Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Arccos Link now available for pre order

For all you guys that don’t want to play golf with their phone in their front pocket as the Arccos system requires the Link is now available for pre order.

https://www.arccosgolf.com/products/5c34ea380a7ca01300dfcf61?utm_source=Arccos+-+Smart+Grip+Users&utm_campaign=c6cfbb7ab8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_01_18_01_39_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d234098227-c6cfbb7ab8-120639889&mc_cid=c6cfbb7ab8&mc_eid=278f368df1

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Are these legal in tournament play?

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Are these legal in tournament play?

Seems like any tournament that allows range finders will allow the Arccos system. See link from Arccos

https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-caddie-now-permitted-under-the-rules-of-golf

I like it......got my email invitation this morning. Just may have to try it since they discount it to Arccos users.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I like it......got my email invitation this morning. Just may have to try it since they discount it to Arccos users.

How much is the discount??

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Too late for me. If this device offers any improvement on tagging reliability I would have definitely purchased. Sold my Arccos and went back to Game Golf though. Arccos is the undisputed leader in statistical analysis for this segment, but Game Golf just works better for tracking shots (my experience).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I want more info on this... The idea sounds good. What i want to know as well is, does it improve the shot tracking. especially around the puts. That is the one part of the system that i have the most issues with. 

WITB - New Drive, Irons, and putter for 2019. What could possible go wrong?

Driver:   :callaway-small: EPIC 
3wd:  :cobra-small: BIO Cell+ 12.5*
2hb:  :callaway-small: Diablo Tour 18*
4-pw:  :srixon-small: 765
52*:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3
56*: :cleveland-small: RTX-3
60*: :cleveland-small: RTX-3
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 1

Too late for me. If this device offers any improvement on tagging reliability I would have definitely purchased. Sold my Arccos and went back to Game Golf though. Arccos is the undisputed leader in statistical analysis for this segment, but Game Golf just works better for tracking shots (my experience).

There is no tagging involved just wear it and it registers your shot like you phone would, this links to your phone via Bluetooth so it can transmit data during or after your round whatever you choose, as well they will be updating the Apple Watch app in March to act as another one phone in the front pocket option.

13 hours ago, Peterpc2828 said:

There is no tagging involved just wear it and it registers your shot like you phone would, this links to your phone via Bluetooth so it can transmit data during or after your round whatever you choose, as well they will be updating the Apple Watch app in March to act as another one phone in the front pocket option.

I appreciate the response, but I'm well aware of how it works. Tapping has never been an issue for me. Missing shots has been an issue which is what I meant when I said "tagging". The system still has to tag the shot whether or not it requires action on the user's part. Arccos simply missed the mark too many times for me to bother anymore which is why I went back to GG. I also ran into mapping issues at 4 different courses in my area, but those were relatively easy to fix through Arccos Support. My frustration there is that the "fix" only applied to the next round and not the one I had just played. I know Arccos works well for a number of people and I'm glad for that, but it didn't work for me. 

What I meant by my previous post was that if Arccos Link does anything to increase the reliability of shot tracking (tagging shots) and it had come out sooner, I likely would have purchased it and kept my Arccos. I would be interested in learning if users do notice a difference in reliability with the new device though. I'd be willing to go back to Arccos for the better data analysis if I didn't have to correct so many shots every round.

My only issue with this is that it still doesn't provide yardage details without using your phone. That's the biggest negative for me with arccos is needing to bring your phone in and out of your pocket all the time to check your yardages. I just don't enjoy doing it. 

If this thing worked like a voice caddy, where you could press a button and it would read your yardage to you? Oh baby....

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

30 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

My only issue with this is that it still doesn't provide yardage details without using your phone. That's the biggest negative for me with arccos is needing to bring your phone in and out of your pocket all the time to check your yardages. I just don't enjoy doing it. 

If this thing worked like a voice caddy, where you could press a button and it would read your yardage to you? Oh baby....

I think that's a really good suggestion.

My favorite solution if you're okay with GPS yardages is a watch. I used to have a Garmin Approach S2 and loved how quick and easy it was to check yardages. Even though I have a laser now, I still contemplate getting another watch to assist when I hit an errant shot and don't have line of sight. This happened to me once last season and I had an app open on my phone for backup, but I couldn't get it to lock onto my position and give me an accurate yardage when I needed to hit the shot. I wound up making a bit of a guess that just so happened to work out well. I hate having to guess like that though. I'm not particularly good at judging distance outside of putting, chipping, and pitching. It just added a lot of pressure to a shot when I really didn't need it.

I think that's a really good suggestion.
My favorite solution if you're okay with GPS yardages is a watch. I used to have a Garmin Approach S2 and loved how quick and easy it was to check yardages. Even though I have a laser now, I still contemplate getting another watch to assist when I hit an errant shot and don't have line of sight. This happened to me once last season and I had an app open on my phone for backup, but I couldn't get it to lock onto my position and give me an accurate yardage when I needed to hit the shot. I wound up making a bit of a guess that just so happened to work out well. I hate having to guess like that though. I'm not particularly good at judging distance outside of putting, chipping, and pitching. It just added a lot of pressure to a shot when I really didn't need it.

Good point but if you get or have a Apple Watch then there is no need to take your phone out ever to see yardage, as well they will be updating the Apple Watch app in March to no have to keep your phone in your pocket. Just an added cost of having to get an Apple Watch if you don’t have one already and being comfortable playing with a watch on.

