TESTERS WANTED! ×

I personally have a bushnell and love it. Dont need the jolt technology on it or some other widgets but the slope is very helpful. Depends on if you play tourneys which wont allow slope feature

You don’t know you don’t need something unless you’ve tried it. The jolt tech is real nice, especially if you’re not as steady as you used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

You don’t know you don’t need something unless you’ve tried it. The jolt tech is real nice, especially if you’re not as steady as you used to be.

i tried a few rangefinders before buying one. I dont have shaky hands so i did not need the jolt technology. Wasnt worth the extra money. Never had a problem hitting a stick without it.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I personally have a bushnell and love it. Dont need the jolt technology on it or some other widgets but the slope is very helpful. Depends on if you play tourneys which wont allow slope feature

On the NX7 Pro which comes with Slope you can turn it off by toggling between the M1 and M2 settings.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

On the NX7 Pro which comes with Slope you can turn it off by toggling between the M1 and M2 settings.

Well said Tony. The NX7 Pro is USGA tournament legal. M1 is the non-slope mode for tournaments and M2 is slope mode. 

Precision Pro Golf

Use Discount Code MYGOLFSPY20 for $20 OFF.

#swingwithconfidence #hitmoregreens

www.precisionprogolf.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, GSwag said:

Well, since you mentioned me specifically, I'll go a bit further.  Coincidentally, while I was reading your post I thought to myself, "what the heck did we do before GPS and lasers became affordable to get distances?"  I guess that's like the now cliche question, "what the heck did we ever do before smart phones?"  But I digress.

I find my Garmin Approach S20's numbers to be incredibly accurate, at least to front, center and back of the green.  I shoot the laser in tournaments and find the Garmin numbers to be dead on for the most part.  Obviously it's off by 5 or 6 yards if the pin is tucked, or isn't right in the middle, or right in the back or front of the green, but I mean, come on, like you said, you're a 14 handicap, and does 5 yards even gonna make that much of a difference on a 125 yard shot even?  I say this using my own game as an example.  I'm sitting on a par 4 at about 135 out from the number on my Garmin.  The green is elevated by at least 5-10 feet, and the pin is tucked behind a sand trap in the back left of the green.  I shoot the flag and it tells me 142.  OK, let's break this down by club selection.  My normal 135 is a 9 iron.  But here we have a slightly elevated green with a sucker pin with sand staring me in the face and the flag saying, "go ahead, I dare you to hit it at me."  That 142 that the laser gave me is probably closer to 150 with the elevation, and I haven't even factored in the  10 mph cross breeze right to left that will push any ball I send at that flag even further left.  So what do you hit here, and where do you aim?  This is the #1 handicap hole on the course, and overall, my experience hitting this green is slim and none, even as a 5 handicap.  This hole is a bogey machine, mostly because I always ignore the chance I'll hit it in the sand or come up short in the same sand pit.  I'm too good to come up short, and I never miss, right?  Yeah, that's what usually goes through my stupid head.  Ultimately, you take your numbers here, and you have 135 from the GPS on my wrist, and 142 from the laser, and factor in the elevation meaning you now have an 8 iron to the flag, or probably a strong 9 iron into the center of the green.  The wind will push the ball left, and the right side of the green is smiling at you and has a welcome mat on it.  The front of the green is 125, which is really playing 130, which is a strong pitching wedge.  What would you hit here to best increase you odds of a par?  Sure, if I am playing a match against my buddy and he gets stupid and lands one 15 feet from the hole I'm pulling 8 and letting it rip, odds be damned.  But with everything I've just given you, I pull 9 iron and swing nice and easy, aim at the right side of the green, and hope I don't pull the stupid thing into that nasty trap.  And if I miss right, then I've got a long chip over the entire green to that uphill pin, which is a simple bump and run, because I played smart and didn't short side myself.

Moral of the story, your laser may have been dead accurate to that flag, but man, having the GPS with front, middle and back numbers allows you to think through that difficult approach shot and play smart from time to time.  And if you want a GPS on your phone with a map, the Infotalk Golf GPS is fantastic with course layouts and accurate distances.  I can see the hole before i play it and know with certainty where to hit it off of the tee so as to avoid trouble and have the best angle into the green.  Both the Garmin and GPS apps will keep your score for you.  And if you are looking for a GPS app that will allow you to keep not only your score, but the score of everyone in your group, the Golfpad GPS app is great for that.  I haven't used the Golfpad GPS app for a long time though, because I found that even though I told everyone in the group I was keeping their score on my phone they just ignored me and used the pencil and scorecard on the cart.  What can you do when people ignore you and are really old school?

Hope this helps.

Wife just got me a Garmin S20 as a birthday gift. Cant wait to try it out. Will continue to use my @PrecisionProGolf range finder for exact pins. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

Following up, I got my Garmin S20 this past weekend and played 27 holes with it.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Found the course quickly, accuracy was spot on. Loved the club tracking at a push of a button. Layup/dog leg/hazard distances were also extremely helpful. F/M/B of the green was so helpful and I saved a few strokes during the rounds just from that and having to think a little less. Keeping score was a breeze. Wish the stat tracking was a little bit more where I could track chips/sand shots.

I highly recommend it for any level golfer. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

I've been a Leupold user for years. I currently have the 5i3, and while it's not cheap (got mine from Discount Dan's Golf for $450) I'm very happy with it. Specifically, I've always preferred the form factor of the Leupolds to any Bushnells and I also think the Leupolds look better than any of the other offerings. I'm sure there are some that perform better, but for now I'm happy with mine. All that said though, I'm definitely interested in getting my hands on an NX9 when they're available! 

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I just want to throw in another cheap Laser option that most people don't know about. The Dallas Golf DG1 is pretty solid and costs $130 at the moment. There's an LCD screen on the side of the finder that shows the yardage that you just shot. There is a slope and fog setting as well. I haven't been disappointed using it so far as it was comparable to the NX7. 

https://www.dallasgolf.com/dg1-laser-rangefinder-from-dallas-golf/ 

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

I just want to throw in another cheap Laser option that most people don't know about. The Dallas Golf DG1 is pretty solid and costs $130 at the moment. There's an LCD screen on the side of the finder that shows the yardage that you just shot. There is a slope and fog setting as well. I haven't been disappointed using it so far as it was comparable to the NX7. 
https://www.dallasgolf.com/dg1-laser-rangefinder-from-dallas-golf/ 

Interesting, never heard of them before. Screen on the side reminded me of the bushnell combo gps unit, does it also show you the yardage through the viewfinder? Would seem counterproductive to need to target and check the distance then potentially target again on something else (like using scan mode)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Following up, I got my Garmin S20 this past weekend and played 27 holes with it.
ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! Found the course quickly, accuracy was spot on. Loved the club tracking at a push of a button. Layup/dog leg/hazard distances were also extremely helpful. F/M/B of the green was so helpful and I saved a few strokes during the rounds just from that and having to think a little less. Keeping score was a breeze. Wish the stat tracking was a little bit more where I could track chips/sand shots.
I highly recommend it for any level golfer. 

Finally went with the S20 but haven’t had a chance to use it yet but I’m really excited.

Of course DSG just dropped the price on it again...

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

I just picked up a s20 for my dad for his birthday. He Finally expressed interest in knowing yardages easily. So maybe now he’ll hit a (expletive) green in our league! Haha

I keep telling him to aim for the back of the green until he flies them 5-6 times a round.

He says he takes a longer club, but then ends up swinging easy. Hopefully this will help him find his form and get some of those lost strokes back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 1 month later...

I saw there will be a new MGS Most Wanted for rangefinders coming soon and that has me considering making a move from my Leupold GX-5i3 to something else. I've been a longtime Leupold user, but I saw a comment from MGS that essentially stated Leupold hasn't updated their golf lineup much, which is an excellent point. I'm hoping the NX9 HD performs well, because I've been looking forward to that unit since it was announced in January!

1 hour ago, mr.hicksta said:

I saw there will be a new MGS Most Wanted for rangefinders coming soon and that has me considering making a move from my Leupold GX-5i3 to something else. I've been a longtime Leupold user, but I saw a comment from MGS that essentially stated Leupold hasn't updated their golf lineup much, which is an excellent point. I'm hoping the NX9 HD performs well, because I've been looking forward to that unit since it was announced in January!

I have to send my GX-3i2 in to be looked at.  Its giving me some false (say 50-yard reading when really 140-180 yards) readings.  Seems to only be when locking onto prizms, and the display is failing.  

I'm hoping they just fix/replace it for me, but we'll see what they come back with.  I like Leupold, but at the cost I'd probably look elsewhere if I need to replace it myself.  Lots of good options out there.  I am partial to the Red display though... hmmm

32 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I have to send my GX-3i2 in to be looked at.  Its giving me some false (say 50-yard reading when really 140-180 yards) readings.  Seems to only be when locking onto prizms, and the display is failing.  

I'm hoping they just fix/replace it for me, but we'll see what they come back with.  I like Leupold, but at the cost I'd probably look elsewhere if I need to replace it myself.  Lots of good options out there.  I am partial to the Red display though... hmmm

I had a GX-3i2 that inexplicably died after a few months. I filled out the warranty form and they sent me a brand new one in return. The Leupold warranty is top notch, but they really haven't improved on their golf rangefinders much. I've stuck with them for years because I prefer the form factor, but I'm going to check out my options once the latest MGS Most Wanted for rangerfinders is released!

For what it’s worth, I use the Pinned ‘The Pearl’ rangefinder and am an ambassador for them (just putting all cards on the table).

I have compared it with Bushnells that my buddies have and we are always within a yard or two on the longer distances. The guy I was playing with yesterday was having trouble reading the flag with his Bushnell and actually just started asking me what the Yardage was. Lol

Does not do well in Fog, but they tell you that and acknowledge it. It also does not do slope or have GPS. The screen is very clear, as you can adjust the ocular display to your needs.

So far it’s been a great little device for me, and the price is really excellent.

If you want to get one ($175) and want free shipping, use my code: CHASINGSCRATCH

Again, I am an ambassador, but I actually do use the product and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Not trying to mislead or be a sales guy.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

• 1 month later...

Alright, this thing is NICE

IMG_3110.JPG

Late to the game but I find the Bushnell Hybrid to be actually a game improvement device. Here is why. Ever been between clubs? Been 170yrds out with 160 and 180 yard clubs in your bag? Knowing the distance from the front or back of the green to the pin can help you make the right club selection. If you know the course and greens, it really helps.

Say your 160 out (that's all you get from standard lasers) to the pin but the pin is in the back of the green.  Bushnell hybrid will tell you the front of the green is 140 and the back is 175. The 160 club would put you well onto the green but 180 would put you off the back.  You can also custom mark spots on the green like the lip of a steep ridge to multi-platformed greens. You can mark a carry distance to get you up onto that second tier.

Golf is a not a distance game. It's a target game. Scoring is all about the GIRs. And if you are average to struggle at putting, quality GIRs matter. Quality GIRs come from confident full and repeatable swings on approach shots. It is pricey but I found it to be worth price.

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, ChasingScratch said:

Does not do well in Fog,...

Funny you mention that. I had a day of pretty decent fog just a couple of weeks ago and with the hybrid, I was the only guy with any kinda number. I was a popular cart partner that morning.

(No, I don't work for Bushnell.)

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

I bought the Nikon Ccolshot 80i VR last year
because it had motion stabilization. Well, the dang thing locks-on to more trees and things BEHIND the flag than it does the flag! So aggravating. I’m going to have to get a different rangefinder. This one is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I bought the Nikon Ccolshot 80i VR last year
because it had motion stabilization. Well, the dang thing locks-on to more trees and things BEHIND the flag than it does the flag! So aggravating. I’m going to have to get a different rangefinder. This one is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ouch - that's an expensive one to do that.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, mr.hicksta said:

I saw that quote also, but is there really a lot of innovation going on in rangefinders?  I don't know what you'd get above and beyond what your GX-5i3 already has.  I have a GX-4i2 and have no desire to upgrade it.  

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I saw that quote also, but is there really a lot of innovation going on in rangefinders?  I don't know what you'd get above and beyond what your GX-5i3 already has.  I have a GX-4i2 and have no desire to upgrade it.  

Just depends. I think the MGS staff covered this pretty well in one of the recent NPG podcasts. At the most basic level, you want a rangefinder that provides accurate distance, is simple to use, acquires the target quickly, and has good optics. There are few rangefinders available today that will fail to tick those boxes for most golfers. Anything beyond those requirements would simply be considered features. Things like slope adjustment, built-in gps, barometric sensors, etc. Those things can increase the level of accuracy and usefulness of a rangefinder, but they aren't truly necessary. 

I'm still using my Bushnell Tour V3 with absolutely zero issues.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I think there is some, but I had owned a Leupold since the GX-1 and from the 3i2 to the 5i3 there wasn't a huge change between any of the models. Don't get me wrong either, I'm not knocking Leupold as I think they make a solid rangefinder, but I was looking to try something else anyway. I'm all set with the Pro XE now!