how well it does on tour.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I think I'm just going to dive in with both feet when the season gets closer and nab me some XV's. Saving cash for a trip and other things, but when I need balls, that's the play.

• Like 1

Putted around with the 2017 xv and 2019 for a bit yesterday and the newer version has a deeper/softer sound for sure. Not by much, but definitely a better feel! 

I then got in my first 18 of the year and decided to put the new Zstar XV in play and it really impressed. Great off the driver, great off the irons and absolutely fantastic on the greens. Played 18 with the same ball the entire time and it was held up well. Only some cosmetic damage, no scuffs or nicks that I can feel. 

I was so impressed with the new XV I ordered another 4 dozen! 

IMG_20190205_192301.jpg

IMG_20190205_192239.jpg

IMG_20190205_192318.jpg

• Like 1