22 hours ago, Peterpc2828 said:

Good point but if you get or have a Apple Watch then there is no need to take your phone out ever to see yardage, as well they will be updating the Apple Watch app in March to no have to keep your phone in your pocket. Just an added cost of having to get an Apple Watch if you don’t have one already and being comfortable playing with a watch on.

Is there an android watch that does something similar? I'm not an apple guy...

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

On 1/21/2019 at 3:52 PM, jlukes said:

This may be just the thing that gets me to go all in on Arccos. Birthday/father's day will be my likely go time if I pull the trigger 

Likewise. Let's buy it for each other so we feel less guilty? Amazon + drop ship?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 1 month later...

I use the Arccos system now and it seems great. Only used it for 2-3 rounds so far. The Apple iWatch app is ok, not great. Maybe i have not cross referenced it enough to verify yardages. I trust my rangefinder more.

As for the Link, i tend to pull out my phone quite a bit to check info on it so the link is kinda pointless. Arccos does not do a great job at putts and also adjusting the flag position on greens. Using Arccos as a complete system tee to green will make the Link useless. But if you only care about yardages then and dont need to watch over your phone then the Link would be great. A phone in the pocket can be annoying.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping that the Link can be paired with the Apple Watch so that you don't need to keep your phone on you (note: when you use the apple watch app, the yardages come from your phone not your watch).  That way you'll get your yardages and tracking.  I've emailed Arccos customer support and will let you know what I find out.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

• 1 month later...

This is something that's interesting to me. Missed the discount on pre-order though. But overall I'd be intrigued on how this works. Really hate having a phone in my pocket. Have never had a full set of Arccos 360's, only driver but being a numbers nerd this sounds pretty sweet. 

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• 3 weeks later...

Delayed until September per email from arccos:

Dear Arccos Family,

I’m writing to share an update on the status of Arccos Link. Our team has been working exceptionally hard to bring you this revolutionary product that allows Arccos users to play without a smartphone in their pocket. Results from beta testing, and on-course demos with our partners at Cobra and PING, have gone very well. That said, the innovation path often includes speed bumps, and now is one of those times.

We will not meet our target of delivering by early-summer, and now anticipate shipping to begin in mid-September.

Because it’s incredibly difficult to pioneer new hardware and predict a launch date, we elected not to charge any credit cards during pre-order. We will continue to honor that commitment and not charge your credit card until Arccos Link ships.

Why the delay?

There are two main reasons for the delay:

1. GPS Accuracy: During beta-testing, there were some situations where the GPS did not provide the level of accuracy we wanted. We redesigned the GPS to be more robust by using more global satellite constellations to significantly improve location accuracy.

2. Hole Location Marking: In many posts on our Team Arccos Facebook group (click here to join) and during beta testing, users requested the ability to mark hole locations. We decided to include a button to do just that, rather than develop this feature in a future generation Arccos Link device. 

Both changes have required extra development and testing, as well as the need to source significant quantities of new components to support the upgraded GPS solution. While the delay is no doubt a disappointment to you, both changes will allow us to achieve the high standards we have set for ourselves, and provide the Arccos Link experience you deserve.

How sure are we that there will be no more delays?

We’re now extremely happy with how Arccos Link functions, and there are no more hardware refinements necessary to implement and test. We are currently completing final integration of the product before pre-production testing, where we will test a significant batch of units, before moving to full production. We will continue to keep you updated as we move forward by email, and by posting on the Team Arccos Facebook group.

Thank you for the update from Arccos, @jlukes! I was looking forward to hearing people's feedback on how well the Arccos Link performed tracking their shots. I'm currently only tracking basic stats on my scorecard (GIR / FIR/ Up & Down / Putts / OB / Sand / etc) but am now starting to look at shot tracking systems like Arccos to get more data that I can then take to my instructor / lessons for better feedback on where we can improve the most. 

Much more interested in Arccos and Arccos Link after hearing about the addition of a hole location feature. Very smart and studious of Arccos to delay the product for the inclusion of this much requested feature.

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Much more interested in Arccos and Arccos Link after hearing about the addition of a hole location feature. Very smart and studious of Arccos to delay the product for the inclusion of this much requested feature.

Yup.  I am willing to wait for that feature rather than them release as is and then come out with a new version 6 months later.

I'm glad to hear this, thanks for posting Joe.   Waiting for the pin marking capability is well worth it IMO.   I just got the sensors this week and just paired them.  I haven't played yet, but was thinking of ordering the LINK soon.  I sitll will so I don't get caught up in a potential BO situation once it's released. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Yup.  I am willing to wait for that feature rather than them release as is and then come out with a new version 6 months later.

Same thoughts I had when I first read the e-mail. After my initial disappointment, it was cool to see them wait instead of rushing it out and immediately announcing v2.

38 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm glad to hear this, thanks for posting Joe.   Waiting for the pin marking capability is well worth it IMO.   I just got the sensors this week and just paired them.  I haven't played yet, but was thinking of ordering the LINK soon.  I sitll will so I don't get caught up in a potential BO situation once it's released. 

I think it's a must, unless they come out with some kind of alternative for those folks who have smart watches. I'm so scared to even breathe on my phone while I'm playing because I don't want the battery to die mid-round, and I have a brand-new phone with a 3000mah battery.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Delayed until 2020. 

Sucks 

Was a reason given ?