Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy MPR

POLL: Mobile access to the forum

Mobile Access  

33 members have voted

1. 1. When using the MGS forum on your phone, do you

• Exclusively use the app?
    • Mostly use the app?
    • Mostly use the mobile browser version?
    • Exclusively use the mobile browser version?

I use the app especially in the evening - the conversations here are much better than anything on tv.

However, the app is glitchy as exhibited this evening when I tried to create a post on Ping's new adjustable length putter. FYI I was logged in.

IMG_0353.thumb.PNG.53f7085764ebb0eaf94cab154a2a21b5.PNG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I was exclusively app until the other discussions a few weeks ago, now exclusively browser. It is so much improved over what it was.

• Like 2

I’ve always used Tapatalk. I didn’t care much for the app when I first used it long ago. Currently downloading it again to try it out. I like the way the mobile browser looks and works, but I prefer apps over browser.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

At home I use the full browser on an iPad most of the time, only use the app for uploading photos as its easier.   I always use the app on my phone as its easier, despite the thread titles not updating (for review and application threads) 

On a mobile device, it's 100% mobile site, 100% of the time.  But... I never get close to my monthly data allowance, so I'm constantly carrying over data.  And it's all covered by work, so I don't worry about data usage.

Just out of curiosity, what was the final numbers on the poll, and what is the information going to used for? Maybe an upgraded app?

Just out of curiosity, what was the final numbers on the poll, and what is the information going to used for? Maybe an upgraded app?

The numbers indicate an almost 50/50 split. We're looking at options with the app; trying to find an app that plays well with the new features on the forum.
  • Like 1