TESTERS WANTED! ×

In the opinion of the board, are the Bushnell rangefinders pretty much the gold standard or are there other options equal or better for around the same price or cheaper?  Mine crapped out today and it’s time for a replacement.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

There’s a thread on Precision Pro NX7 and NX9. The NX9 is brand new and the 7 was last years “most wanted rangefinder” I was a forum tester for the NX7 Pro and couldn’t be happier. You can pick one up for around $200 via eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Precision Pro NX7 is just as good as the Bushnell. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

In the opinion of the board, are the Bushnell rangefinders pretty much the gold standard or are there other options equal or better for around the same price or cheaper?  Mine crapped out today and it’s time for a replacement.

NX7 is better than Bushnell at half the price

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks guys...I’ve heard good things about the NX7, saving that kind of money will pay for a few rounds of golf as well

• Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/24634-2018-Official-Forum-Member-Review---Precision-Pro-NX7
Here’s the thread I was looking for earlier. Everything you want to know about the NX7 Pro should already be answered.

CobraConnectChallenge3

2 hours ago, robertson153 said:

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Precision Pro NX7
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/24634-2018-Official-Forum-Member-Review---Precision-Pro-NX7
Here’s the thread I was looking for earlier. Everything you want to know about the NX7 Pro should already be answered.

Thanks!

• Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

• 1 month later...

A few of my friends have various Bushnell rangefinders, I have a Leupold GX-3i2 that I've been using for a few seasons now.  

I find we're within less than a yard on readings, and I prefer the way the Leupold works in scan mode or the clear indication that it has hit a reflector on the flag stick.  The only issue I know I have is occasionally I hit a window of a house that's in view behind a flag and get a false reading, but I know to move a few feet over to avoid that.  Not sure if that is an issue for Bushnell units if they don't register the reflectors.

There are certainly plenty of high quality options out there for whatever budget you have in mind.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

My brother brought a NX7 last year after his old Bushnell gave up. He says the NX7 is an easier unit to use. I can’t wait for my sureshot to die so I can get one too.

Spend the few extra bucks and get the Pro model with slope. Great unit and very customer service oriented company.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've had both Leopold and Bushnell (currently the Pro).  I believe the optics were better on Leopold, but the Pro is faster than my lesser priced Leopold.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I have looked into the Precision Pro a lot over the past year. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Great product at a great price and stellar customer service at every level.
The only thing holding me up is if I want to go with a GPS watch unit (thinking Garmin S20) or with a laser finder.
Hoping to make a choice soon...

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

7 hours ago, Ronoc said:

I have looked into the Precision Pro a lot over the past year. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Great product at a great price and stellar customer service at every level.
The only thing holding me up is if I want to go with a GPS watch unit (thinking Garmin S20) or with a laser finder.
Hoping to make a choice soon...

I found that the laser was a better investment for me. There’s too many good free GPS app options that get me an idea of distance to bunkers or penalty areas I wouldn’t normally be able to hit with the laser, but knowing the exact yardage to the flag has helped me a ton on approach shots.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

We saw our named mentioned here and was going to say something but everybody has already said everything we wanted to say. We cannot thank everybody enough for all the support and love and just wanted to remind everybody of our coupon code MyGolfSpy to take $20 off. 

Now just for some warmer weather so we can get back out on the course!

Precision Pro Golf

Use Discount Code MYGOLFSPY20 for $20 OFF.

#swingwithconfidence #hitmoregreens

www.precisionprogolf.com

1 minute ago, PrecisionProGolf said:

We saw our named mentioned here and was going to say something but everybody has already said everything we wanted to say. We cannot thank everybody enough for all the support and love and just wanted to remind everybody of our coupon code MyGolfSpy to take $20 off. 

Now just for some warmer weather so we can get back out on the course!

And there it is, example #1324234 of customer engagement and service. I was actually wondering when you guys would chime in haha.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

I found that the laser was a better investment for me. There’s too many good free GPS app options that get me an idea of distance to bunkers or penalty areas I wouldn’t normally be able to hit with the laser, but knowing the exact yardage to the flag has helped me a ton on approach shots.

I'll second that. A GPS app on the phone combined with a LRF is the best combination. The GPS app allows me to get distances to penalty areas or bunkers. The LRF gets me the exact distance including slope on greens. And my preferred LRF is the Precision Pro NX7

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

17 hours ago, Ronoc said:

And there it is, example #1324234 of customer engagement and service. I was actually wondering when you guys would chime in haha.

