TESTERS WANTED! ×

MPR: The Single Digit Project

10 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

What has that been like?  Send a video and get a video back? Anything live? Very curious?

Good question.

So, there are always caveats: I'm sure different guys do things differently, etc. For me, I paid for a single lesson in which I set a DTL and FO video of my putting, and from that, Chase Davis (a putting coach from the UK) recommended a series of changes to my setup and stroke.

Please take the next part in the best way: I don't pursue coaching, for the most part, to learn something about the golf swing (or the putting stroke) that I didn't know. I could have told you, before my lesson, that my putting stroke was objectively Zalatoris-levels of ugliness. What Chase told me to do with my putting is pretty obvious, standard orthodoxy for traditional putting.

But I have found that having a coach gives me specific direction and accountability. Because I've paid for a lesson, I have more of a commitment to do this one thing, rather than toy around with multiple possible ideas.

For me, that's the biggest difference between hunting and gathering on YouTube vs having a coach. I think I can say with reasonable confidence that I'm not a guy who just tries everything. I have a reasonable understanding of my swing (and stroke), and therefore what kinds of fixes should and should not be relevant to me. But having a coach who I have to whom I've sent video makes me commit more to a specific path.

With putting, for instance, I know that my new stroke is objectively better. That said, it didn't immediately produce better results. I've been using my cutty stroke for years now. I generally have a pretty good idea of how it is going to work (recent putting woes aside). The arcing stroke, by contrast, feels totally unpredictable to me. Because the toe is opening and closing, my immediate sensation was that I had absolutely zero idea which way the ball was going to come off the face.

But I'm sticking with it. And I'm figuring it out, getting more and more comfortable with the stroke, more confident that it can start the ball on my intended line, and (ultimately) more able to do this stroke without spending so much mental focus on the stroke itself.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

So, there are always caveats: I'm sure different guys do things differently, etc. For me, I paid for a single lesson in which I set a DTL and FO video of my putting, and from that, Chase Davis (a putting coach from the UK) recommended a series of changes to my setup and stroke.

I get the notion of putting some money behind it makes you commit.  One of the things my skillest coach told me is the same thing my club pro told me five years go and just hadn't committed to - committed now and surprise surprise its making a difference.  

So - just to talk about "on-line coaching" - will you send a follow up video to ask "am I doing this like you told me to"  skill check? Or do you have confidence in that?  I signed up for a monthly package specifically so I could ask "am i doing this drill the right way?" - sometimes I have, sometimes I haven't so its been worth it.  Particularly in working on my posture and set up - which is the first thing we've worked on. 

For your DTL video - for full swing they always say have the camera hand high and focused on where your hands are, and not behind the ball.  For putting? On the floor?  Facing you or from behind?  I just wonder what they can really see from ten feet behind...

Last question - polar bear or shark?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

19 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

For your DTL video - for full swing they always say have the camera hand high and focused on where your hands are, and not behind the ball.  For putting? On the floor?  Facing you or from behind?  I just wonder what they can really see from ten feet behind...

It will depend on the instructor and what they are looking for.   Generally it is the same as basic full swing…DTL and Face on .   I’ve also seen instructors do behind and above your head from behind.   They are looking for mismatch’s like open stance and an inside out path, how you balance through the stroke, and what parts of your body move and what parts remain stationary.   The stroke is really a byproduct of your setup so they want to see your entire body.   I did online putting instruction for a period of time and it was exceptional instruction and very productive.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, WaffleHouseTour said:

So - just to talk about "on-line coaching" - will you send a follow up video to ask "am I doing this like you told me to"  skill check? Or do you have confidence in that?  I signed up for a monthly package specifically so I could ask "am i doing this drill the right way?" - sometimes I have, sometimes I haven't so its been worth it.  Particularly in working on my posture and set up - which is the first thing we've worked on. 

Last question - polar bear or shark?

Chase Davis (the putting coach I'm working with) recommended a camera at 40" off the ground, down the line. Different coaches seem to ask for different things; when I'm doing full swing work with Jayson Nickol, he likes the camera essentially at hand height down the hand line. So year, giving each coach the video he's looking for it important.

I did send a "is this what you're looking for" video to Chase, and he made one requested tweak on my eyeline. I only paid for the initial lesson, so I'm going to work on what I know I need to for a while now. There's a decent chance that I go back to get his eyes on my stroke again over the off-season.

On polar bear vs. shark: unless you have a referee somehow breaking up the fight, I think you end up with a gruesome tank with two carcasses.

Full WITB with pictures

Online Coaching has really been a massive addition to the way I coach and players love the regular check ins to see they’re on track with their stroke. Skillest allows me to connect with players all over the world

Michael reached out for some advice and has really been open minded with the changes I’ve suggested. Often players concepts can guide them down a particular path

If you have any questions surrounding online coaching feel free to email at chase@chasedavisgolf.com

or in addition follow my Skillest profile at 

https://skillest.com/app/profile/chase-davis-1

Looking forward to continuing our progress Michael 

Played a quick nine with my boys this morning. Here were the putting numbers by hole:

image.png

Couple of things that stand out:

• Only 13 putts, which is nice, but with one chip in.
  • The three putt on hole 1: left my first putt quite short; the second, I think, might have been kept out by the stick. But it's my choice to play with the stick in, so them's the breaks.
  • Two misses from 5': one of these was a lip out.
  • Absolute beauty of a two-putt from 62'.

My takeaways:

• Right now, I'm feeling very confident about starting my ball on the line I want.
  • I'm learning, using a line on the ball, that I tend to overread break on short putts. Need to have more of them aimed inside the hole.
  • On "short" putts (say, five feet or less): I need to transfer the same confidence I have in putting practice to the green. On the course, I tend to get timid, defensive, and nervy with these.

Full WITB with pictures

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

• I tend to overread break on short putts. Need to have more of them aimed inside the hole.
  • On "short" putts (say, five feet or less): I need to transfer the same confidence I have in putting practice to the green. On the course, I tend to get timid, defensive, and nervy with these.

Sounds like my lesson from two days ago.  He wanted to look at my putting so he could have a complete game assessment.   I was telling him I over-read shot putts and get defensive and try not to blow the ball past the hole.  I do okay in practice but not during a round.   Was told play less  break and hit it harder and just don’t worry about going past the hole because it should be in very makable range.  Definitely a mind adjustment.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Sounds like my lesson from two days ago.  He wanted to look at my putting so he could have a complete game assessment.   I was telling him I over-read shot putts and get defensive and try not to blow the ball past the hole.  I do okay in practice but not during a round.   Was told play less  break and hit it harder and just don’t worry about going past the hole because it should be in very makable range.  Definitely a mind adjustment.

Short version: we should both putt more with Kirke's mindset.

Full WITB with pictures

• 5 months later...

Whoa. Been a while.

So here's my end-of-season summary from last year: I treaded water. Looking back through this thread, it looks like I started last season with an Arccos handicap of 12ish; as of right now, that number is 11.5

Last year, according to Arccos, I was slightly better than a scratch golfer in short game play, and much, more worse at everything else:

image.png

So what is my plan this year to shave off some strokes and finally get to single figures?

• I gotta make more putts inside 9'. Arccos now gives much more fine-grained information about SG putting at various distances. I'm fine inside 2'. From 3-5', I lose 1.7 strokes per round to a scratch player, and another 1.1 strokes per round from 6-9'. From all other distances, I'm losing less than half a stroke.
    • How I'm going to improve: starting at the end of last fall, I took my first online putting lesson. For years, I've played with a horrendous-looking cut putter stroke, bringing the putter way outside the line on the backstroke and hitting across the ball. I've worked hard this winter to groove a much more traditional stroke.
    • I've been doing a bunch of putting with a variety of gadgets, chiefly Blast, HackMotion, and FocusBand.
      • With Blast, I've made strides on consistency of tempo and face control, toning down my pull tendency and keeping the putter more level through impact.
      • With HackMotion, I continue to monitor wrist motion, aiming to keep my wrists quiet through my stroke.
      • The biggest contribution, though, might be the FocusBand. It's a device that is worn on the head to measure brainwave frequency. In summary, you're trying to quiet the mind of conscious, analytical thought and turn instead to pictures, particularly of the target. It has been incredibly eye-opening for me, as one who is massively over-analytical. I've gotten some pointers on Twitter from PGA Tour player Greg Chalmers on how it is to be used, and when (according to the device) I'm deep in the "green" brain activity (the good, right-brained side), I'm experiencing something I never do: putting without swing thoughts. It's to the degree that, when I miss while doing this kind of mental practice, I have a difficult time diagnosing what might have gone wrong, because I literally have no memory of the stroke itself. I'm working with it now to be quicker getting into the mental "zone" so that I can reach this brain state on the course.
  • For full swing stuff (off the tee and approach):
    • I'm Stacking, and making huge gains.
    • I'm continuing lessons with Jayson Nickol on Skillest. This is the part of the year in which I'm working on incorporating big movement adjustments; over the next two months, I'll be gradually adding more and more strike- and result-based practice.

Full WITB with pictures

• 4 weeks later...

If you're following this thread and haven't already, jump over to a new thread I started on the FocusBand. As you might deduce from 25+ pages of this thread: I have a hard time turning off the analytical side of my mind on the course, even (especially?) when I'm swinging. The FocusBand is helping teach me how to do that, and I'm finding it very interesting.

For me, it's not so much a balance that I'm after, as much as a "each thing in its place." We're still (at least) two months from opening day here. So I continue to work on technical swing stuff, continuing to try to change my swing feels:

But my intent when I'm on the course (and even a lot when I'm in the garage on the Mevo+, doing results-based stuff like playing courses or trying to get new high scores in practice games) is to turn off the swing thoughts and simply focus on target.

Full WITB with pictures

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the Mevo+ Pro Package. My golf nerdy heart fluttered a bit.

For those who are unfamiliar with the Mevo+ and its Pro Package, here's the short summary: the Mevo+ is a radar-based LM that measures a host of data points. The Pro Package does not make the Mevo+ "see" anything new or give more accurate data: instead, on the user end, it allows the user to see a bunch more data points that the Mevo+ is capable of tracking.

The big additions are 1) club path, 2) face angle (relative to target and relative to path), and 3) low point.

These are all swing-centric data points: that is to say, they are not data about the ball and its flight but about the club and its movement. Depending on what you're trying to accomplish in your practice (and how well you can interpret numbers) then, that can be incredibly helpful information (or info you don't need).

For me, I love to have the numbers. I love objective feedback. And I love learning.

OK, on to specifics. It's been really cold here, so since getting the Pro Package, I've had little opportunity to test in our garage. But yesterday, I did a brief assessment in the FlightScope Skills app. The setup:

• 10 targets, from 100-190 yards in 10 yard increments
  • Carry distance
  • Randomized

What I wanted to see is, even with randomizing shots, if certain patterns emerge in the data.

SPOILER: THERE WERE PATTERNS. VERY DEFINITE PATTERNS.

This was absolutely fascinating to me. I would certainly expect that, if I just hit a dozen 9-irons in a row, I'd find a "groove" and the data might start looking predictable. But having to switch clubs before (almost) every shot, I thought there'd be a lot more noise in the data.

If you want to look at the full data, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VaBga27n4vP3l9D9RhkzbKEO4kISUgimYa_U6PenQBg/edit#gid=1183855278

Otherwise, here's the summary.

PATH

image.png

This, to me, is wild. With every wedge, my path is in-to-out. From 9 iron and up, it's out-to-in. To be sure, with the 9 and 8 irons there were shots that were hardly left, but there's a clear pattern of my path switching directions at that point in my bag.

FACE TO PATH

image.png

Once again, the cleanness of the data was frightening. My face is closed to my path. With the shorter clubs especially, it is closed way too much. But that tapers off, and when I get to my "5 iron" (it's actually a second, stronger-lofted 6), the face starts staying open to the path.

LOW POINT

image.png

The data here isn't as pristine as the previous examples, but the pattern is still pretty obvious: as the club gets longer, I increasingly hit it fat. (Positive numbers here mean the low point of the swing is in front of the ball; negative numbers means my low point is behind the ball). One thing I'm going to look at here: I may experiment with not moving my mid-iron ball position as far forward as I know I tend to do.

Full WITB with pictures

Very good analysis. It seems like the Mevo + is a great tool. I am wondering if it’s worth waiting for the 2023 Mevo + or get the earlier version at lower cost. Any thoughts?

TaylorMade Stealth woods and CALLAWAY Roque X irons. Ping Sigma 2 Fetch (face-balanced) putter. 

Just now, Snuffy said:

Very good analysis. It seems like the Mevo + is a great tool. I am wondering if it’s worth waiting for the 2023 Mevo + or get the earlier version at lower cost. Any thoughts?

As best I understand: there are no accuracy/performance differences between the devices. The 2023 version has a better battery and kickstand, and includes a couple of software upgrades (the PC version of the FS software) that the users of the older edition have to pay for.

Full WITB with pictures

Thanks, I don’t have an updated PC so I don’t think battery life and a better stand is worth it. Do you know why the P.C. version of the software adds value? Would it be for those who don’t have IOS?

TaylorMade Stealth woods and CALLAWAY Roque X irons. Ping Sigma 2 Fetch (face-balanced) putter. 

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

The big additions are 1) club path, 2) face angle (relative to target and relative to path), and 3) low point.

Looks like the package provides some great data.  Looking at yours even though you switch to a little out-to-in on longer clubs you are still pretty neutral.  My only other comment is that you need to be careful with this and not chase number.  Definitely hard to do and I say that from personal experience.  I see these numbers on the GCQuad and I tend to be overly in to out and I start trying to make adjustment and ultimately it messes my swing up.   Probably great information to share with an instructor to keep you focused on what to look for or to try and achieve.   

4 minutes ago, Snuffy said:

Thanks, I don’t have an updated PC so I don’t think battery life and a better stand is worth it. Do you know why the P.C. version of the software adds value? Would it be for those who don’t have IOS?

Most dedicated sim setups run on a PC; you really need to be to use the best sim software (TGC/E6/GSPro). So being able to run FS on the same system is a plus. In addition, the PC version (I believe) lets you have more info on the screen at once and better incorporates multiple fixed cameras. Again, all in all, probably a better setup if you are a teacher with a permanent studio; for me, I'm not planning to purchase the PC edition software.

Full WITB with pictures

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Looks like the package provides some great data.  Looking at yours even though you switch to a little out-to-in on longer clubs you are still pretty neutral.  My only other comment is that you need to be careful with this and not chase number.  Definitely hard to do and I say that from personal experience.  I see these numbers on the GCQuad and I tend to be overly in to out and I start trying to make adjustment and ultimately it messes my swing up.   Probably great information to share with an instructor to keep you focused on what to look for or to try and achieve.   

Yeah, I'm definitely fine with having crossover points in my bag, where I go draw/neutral at the bottom of my bag and move to a fade at the top. So I don't think I'm going to be chasing "sameness" with every club.

I'm still working with Jayson Nickol on Skillest, so I have him for direction on this.

I can say, without fear that Jayson would push back: I need to tone down the closed face with the wedges and short irons, getting more neutral or even slightly open to path.

Full WITB with pictures

• 1 month later...

I don't have a ProSendr, and I haven't (yet) attempted my DIY version. But I can imagine how it should work. And I kinda like the result:

Full WITB with pictures

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I don't have a ProSendr, and I haven't (yet) attempted my DIY version. But I can imagine how it should work. And I kinda like the result:

There is something very cathartic about watching this video repeat over and over... In fact, I think I'm going to put the sound into my looper and make a song out of it.  haha.  BTW MPR, I completely ENVY your move from the top... I know I'm not supposed to envy... but I do. 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

There is something very cathartic about watching this video repeat over and over... In fact, I think I'm going to put the sound into my looper and make a song out of it.  haha.  BTW MPR, I completely ENVY your move from the top... I know I'm not supposed to envy... but I do. 

I'll trade you the look of my swing for your handicap... 🙂

Full WITB with pictures

• 2 months later...

Adding to my arsenal...

So for the past couple of years, I've been getting more direct guidance at golf through online instruction. Chiefly, I've worked with Jayson Nickol on my swing and have taken a lesson on putting from Chase Davis, both through Skillest.

Through Twitter, I've also developed some pretty good (albeit mostly virtual) relationships with other instructors that I hold in high regard. One of those is Adam Young, probably best known for his book The Practice Manual. Although we've still not met in person, Adam and I have had a number of interesting conversations (about golf, philosophy, theology, etc); he's also been really helpful keeping an eye on Kirke's swing over the years, since we don't have local coaching.

I've recently decided to dive in and register for Adam's 8-week online program. The first session was yesterday, as Adam introduces a lot of his golf philosophy and what we'll be doing over the next 8 weeks. If you've followed his work at all, you know that Adam focuses mostly on impact and strike, rather than swing aesthetics. And he puts a great deal of emphasis on data: knowing exactly what you're doing (both on the range and on the course), so that you really know what you have to work on to get better.

So I watched the first session yesterday, and went out this morning to play a quick nine with Kirke. Shot my best 9-hole score in a long time (and I think my best ever on our front nine, which is much trickier [at least for me] than the back).

image.png

Obviously, this means that this program is the turning point in my golf life 🙂

In all seriousness: I think the big parts of my swing movement are, more or less, sound. My short game and putting are not perfect, but they're good enough to reach my golf goal of reaching a stable single-figure handicap. I do believe that concentrated work on strike, with structure and intent, will help me get the rest of the way to my goal.

Full WITB with pictures

• 9 months later...

Um, I did it. Ish.

image.png

This was my Arccos handicap at the end of last year. I've posed this before as a Twitter poll: there are disagreements as to how high your handicap can be to count as single figure. Some allow 9.9, others insist 9.4, and still others nothing higher than 9.

So I'm at least lurking. There is a small asterisk: the Michigan State Police Chaplains held our conference last fall at TreeTops resort in Gaylord, MI. I took the opportunity to play the well-regarded ThreeTops par 3 course and played it very well (by my standards):

image.png

Where do we stand right now? First, I'm cautiously optimistic that we're going to have a long golf season up here. For reference: last winter, we had well over 250 inches of snow. This winter: so far, not even 40. That is a shockingly scant amount of snow for our area. It should mean that our course opens as early as it has since I've lived here (now 12 years).

The other big news: this past winter, my dad came over and altered a single truss of my garage. Why does this matter? I can swing a driver. Anyone following this thread has seen that one of the things I've struggled with most is driver, and the chief reason is that I (almost literally) never, ever practice it. We have no range within an hour, and my garage ceilings were always too low to swing driver.

So on that front, I'm making progress. The big work right now is turning my physical speed into practical driver speed. On Stack, I can swing the 195g still upwards of 110mph, which would translate to a 120mph, Tour-speed driver swing. Put a ball on a tee, and my swing can easily drop south of 100mph.

Now that I can swing driver, when I do Stack sessions, I'll then do swings on my Mevo+ with my own driver and no ball. So far, I've seen those getting up into the upper 110s. Then I'll put a ball down and work on swing speed and ball speed. I'm not up comfortably over 105mph swing speed with ball. My goal for this year: 110 swing speed with ball, and 160+ ball speed. Overall, one of my goals for the year is to get my ball speed to be a higher number than my weight.

Full WITB with pictures

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Um, I did it. Ish.

image.png

This was my Arccos handicap at the end of last year. I've posed this before as a Twitter poll: there are disagreements as to how high your handicap can be to count as single figure. Some allow 9.9, others insist 9.4, and still others nothing higher than 9.

So I'm at least lurking. There is a small asterisk: the Michigan State Police Chaplains held our conference last fall at TreeTops resort in Gaylord, MI. I took the opportunity to play the well-regarded ThreeTops par 3 course and played it very well (by my standards):

image.png

Where do we stand right now? First, I'm cautiously optimistic that we're going to have a long golf season up here. For reference: last winter, we had well over 250 inches of snow. This winter: so far, not even 40. That is a shockingly scant amount of snow for our area. It should mean that our course opens as early as it has since I've lived here (now 12 years).

The other big news: this past winter, my dad came over and altered a single truss of my garage. Why does this matter? I can swing a driver. Anyone following this thread has seen that one of the things I've struggled with most is driver, and the chief reason is that I (almost literally) never, ever practice it. We have no range within an hour, and my garage ceilings were always too low to swing driver.

So on that front, I'm making progress. The big work right now is turning my physical speed into practical driver speed. On Stack, I can swing the 195g still upwards of 110mph, which would translate to a 120mph, Tour-speed driver swing. Put a ball on a tee, and my swing can easily drop south of 100mph.

Now that I can swing driver, when I do Stack sessions, I'll then do swings on my Mevo+ with my own driver and no ball. So far, I've seen those getting up into the upper 110s. Then I'll put a ball down and work on swing speed and ball speed. I'm not up comfortably over 105mph swing speed with ball. My goal for this year: 110 swing speed with ball, and 160+ ball speed. Overall, one of my goals for the year is to get my ball speed to be a higher number than my weight.

Awesome news!  Congrats on breaking into the single digits---with any good thing keep up the grind!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

56 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Um, I did it. Ish.

image.png

image.png

Congrats on the great progress. I know you have been working hard on this, and being able to practice driver all year sounds like a massive upgrade. Also on how to count it front anything that starts with a 9 is single digit handicap. The game is hard enough no need to make this too complicated.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Congratulations on this, this is a similar goal that I have for this year.  Currently at 11.2, but struggled with my swing and putting last year, so hoping this year I am able to get it down into the single digits.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Awesome thread, Michael. I am just under a 15 now and have issues with my approach ball striking. My goal for this year is to improve that and, hopefully like you, crack the single digits. Even if I don't get to a single digit, my hope is to improve the strokes lost on approach play.

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to reading about your continued efforts (and success!).

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet