Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In the opinion of the board, are the Bushnell rangefinders pretty much the gold standard or are there other options equal or better for around the same price or cheaper?  Mine crapped out today and it’s time for a replacement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a thread on Precision Pro NX7 and NX9. The NX9 is brand new and the 7 was last years “most wanted rangefinder” I was a forum tester for the NX7 Pro and couldn’t be happier. You can pick one up for around $200 via eBay.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Precision Pro NX7 is just as good as the Bushnell. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In the opinion of the board, are the Bushnell rangefinders pretty much the gold standard or are there other options equal or better for around the same price or cheaper?  Mine crapped out today and it’s time for a replacement.

NX7 is better than Bushnell at half the price

 

 

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys...I’ve heard good things about the NX7, saving that kind of money will pay for a few rounds of golf as well

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/24634-2018-Official-Forum-Member-Review---Precision-Pro-NX7
Here’s the thread I was looking for earlier. Everything you want to know about the NX7 Pro should already be answered.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robertson153 said:

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/24634-2018-Official-Forum-Member-Review---Precision-Pro-NX7
Here’s the thread I was looking for earlier. Everything you want to know about the NX7 Pro should already be answered.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother brought a NX7 last year after his old Bushnell gave up. He says the NX7 is an easier unit to use. I can’t wait for my sureshot to die so I can get one too.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few of my friends have various Bushnell rangefinders, I have a Leupold GX-3i2 that I've been using for a few seasons now.  

I find we're within less than a yard on readings, and I prefer the way the Leupold works in scan mode or the clear indication that it has hit a reflector on the flag stick.  The only issue I know I have is occasionally I hit a window of a house that's in view behind a flag and get a false reading, but I know to move a few feet over to avoid that.  Not sure if that is an issue for Bushnell units if they don't register the reflectors.

There are certainly plenty of high quality options out there for whatever budget you have in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My brother brought a NX7 last year after his old Bushnell gave up. He says the NX7 is an easier unit to use. I can’t wait for my sureshot to die so I can get one too.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Spend the few extra bucks and get the Pro model with slope. Great unit and very customer service oriented company.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had both Leopold and Bushnell (currently the Pro).  I believe the optics were better on Leopold, but the Pro is faster than my lesser priced Leopold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have looked into the Precision Pro a lot over the past year. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Great product at a great price and stellar customer service at every level.
The only thing holding me up is if I want to go with a GPS watch unit (thinking Garmin S20) or with a laser finder.
Hoping to make a choice soon...


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ronoc said:

I have looked into the Precision Pro a lot over the past year. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Great product at a great price and stellar customer service at every level.
The only thing holding me up is if I want to go with a GPS watch unit (thinking Garmin S20) or with a laser finder.
Hoping to make a choice soon...


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I found that the laser was a better investment for me. There’s too many good free GPS app options that get me an idea of distance to bunkers or penalty areas I wouldn’t normally be able to hit with the laser, but knowing the exact yardage to the flag has helped me a ton on approach shots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We saw our named mentioned here and was going to say something but everybody has already said everything we wanted to say. We cannot thank everybody enough for all the support and love and just wanted to remind everybody of our coupon code MyGolfSpy to take $20 off. 

 

Now just for some warmer weather so we can get back out on the course!

  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrecisionProGolf said:

We saw our named mentioned here and was going to say something but everybody has already said everything we wanted to say. We cannot thank everybody enough for all the support and love and just wanted to remind everybody of our coupon code MyGolfSpy to take $20 off. 

 

Now just for some warmer weather so we can get back out on the course!

And there it is, example #1324234 of customer engagement and service. I was actually wondering when you guys would chime in haha.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I found that the laser was a better investment for me. There’s too many good free GPS app options that get me an idea of distance to bunkers or penalty areas I wouldn’t normally be able to hit with the laser, but knowing the exact yardage to the flag has helped me a ton on approach shots.

I'll second that. A GPS app on the phone combined with a LRF is the best combination. The GPS app allows me to get distances to penalty areas or bunkers. The LRF gets me the exact distance including slope on greens. And my preferred LRF is the Precision Pro NX7


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ronoc said:

And there it is, example #1324234 of customer engagement and service. I was actually wondering when you guys would chime in haha.

It's been a busy couple weeks and truthfully everything we would say was covered. We are incredibly thankful to have fans like this. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I found that the laser was a better investment for me. There’s too many good free GPS app options that get me an idea of distance to bunkers or penalty areas I wouldn’t normally be able to hit with the laser, but knowing the exact yardage to the flag has helped me a ton on approach shots.

I have both the laser and the GPS watch that I use interchangeably lately.  I find the GPS watch is perfect for always having distance available to me without having to pull a phone or laser out, and saves time.  It also keeps my score and tracks shot distance, etc, so for that it is invaluable.  I like having the laser for when I can't determine where on the green the pin is actually at, as a lot of times it's hard to tell.  The laser also comes in handy when I am at the range and want to know the number to targets so I can fine tune my distance control.

I've used any number of GPS apps on my phone, and if I am playing a new course I haven't played before I will load up Infotalk Golf GPS, because it has a great map feature of all holes of the course I am playing, and I can pull that out when I get to the tee if I am not exactly sure where to hit it or how far I need to go.  It's one of the better GPS apps I've come across.  The best overview map feature of any free apps anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GSwag said:

I have both the laser and the GPS watch that I use interchangeably lately.  I find the GPS watch is perfect for always having distance available to me without having to pull a phone or laser out, and saves time.  It also keeps my score and tracks shot distance, etc, so for that it is invaluable.  I like having the laser for when I can't determine where on the green the pin is actually at, as a lot of times it's hard to tell.  The laser also comes in handy when I am at the range and want to know the number to targets so I can fine tune my distance control.

I've used any number of GPS apps on my phone, and if I am playing a new course I haven't played before I will load up Infotalk Golf GPS, because it has a great map feature of all holes of the course I am playing, and I can pull that out when I get to the tee if I am not exactly sure where to hit it or how far I need to go.  It's one of the better GPS apps I've come across.  The best overview map feature of any free apps anyway.

What watch do you use?  My dad is *hinting* that he wants one for Father's Day.

It's funny.. I wear a watch everyday, but not when I'm golfing.  If I got a GPS I would probably go for something like the new Garmin Approach G10 or G30.  small simple and mostly "pocket-able."  The one thing I would enjoy about a dedicated device/watch would be the automatic shot tracking, so I could know just how not far I smoked that last drive. haha

Double points for the "at the range" benefit of the laser.  I totally forgot to mention that earlier, but I do that every time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What watch do you use?  My dad is *hinting* that he wants one for Father's Day.

It's funny.. I wear a watch everyday, but not when I'm golfing.  If I got a GPS I would probably go for something like the new Garmin Approach G10 or G30.  small simple and mostly "pocket-able."  The one thing I would enjoy about a dedicated device/watch would be the automatic shot tracking, so I could know just how not far I smoked that last drive. haha

Double points for the "at the range" benefit of the laser.  I totally forgot to mention that earlier, but I do that every time.

Garmin Approach S20.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...