Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Piretti Putter feel

ballplayer002003

Hey gang,

I am currently in the market to revamp my putter.  I have always used a Scotty Cameron but I came across Piretti putters recently.  I have never swung one so I don't know how they feel, although I love the look of them.  I like my putter to feel mid-soft, however most Odyssey putters are too soft for me, I like a bit of feedback.  Does anyone out there use a Piretti?  If so, what are your opinions about them?  I am looking for a slight toe hang putter if you have any recommendations.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

My buddy has one and I've rolled it a few times.  Feels just as good as any "premium" one piece milled putter out there.  Really nice quality.

Feel all depends on the face milling.  If the milling is deeper, it will feel softer - but that goes for any putter brand.  

You won't get any performance gains moving from SC to Piretti, but that goes for any putter brand with just face milling done for the sake of changing feel

Hey gang,
I am currently in the market to revamp my putter.  I have always used a Scotty Cameron but I came across Piretti putters recently.  I have never swung one so I don't know how they feel, although I love the look of them.  I like my putter to feel mid-soft, however most Odyssey putters are too soft for me, I like a bit of feedback.  Does anyone out there use a Piretti?  If so, what are your opinions about them?  I am looking for a slight toe hang putter if you have any recommendations.

I used one last week. My friend and I switched up for the day. He rolled my EVNROLL while I rolled the Piretti. I gladly returned it to him after the round. He then subsequently returned it to the PGA superstore in exchange for an EVNROLL. It wasn’t bad and for the most part felt just like my Cleveland Huntington (which I like for $99) but for me the EVNROLL works much better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

11 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

I used one last week. My friend and I switched up for the day. He rolled my EVNROLL while I rolled the Piretti. I gladly returned it to him after the round. He then subsequently returned it to the PGA superstore in exchange for an EVNROLL. It wasn’t bad and for the most part felt just like my Cleveland Huntington (which I like for $99) but for me the EVNROLL works much better.

I have heard really good things about the Evnroll putters, tell me more...how do they feel?

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

I have heard really good things about the Evnroll putters, tell me more...how do they feel?

I went from a Scotty to an EVNROLL. It took me a few rounds to adjust to the increased weight, larger grip and increased speed off the face. Once I zero’d everything in it really started to work for me. It swings very easy and balanced. The speed remains consistent across the entire club face and the ball begins rolling immediately after contact.

I think in addition to strong fundamentals putting is equally reliant on trust and confidence. The EVNROLL builds both in spades.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Piretti's are nice.  Depending on the model, milling pattern, face thickness, grip choice, etc the "feel" will be different.  Feel is related to sound.  It will definitely sound/feel firmer that an Odyssey insert putter.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

18 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

I went from a Scotty to an EVNROLL. It took me a few rounds to adjust to the increased weight, larger grip and increased speed off the face. Once I zero’d everything in it really started to work for me. It swings very easy and balanced. The speed remains consistent across the entire club face and the ball begins rolling immediately after contact.

I think in addition to strong fundamentals putting is equally reliant on trust and confidence. The EVNROLL builds both in spades.

Good to know, I have lead tape on my putter along with the 25g weight inserts.  I too like a heavier putter.  I don't always find the sweet spot on the putter so doing more research with the grooves on the Evnroll face, it looks like that really could help me.  Would you say the Evnroll is a forgiving putter?

I don't always find the sweet spot on the putter so doing more research with the grooves on the Evnroll face, it looks like that really could help me.  Would you say the Evnroll is a forgiving putter?

For people that struggle to hit the center of the face it is a very forgiving putter. During testing I have hit putts that I thought were hit too hard stop by the hole. Heel and toe strikes seem to provide a better grouping.

The biggest adjustment is learning how fast the ball comes off the face. In the middle there is less surface area to contact so ball speeds are a bit slower so you may not roll the ball the same distance as your current putter.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

For people that struggle to hit the center of the face it is a very forgiving putter. During testing I have hit putts that I thought were hit too hard stop by the hole. Heel and toe strikes seem to provide a better grouping.

The biggest adjustment is learning how fast the ball comes off the face. In the middle there is less surface area to contact so ball speeds are a bit slower so you may not roll the ball the same distance as your current putter.

Good to know, thank you!!!  I am looking forward to getting my hands on one

Good to know, I have lead tape on my putter along with the 25g weight inserts.  I too like a heavier putter.  I don't always find the sweet spot on the putter so doing more research with the grooves on the Evnroll face, it looks like that really could help me.  Would you say the Evnroll is a forgiving putter?

Funny you should ask a question about the forgiveness of a the EVNROLL. Forgiveness is precisely the reason why I purchased it in the first place. I too had issues with consistently hitting the sweet spot on all my old putters. The Scotty and Ping punished me if I didn’t middle it exactly. I find the EVNROLL extremely consistent across the length of the face.

The drawback? I used the toe of my previous putters to deaden really quick down hill puts. That technique doesn’t work as well (if at all) with the EVNROLL.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Evnroll 1.2 for, I had the oiretti cottonwood 2 and sold it, I still have my Scotty but it's only for sentimental reasons
I also gave that new Cleveland Huntington 11cs soft that just came out, I really just bought it because it looked cool and u never rolled a center shafted, it made the cut for my mallet or, and I really enjoyed my rossie exo before the Cleveland

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived