I just picked up a s20 for my dad for his birthday. He Finally expressed interest in knowing yardages easily. So maybe now he’ll hit a (expletive) green in our league! Haha

I keep telling him to aim for the back of the green until he flies them 5-6 times a round.

He says he takes a longer club, but then ends up swinging easy. Hopefully this will help him find his form and get some of those lost strokes back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw there will be a new MGS Most Wanted for rangefinders coming soon and that has me considering making a move from my Leupold GX-5i3 to something else. I've been a longtime Leupold user, but I saw a comment from MGS that essentially stated Leupold hasn't updated their golf lineup much, which is an excellent point. I'm hoping the NX9 HD performs well, because I've been looking forward to that unit since it was announced in January!

1 hour ago, mr.hicksta said:

I saw there will be a new MGS Most Wanted for rangefinders coming soon and that has me considering making a move from my Leupold GX-5i3 to something else. I've been a longtime Leupold user, but I saw a comment from MGS that essentially stated Leupold hasn't updated their golf lineup much, which is an excellent point. I'm hoping the NX9 HD performs well, because I've been looking forward to that unit since it was announced in January!

I have to send my GX-3i2 in to be looked at.  Its giving me some false (say 50-yard reading when really 140-180 yards) readings.  Seems to only be when locking onto prizms, and the display is failing.  

I'm hoping they just fix/replace it for me, but we'll see what they come back with.  I like Leupold, but at the cost I'd probably look elsewhere if I need to replace it myself.  Lots of good options out there.  I am partial to the Red display though... hmmm

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I have to send my GX-3i2 in to be looked at.  Its giving me some false (say 50-yard reading when really 140-180 yards) readings.  Seems to only be when locking onto prizms, and the display is failing.  

I'm hoping they just fix/replace it for me, but we'll see what they come back with.  I like Leupold, but at the cost I'd probably look elsewhere if I need to replace it myself.  Lots of good options out there.  I am partial to the Red display though... hmmm

I had a GX-3i2 that inexplicably died after a few months. I filled out the warranty form and they sent me a brand new one in return. The Leupold warranty is top notch, but they really haven't improved on their golf rangefinders much. I've stuck with them for years because I prefer the form factor, but I'm going to check out my options once the latest MGS Most Wanted for rangerfinders is released!

• Like 2

For what it’s worth, I use the Pinned ‘The Pearl’ rangefinder and am an ambassador for them (just putting all cards on the table).

I have compared it with Bushnells that my buddies have and we are always within a yard or two on the longer distances. The guy I was playing with yesterday was having trouble reading the flag with his Bushnell and actually just started asking me what the Yardage was. Lol

Does not do well in Fog, but they tell you that and acknowledge it. It also does not do slope or have GPS. The screen is very clear, as you can adjust the ocular display to your needs.

So far it’s been a great little device for me, and the price is really excellent.

If you want to get one ($175) and want free shipping, use my code: CHASINGSCRATCH

Again, I am an ambassador, but I actually do use the product and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Not trying to mislead or be a sales guy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy