Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jlukes

2019 Srixon Z-Star & Z-Star XV Golf Balls

I played a '17 non-xv last week and while I like it, it just feels like it spins up too much and if there's any head wind, I'm toast. I found a sleeve of '17 xv's in my drawer so I'm going to try it out today, but from what I remember, they were like rocks last time. Even wedges from like 80y out just feel super... clicky? Not really sure how to describe it. Feel any noticeable difference from the '17 to '19 in terms of softness? I know it's subjective but maybe compared to your old TP5x?

22 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I played a '17 non-xv last week and while I like it, it just feels like it spins up too much and if there's any head wind, I'm toast. I found a sleeve of '17 xv's in my drawer so I'm going to try it out today, but from what I remember, they were like rocks last time. Even wedges from like 80y out just feel super... clicky? Not really sure how to describe it. Feel any noticeable difference from the '17 to '19 in terms of softness? I know it's subjective but maybe compared to your old TP5x?

Definitely less clicky than the 17s.  100% noticeable for me off of every club.  It's probably a combination of the softer compression and the SERM stuff.

I've always thought the Srixons where an all around solid ball.  I preferred the older Taylormade balls, but once I stopped being able to find those, I bought a dozen here or there of different balls.  

The pro is that I could always find them on sale for the most part and the ball performed well in wind and spun enough.  As others have said I agree that the 2015 version was softer and felt a bit better overall.  I may have to pick up a sleeve or two to see how they perform.

2 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I've always thought the Srixons where an all around solid ball.  I preferred the older Taylormade balls, but once I stopped being able to find those, I bought a dozen here or there of different balls.  

The pro is that I could always find them on sale for the most part and the ball performed well in wind and spun enough.  As others have said I agree that the 2015 version was softer and felt a bit better overall.  I may have to pick up a sleeve or two to see how they perform.

It seems like they went to the 2015 feel but tried to retain the 2017 performance. I've always liked Srixon balls, especially since they perform as well as anything out there, but come through on the price. 

2 hours ago, GB13 said:

It seems like they went to the 2015 feel but tried to retain the 2017 performance. I've always liked Srixon balls, especially since they perform as well as anything out there, but come through on the price. 

Definitely feel closer to the 2015's but even just after one round I am confident in saying they are better than the 2017s, especially around the greens.

• Like 1