Our Sponsors

I just picked up a s20 for my dad for his birthday. He Finally expressed interest in knowing yardages easily. So maybe now he’ll hit a (expletive) green in our league! Haha

I keep telling him to aim for the back of the green until he flies them 5-6 times a round.

He says he takes a longer club, but then ends up swinging easy. Hopefully this will help him find his form and get some of those lost strokes back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We saw our named mentioned here and was going to say something but everybody has already said everything we wanted to say. We cannot thank everybody enough for all the support and love and just wanted

And there it is, example #1324234 of customer engagement and service. I was actually wondering when you guys would chime in haha.

It's been a busy couple weeks and truthfully everything we would say was covered. We are incredibly thankful to have fans like this. 

Posted Images

I saw there will be a new MGS Most Wanted for rangefinders coming soon and that has me considering making a move from my Leupold GX-5i3 to something else. I've been a longtime Leupold user, but I saw a comment from MGS that essentially stated Leupold hasn't updated their golf lineup much, which is an excellent point. I'm hoping the NX9 HD performs well, because I've been looking forward to that unit since it was announced in January!

Ping G410 LST 9º | Project X Handcrafted HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.5
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 19º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z785 5-PW | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B X

1 hour ago, mr.hicksta said:

I saw there will be a new MGS Most Wanted for rangefinders coming soon and that has me considering making a move from my Leupold GX-5i3 to something else. I've been a longtime Leupold user, but I saw a comment from MGS that essentially stated Leupold hasn't updated their golf lineup much, which is an excellent point. I'm hoping the NX9 HD performs well, because I've been looking forward to that unit since it was announced in January!

I have to send my GX-3i2 in to be looked at.  Its giving me some false (say 50-yard reading when really 140-180 yards) readings.  Seems to only be when locking onto prizms, and the display is failing.  

I'm hoping they just fix/replace it for me, but we'll see what they come back with.  I like Leupold, but at the cost I'd probably look elsewhere if I need to replace it myself.  Lots of good options out there.  I am partial to the Red display though... hmmm

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

32 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I have to send my GX-3i2 in to be looked at.  Its giving me some false (say 50-yard reading when really 140-180 yards) readings.  Seems to only be when locking onto prizms, and the display is failing.  

I'm hoping they just fix/replace it for me, but we'll see what they come back with.  I like Leupold, but at the cost I'd probably look elsewhere if I need to replace it myself.  Lots of good options out there.  I am partial to the Red display though... hmmm

I had a GX-3i2 that inexplicably died after a few months. I filled out the warranty form and they sent me a brand new one in return. The Leupold warranty is top notch, but they really haven't improved on their golf rangefinders much. I've stuck with them for years because I prefer the form factor, but I'm going to check out my options once the latest MGS Most Wanted for rangerfinders is released!

• Like 2

Bridgestone Tour B X

For what it’s worth, I use the Pinned ‘The Pearl’ rangefinder and am an ambassador for them (just putting all cards on the table).

I have compared it with Bushnells that my buddies have and we are always within a yard or two on the longer distances. The guy I was playing with yesterday was having trouble reading the flag with his Bushnell and actually just started asking me what the Yardage was. Lol

Does not do well in Fog, but they tell you that and acknowledge it. It also does not do slope or have GPS. The screen is very clear, as you can adjust the ocular display to your needs.

So far it’s been a great little device for me, and the price is really excellent.

If you want to get one ($175) and want free shipping, use my code: CHASINGSCRATCH

Again, I am an ambassador, but I actually do use the product and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Not trying to mislead or be a sales guy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

• 1 month later...

Alright, this thing is NICE

IMG_3110.JPG

Bridgestone Tour B X

Late to the game but I find the Bushnell Hybrid to be actually a game improvement device. Here is why. Ever been between clubs? Been 170yrds out with 160 and 180 yard clubs in your bag? Knowing the distance from the front or back of the green to the pin can help you make the right club selection. If you know the course and greens, it really helps.

Say your 160 out (that's all you get from standard lasers) to the pin but the pin is in the back of the green.  Bushnell hybrid will tell you the front of the green is 140 and the back is 175. The 160 club would put you well onto the green but 180 would put you off the back.  You can also custom mark spots on the green like the lip of a steep ridge to multi-platformed greens. You can mark a carry distance to get you up onto that second tier.

Golf is a not a distance game. It's a target game. Scoring is all about the GIRs. And if you are average to struggle at putting, quality GIRs matter. Quality GIRs come from confident full and repeatable swings on approach shots. It is pricey but I found it to be worth price.

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, ChasingScratch said:

Does not do well in Fog,...

Funny you mention that. I had a day of pretty decent fog just a couple of weeks ago and with the hybrid, I was the only guy with any kinda number. I was a popular cart partner that morning.

(No, I don't work for Bushnell.)

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

I bought the Nikon Ccolshot 80i VR last year
because it had motion stabilization. Well, the dang thing locks-on to more trees and things BEHIND the flag than it does the flag! So aggravating. I’m going to have to get a different rangefinder. This one is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I bought the Nikon Ccolshot 80i VR last year
because it had motion stabilization. Well, the dang thing locks-on to more trees and things BEHIND the flag than it does the flag! So aggravating. I’m going to have to get a different rangefinder. This one is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ouch - that's an expensive one to do that.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 5/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, mr.hicksta said:

I saw that quote also, but is there really a lot of innovation going on in rangefinders?  I don't know what you'd get above and beyond what your GX-5i3 already has.  I have a GX-4i2 and have no desire to upgrade it.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G410 Plus, VA Vylyn 75 Four
Woods: :cobra-small:F8 3 wood
Hybrids: :cobra-small:F8 17*, :callaway-small: XR 22*, 25*
Irons: PXG 0211 6 - GW
Wedges::ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14, Zing LW
Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E

Leupold GX-4i3

Penalty Box: :EVNROLL:ER7, :ping-small: G25 irons

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I saw that quote also, but is there really a lot of innovation going on in rangefinders?  I don't know what you'd get above and beyond what your GX-5i3 already has.  I have a GX-4i2 and have no desire to upgrade it.  

Just depends. I think the MGS staff covered this pretty well in one of the recent NPG podcasts. At the most basic level, you want a rangefinder that provides accurate distance, is simple to use, acquires the target quickly, and has good optics. There are few rangefinders available today that will fail to tick those boxes for most golfers. Anything beyond those requirements would simply be considered features. Things like slope adjustment, built-in gps, barometric sensors, etc. Those things can increase the level of accuracy and usefulness of a rangefinder, but they aren't truly necessary. 

I'm still using my Bushnell Tour V3 with absolutely zero issues.

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

6 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I think there is some, but I had owned a Leupold since the GX-1 and from the 3i2 to the 5i3 there wasn't a huge change between any of the models. Don't get me wrong either, I'm not knocking Leupold as I think they make a solid rangefinder, but I was looking to try something else anyway. I'm all set with the Pro XE now! 

Bridgestone Tour B X