Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
PING Apologist #9

Dinner with Tiger or Phil? Who would you choose?

Dinner with Tiger or Phil?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to have a dinner with and why?

• Tiger Woods
    • Phil Mickelson
    • Other (why)

Read this article a little bit ago and thought it interesting enough to share here...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/tiger-vs-phil-when-it-comes-to-dinner-woods-wins-going-away/ar-BBShpfw?li=BBnba9I

Nearly 80% of those asked (and apparently is was asked of European Tour players) would enjoy a meal with Tiger while only 9% would do so with Phil which was beat out by 12% saying "neither"

So for those in this community, who would be your choice? Mine? Phillip purely on his personality alone. Though Tiger seems to have made some strides to be more open and less of a social introvert, I think I'd like Mickelson's company better.

EDIT: Now which pro player would I really like to have dinner with? Surprisingly, not one on the PING staff if you believe that...😉. No, my real choice would be none other than Steve Elkington. His interviews on the Jim Rome show are legendary and I'd be assured of an epic experience with one of the most fun personalities I've ever seen in golf.

• Like 3

I would rather play a round with (I am a big Fanboy as they say) but if it was for anything social it would have to be Phil. Phil seems like a guy that likes to have a good time and joke around. Tiger on the other hand always seems like he has to be serious. Although you are correct@PING Apologist #9, he does seem to be getting better.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I picked other above, because frankly, if I had dinner with Tiger he'd probably expect me to pick up the check.  Phil on the other hand would probably pay for everything and leave an enormous tip.  But I've seen his Feherty interviews and honestly, he bores me to tears.  Way to hyper analytical for light dinner conversation.

If I had to pick one pro golfer to sit down and have dinner with it would probably be Kevin Kisner.  If he's half as fun as what he's allowed to be shown online, it would be one helluva dinner.

• Like 2

Add me to the neither crew. Phil has that phony aura like Kuchar and Bubba that makes me nauseous. Tiger has shown nearly zero affect over twenty years; I can’t imagine having anything remotely close to a decent conversation with him.

That leaves me with an easy pick.

John Daly.

It’s impossible to not have an enjoyable time with big John.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Neither. I think a dinner with Bones would be very informative.

I'll bet! In the meantime I'm enjoying his work as an on course commentator.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

I'll bet! In the meantime I'm enjoying his work as an on course commentator.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Agreed. I think he offers more knowledge to what their facing on the course.

• Like 1

Neither. I’m just not big on “celebrity”, so I’d rather a dinner with my kids. I don’t really care to listen to someone tell me how great they are. Egos are just too big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jlukes said:

Tiger.

Phil probably wouldn't even eat being that he is already so full of himself

My thought exactly.

He just seems like such a tryhard.

I think I would go for Rickie.

• Like 2

I'm going to choose Tiger. I think he'd be more interesting to talk to. I think Phil would provide plenty of laughs and a few party tricks, but think Tiger has a little more substance quite frankly. I really like Phil and don't intend that as a dis, but here's how I picture a conversation going with him. Played any good money games lately? Huh, yeah I can't relate with that. I don't even have $5 cash on me. Hobbies? Oh, you like the stock market and high-stakes gambling. That's cool. Yeah, I'm not currently in a position to do a lot of financial investment and the other just seems contradictory. Well.... Can you show me some of your dance moves?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, GSwag said:

I picked other above, because frankly, if I had dinner with Tiger he'd probably expect me to pick up the check.  Phil on the other hand would probably pay for everything and leave an enormous tip.  But I've seen his Feherty interviews and honestly, he bores me to tears.  Way to hyper analytical for light dinner conversation.

If I had to pick one pro golfer to sit down and have dinner with it would probably be Kevin Kisner.  If he's half as fun as what he's allowed to be shown online, it would be one helluva dinner.

Kevin Kisner is a good pick. After watching the segment he did with Vice Sports, he just reminds me of half the guys I already hang out with. We'd get along just fine.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 5:30 PM, GSwag said:

I agree KK would be an excellent dinner companion.  If you haven't seen the video that got him suspended from his OWN club here in South Carolina, look it up.  #Priceless!

• Like 2

Definitely Phil.  You wouldn't have to talk much, just listen; that's probably agreed.  That said, I think he'd be a great dinner companion.  I've been a big fan for years, and have seen Phil interact with my own son.  I think he's a great guy and very good for golf.

• Like 1

Probably Tiger I guess. I like Phil and all that but he always seems to act like he knows everyone is hanging on his word. I have a feeling in private Tiger might actually be a little more human. I think Phil would spend the entire evening trying to impress me somehow. I'm not an easy one be impressed. Certainly not by celebs. 

• Like 3