It's been a busy couple weeks and truthfully everything we would say was covered. We are incredibly thankful to have fans like this. 

Precision Pro Golf

Use Discount Code MYGOLFSPY20 for $20 OFF.

#swingwithconfidence #hitmoregreens

www.precisionprogolf.com

18 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I have both the laser and the GPS watch that I use interchangeably lately.  I find the GPS watch is perfect for always having distance available to me without having to pull a phone or laser out, and saves time.  It also keeps my score and tracks shot distance, etc, so for that it is invaluable.  I like having the laser for when I can't determine where on the green the pin is actually at, as a lot of times it's hard to tell.  The laser also comes in handy when I am at the range and want to know the number to targets so I can fine tune my distance control.

I've used any number of GPS apps on my phone, and if I am playing a new course I haven't played before I will load up Infotalk Golf GPS, because it has a great map feature of all holes of the course I am playing, and I can pull that out when I get to the tee if I am not exactly sure where to hit it or how far I need to go.  It's one of the better GPS apps I've come across.  The best overview map feature of any free apps anyway.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

32 minutes ago, GSwag said:

I have both the laser and the GPS watch that I use interchangeably lately.  I find the GPS watch is perfect for always having distance available to me without having to pull a phone or laser out, and saves time.  It also keeps my score and tracks shot distance, etc, so for that it is invaluable.  I like having the laser for when I can't determine where on the green the pin is actually at, as a lot of times it's hard to tell.  The laser also comes in handy when I am at the range and want to know the number to targets so I can fine tune my distance control.

I've used any number of GPS apps on my phone, and if I am playing a new course I haven't played before I will load up Infotalk Golf GPS, because it has a great map feature of all holes of the course I am playing, and I can pull that out when I get to the tee if I am not exactly sure where to hit it or how far I need to go.  It's one of the better GPS apps I've come across.  The best overview map feature of any free apps anyway.

What watch do you use?  My dad is *hinting* that he wants one for Father's Day.

It's funny.. I wear a watch everyday, but not when I'm golfing.  If I got a GPS I would probably go for something like the new Garmin Approach G10 or G30.  small simple and mostly "pocket-able."  The one thing I would enjoy about a dedicated device/watch would be the automatic shot tracking, so I could know just how not far I smoked that last drive. haha

Double points for the "at the range" benefit of the laser.  I totally forgot to mention that earlier, but I do that every time.

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

What watch do you use?  My dad is *hinting* that he wants one for Father's Day.

It's funny.. I wear a watch everyday, but not when I'm golfing.  If I got a GPS I would probably go for something like the new Garmin Approach G10 or G30.  small simple and mostly "pocket-able."  The one thing I would enjoy about a dedicated device/watch would be the automatic shot tracking, so I could know just how not far I smoked that last drive. haha

Double points for the "at the range" benefit of the laser.  I totally forgot to mention that earlier, but I do that every time.

Garmin Approach S20.  

My opinion on two things, a sincere question on another.

The only range finder I've ever owned for more than a trial period is a Nikon Laser 500 that's got to be pushing 15 years old. I change the battery every two years, whether it needs it or not, and it just keeps chugging along providing precise distances with easy operation. Yes, there are limitations. I need line-of-sight, hazards are difficult to target, & it doesn't take all that much fog to render it useless. It also adds time to make the sighting, but overall I'm very happy! While I've never owned any other brand, I have numerous friends who've owned various Bushnell models and everyone one of them have had eventual failures and have replaced them. I can't say they were high-end models that would compare price-wise to what the Nikon was (in the $275 range at the time), but I don't feel Bushnell is such a run-away product that I wouldn't first try the PrecisionPro, especially for the money. And as you can see from the earlier post, their customer service is pretty darn good.

But trying to speed up my round, I've also tried 5 different GPS products and returned all of them because they were too imprecise. I'm not looking for accurate long distances (I can't it it that far anyway), but it needs to be pretty accurate when you start getting into the 150 yard and below range. The very best of the 5 devices I tried was still no better than within 5 yards of the laser distance, one was 10 to 12 yards off - and kept moving all over the place! I'm only a 14 handicap but 4 of the 5 devices were as much as an entire club wrong. If I'm even pretending to be trying to get better, I don't want to have to figure out whether I mis-clubbed, I hit it poorly, or the GPS was wrong. I'm not even saying it's the device's fault; civilians don't have access to the super precise GPS sats necessary to have accurate data. But for now, laser is my preferred way to go.

Enough of my diatribe, now for my question. I REALLY like the idea of having a map of the hole showing the distance to hazards and the green; and having that info quickly (I don't like getting stuck behind someone taking forever to take a shot, I don't want to do that to someone else either). Those of you who are happy with the results you get from your GPS device, would you please share with me what you're using and what you do to get stable, accurate distances?  Just based on my personal experience, I don't understand why these are so popular unless one just assumes on average it's close enough.

Many thanks!

BTW, GSwag, I saw your post & appreciate the info. But please feel to expand on your experience if you have anything to add,

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

Precision Pro.

The only problem is that they are sensitive to colder temps. Mine will not work with temps at 50 or below. I changed the battery with a fresh one and same problem. Other than that they are a "Best Buy".

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

21 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Precision Pro.

The only problem is that they are sensitive to colder temps. Mind will not work with temps at 50 or below. I changed the battery with a fresh one and same problem. Other than that they are a "Best Buy".

PJ, I had an issue with that (getting single digit reading in cold temps*)  and they replaced the unit. I haven't had an issue since and we do play in the 40's here both in spring and fall. 

* note not sure if the single digit readings I was getting was because of the cold or the unit had a problem. Regardless they sent me a new one with any questions asked. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

52 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

My opinion on two things, a sincere question on another.

The only range finder I've ever owned for more than a trial period is a Nikon Laser 500 that's got to be pushing 15 years old. I change the battery every two years, whether it needs it or not, and it just keeps chugging along providing precise distances with easy operation. Yes, there are limitations. I need line-of-sight, hazards are difficult to target, & it doesn't take all that much fog to render it useless. It also adds time to make the sighting, but overall I'm very happy! While I've never owned any other brand, I have numerous friends who've owned various Bushnell models and everyone one of them have had eventual failures and have replaced them. I can't say they were high-end models that would compare price-wise to what the Nikon was (in the $275 range at the time), but I don't feel Bushnell is such a run-away product that I wouldn't first try the PrecisionPro, especially for the money. And as you can see from the earlier post, their customer service is pretty darn good.

But trying to speed up my round, I've also tried 5 different GPS products and returned all of them because they were too imprecise. I'm not looking for accurate long distances (I can't it it that far anyway), but it needs to be pretty accurate when you start getting into the 150 yard and below range. The very best of the 5 devices I tried was still no better than within 5 yards of the laser distance, one was 10 to 12 yards off - and kept moving all over the place! I'm only a 14 handicap but 4 of the 5 devices were as much as an entire club wrong. If I'm even pretending to be trying to get better, I don't want to have to figure out whether I mis-clubbed, I hit it poorly, or the GPS was wrong. I'm not even saying it's the device's fault; civilians don't have access to the super precise GPS sats necessary to have accurate data. But for now, laser is my preferred way to go.

Enough of my diatribe, now for my question. I REALLY like the idea of having a map of the hole showing the distance to hazards and the green; and having that info quickly (I don't like getting stuck behind someone taking forever to take a shot, I don't want to do that to someone else either). Those of you who are happy with the results you get from your GPS device, would you please share with me what you're using and what you do to get stable, accurate distances?  Just based on my personal experience, I don't understand why these are so popular unless one just assumes on average it's close enough.

Many thanks!

BTW, GSwag, I saw your post & appreciate the info. But please feel to expand on your experience if you have anything to add,

Well, since you mentioned me specifically, I'll go a bit further.  Coincidentally, while I was reading your post I thought to myself, "what the heck did we do before GPS and lasers became affordable to get distances?"  I guess that's like the now cliche question, "what the heck did we ever do before smart phones?"  But I digress.

I find my Garmin Approach S20's numbers to be incredibly accurate, at least to front, center and back of the green.  I shoot the laser in tournaments and find the Garmin numbers to be dead on for the most part.  Obviously it's off by 5 or 6 yards if the pin is tucked, or isn't right in the middle, or right in the back or front of the green, but I mean, come on, like you said, you're a 14 handicap, and does 5 yards even gonna make that much of a difference on a 125 yard shot even?  I say this using my own game as an example.  I'm sitting on a par 4 at about 135 out from the number on my Garmin.  The green is elevated by at least 5-10 feet, and the pin is tucked behind a sand trap in the back left of the green.  I shoot the flag and it tells me 142.  OK, let's break this down by club selection.  My normal 135 is a 9 iron.  But here we have a slightly elevated green with a sucker pin with sand staring me in the face and the flag saying, "go ahead, I dare you to hit it at me."  That 142 that the laser gave me is probably closer to 150 with the elevation, and I haven't even factored in the  10 mph cross breeze right to left that will push any ball I send at that flag even further left.  So what do you hit here, and where do you aim?  This is the #1 handicap hole on the course, and overall, my experience hitting this green is slim and none, even as a 5 handicap.  This hole is a bogey machine, mostly because I always ignore the chance I'll hit it in the sand or come up short in the same sand pit.  I'm too good to come up short, and I never miss, right?  Yeah, that's what usually goes through my stupid head.  Ultimately, you take your numbers here, and you have 135 from the GPS on my wrist, and 142 from the laser, and factor in the elevation meaning you now have an 8 iron to the flag, or probably a strong 9 iron into the center of the green.  The wind will push the ball left, and the right side of the green is smiling at you and has a welcome mat on it.  The front of the green is 125, which is really playing 130, which is a strong pitching wedge.  What would you hit here to best increase you odds of a par?  Sure, if I am playing a match against my buddy and he gets stupid and lands one 15 feet from the hole I'm pulling 8 and letting it rip, odds be damned.  But with everything I've just given you, I pull 9 iron and swing nice and easy, aim at the right side of the green, and hope I don't pull the stupid thing into that nasty trap.  And if I miss right, then I've got a long chip over the entire green to that uphill pin, which is a simple bump and run, because I played smart and didn't short side myself.

Moral of the story, your laser may have been dead accurate to that flag, but man, having the GPS with front, middle and back numbers allows you to think through that difficult approach shot and play smart from time to time.  And if you want a GPS on your phone with a map, the Infotalk Golf GPS is fantastic with course layouts and accurate distances.  I can see the hole before i play it and know with certainty where to hit it off of the tee so as to avoid trouble and have the best angle into the green.  Both the Garmin and GPS apps will keep your score for you.  And if you are looking for a GPS app that will allow you to keep not only your score, but the score of everyone in your group, the Golfpad GPS app is great for that.  I haven't used the Golfpad GPS app for a long time though, because I found that even though I told everyone in the group I was keeping their score on my phone they just ignored me and used the pencil and scorecard on the cart.  What can you do when people ignore you and are really old school?

Hope this helps.

I'm with @GSwag , but I use a Garmin Approach G8, and I love using it to keep track of stats and scores, but I mainly use it to get distances from the tee-box on par 4's & 5's. I use the :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Pro Slope for hole distances on my approach shots.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

GSwag - Thank you very much for your additional comments! And I totally agree about a 14 handicapper trying to hit to the pin, especially to a difficult pin - I honestly don't try. But... if I'm trying to hit to a safe location and my measurement is 5 yards off (remember, that was the best of the group I tried; the others were more), then yes, 5 yards does make a difference especially if I want to understand where I went wrong.  For what it's worth, my short game is the better part of my game so I'm probably more particular here.

I've already downloaded the InfoTalk golf app but won't be able to try it out until next week when I head out west. Hope to play 2 or 3 times in LA and/or Phoenix. I'll also look into the Garmin S20. Did you find it to be stable? Three of the devices I tried would bounce all over the place if I gave it time.

Thanks again!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

13 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I've already downloaded the InfoTalk golf app but won't be able to try it out until next week when I head out west. Hope to play 2 or 3 times in LA and/or Phoenix. I'll also look into the Garmin S20. Did you find it to be stable? Three of the devices I tried would bounce all over the place if I gave it time.

As a side note, you can pre download whatever courses you want into the infotalk GPS app.  What I typically use it for is when I am traveling to tournaments at courses I have not played before.  I'll download the course onto the app and then pull up the map at home, and study each hole, familiarizing myself with the routing and layout from the map they provide.  You can also use it to plot layups from tee shots to hazards, etc. so you have an idea of what club you will probably be hitting off of the tee from at that hole.

Well, I see why you're a 5 handicap! In reality I should be substantially better. Not to make light of a terrible disease, but I sometimes think that my muscle memory has Alzheimer's. I'll be humming along nicely when suddenly it's like I don't know which end of the club to hold. I've had several sub-40 9 hole scores only to completely lose it on the other 9. Obviously between my ears.

Thanks again for your comments. And thanks, too, to you others chiming in. I appreciate it!

I think technology has evened up a heck of a lot. Very few you can go wrong with these days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I personally have a bushnell and love it. Dont need the jolt technology on it or some other widgets but the slope is very helpful. Depends on if you play tourneys which wont allow slope feature

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder