Shankster

Farmers Insurance Open

Rahm, Rose and Spieth up high on the leader board? No football, I’m all in for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

It’s pretty crazy how golf works in regards to tee times in relation to scores. When you get a favorable tee time you better go low. Seems the afternoon guys get punished. Round two should be interesting.

• Like 1

I've been wondering how does it work when they play different courses.  Are the 2 courses set up the same for the first 2 rounds? If the set up is changed hopefully they have some way of ensuring it's comparable, otherwise half the field could be really disadvantaged or advantaged by playing an easy set up twice or a tough set up twice, especially if the opposite applies to the other course. 

• Like 1

How's everyone liking the mid-round commentary from the players as they walk to their 2nd shots?

How's everyone liking the mid-round commentary from the players as they walk to their 2nd shots?

I think that they are a nice addition. It helps gives insight to what the player is thinking and trying to do. Anything to give the audience more access, I’m a fan of.

Continuing the same behavior and expecting a different result is just nutty so I’m excited to see the PGA take steps to increase the viewers experience. Although those production trailers are a zoo trying to cover 18 holes over a 12 hour day most of what we see is delayed and not real time. That means they have time to produce a more interesting product. I would love to see more virtual reproduction of shots and ball flights. A better graphic representation of the pitch of greens would be cool as well.

• Like 2

I've been wondering how does it work when they play different courses.  Are the 2 courses set up the same for the first 2 rounds? If the set up is changed hopefully they have some way of ensuring it's comparable, otherwise half the field could be really disadvantaged or advantaged by playing an easy set up twice or a tough set up twice, especially if the opposite applies to the other course. 

Pretty sure it is the same setup To make it as fair as possible. At least for the aspects that people can control; Weather is just luck if the draw.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

Continuing the same behavior and expecting a different result is just nutty so I’m excited to see the PGA take steps to increase the viewers experience. Although those production trailers are a zoo trying to cover 18 holes over a 12 hour day most of what we see is delayed and not real time. That means they have time to produce a more interesting product. I would love to see more virtual reproduction of shots and ball flights. A better graphic representation of the pitch of greens would be cool as well.

These are all excellent ideas and some are easily added to the current broadcast.  Anything would be better than the current tracking of a white balll across a blue sky with no understanding of what shot shape the player used.  There is plenty of technology that exists to show the ball flight.  That should be done on every shot IMO.

I enjoy watching the European Tour because they show the potential putt line with an animated read of the green as the player lines up their putt. That is way better than listening to an announcer describe what they think the putt is going to do.  Even with a description, I can't read the putt myself with the typical side on/slightly aerial shot.  

1 minute ago, KCLeo12 said:

Some impressive first rounds on the North Course yesterday it will be fun to watch.

Oh and this happened. Shook Tigers had

IMG_0782.JPG

That's awesome! I saw the video clip on Twitter last night!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KCLeo12 said:

Some impressive first rounds on the North Course yesterday it will be fun to watch.

IMG_0782.JPG

Saw this as it was happening on the livestream. The announcer drew attention to the moment, but I had no idea it was you! Really cool experience and memory to have.

• Like 4

IMG_0782.thumb.JPG.f6a58fcf82eca7ee5b998be79cc8a236.JPG

Bad Ass!!!
  • Like 2

Day off - should have played, did work out but haven’t done much else - except watch golf. Thoroughly enjoying the tournament.

• Like 1

Yay or nay??

I'm a nay....not for me ..

6 hours ago, KCLeo12 said:

IMG_0782.JPG

DO.NOT.EVER.WASH.HAND

Also, let me smell it.

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Yay or nay??

I'm a nay....not for me ..

All the way yay. People freaking out about it on IG whining about the integrity of the sport blah blah. Honestly if a shirt offends you, I'd hate to be you and have to live in the world today. Pins in while you putt, sticks out of your butt -- 2019 motto! I hereby trademark it, that's how that works right?

• Like 3

I don't hate it...looks comfortable...just not my style.

1000% better than Phil's long sleeve button up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m loving Rickie/Puma pushing a new style on the tour. I think it’s fun and shows that golf can be enjoyed by many. I may wear it for a round or two...if I could afford the price tag.

• Like 2