Peterpc2828

Arccos Link now available for pre order

This is something that's interesting to me. Missed the discount on pre-order though. But overall I'd be intrigued on how this works. Really hate having a phone in my pocket. Have never had a full set of Arccos 360's, only driver but being a numbers nerd this sounds pretty sweet. 

Delayed until September per email from arccos:

Dear Arccos Family,

I’m writing to share an update on the status of Arccos Link. Our team has been working exceptionally hard to bring you this revolutionary product that allows Arccos users to play without a smartphone in their pocket. Results from beta testing, and on-course demos with our partners at Cobra and PING, have gone very well. That said, the innovation path often includes speed bumps, and now is one of those times.

We will not meet our target of delivering by early-summer, and now anticipate shipping to begin in mid-September.

Because it’s incredibly difficult to pioneer new hardware and predict a launch date, we elected not to charge any credit cards during pre-order. We will continue to honor that commitment and not charge your credit card until Arccos Link ships.

Why the delay?

There are two main reasons for the delay:

1. GPS Accuracy: During beta-testing, there were some situations where the GPS did not provide the level of accuracy we wanted. We redesigned the GPS to be more robust by using more global satellite constellations to significantly improve location accuracy.

2. Hole Location Marking: In many posts on our Team Arccos Facebook group (click here to join) and during beta testing, users requested the ability to mark hole locations. We decided to include a button to do just that, rather than develop this feature in a future generation Arccos Link device. 

Both changes have required extra development and testing, as well as the need to source significant quantities of new components to support the upgraded GPS solution. While the delay is no doubt a disappointment to you, both changes will allow us to achieve the high standards we have set for ourselves, and provide the Arccos Link experience you deserve.

How sure are we that there will be no more delays?

We’re now extremely happy with how Arccos Link functions, and there are no more hardware refinements necessary to implement and test. We are currently completing final integration of the product before pre-production testing, where we will test a significant batch of units, before moving to full production. We will continue to keep you updated as we move forward by email, and by posting on the Team Arccos Facebook group.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank you for the update from Arccos, @jlukes! I was looking forward to hearing people's feedback on how well the Arccos Link performed tracking their shots. I'm currently only tracking basic stats on my scorecard (GIR / FIR/ Up & Down / Putts / OB / Sand / etc) but am now starting to look at shot tracking systems like Arccos to get more data that I can then take to my instructor / lessons for better feedback on where we can improve the most. 

Much more interested in Arccos and Arccos Link after hearing about the addition of a hole location feature. Very smart and studious of Arccos to delay the product for the inclusion of this much requested feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Much more interested in Arccos and Arccos Link after hearing about the addition of a hole location feature. Very smart and studious of Arccos to delay the product for the inclusion of this much requested feature.

Yup.  I am willing to wait for that feature rather than them release as is and then come out with a new version 6 months later.

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear this, thanks for posting Joe.   Waiting for the pin marking capability is well worth it IMO.   I just got the sensors this week and just paired them.  I haven't played yet, but was thinking of ordering the LINK soon.  I sitll will so I don't get caught up in a potential BO situation once it's released. 

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Yup.  I am willing to wait for that feature rather than them release as is and then come out with a new version 6 months later.

Same thoughts I had when I first read the e-mail. After my initial disappointment, it was cool to see them wait instead of rushing it out and immediately announcing v2.

38 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm glad to hear this, thanks for posting Joe.   Waiting for the pin marking capability is well worth it IMO.   I just got the sensors this week and just paired them.  I haven't played yet, but was thinking of ordering the LINK soon.  I sitll will so I don't get caught up in a potential BO situation once it's released. 

I think it's a must, unless they come out with some kind of alternative for those folks who have smart watches. I'm so scared to even breathe on my phone while I'm playing because I don't want the battery to die mid-round, and I have a brand-new phone with a 3000mah battery.

28 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Delayed until 2020. 

Sucks 

Was a reason given ?

MDGolfHacker

3 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Was a reason given ?

MDGolfHacker

GPS Accuracy inconsistencies. 

I appreciate them not releasing a crappy product, but I bout into the arccos system this spring because the link was supposed to come out in June.

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I appreciate them not releasing a crappy product, but I bout into the arccos system this spring because the link was supposed to come out in June.

GPS Inaccuracies ?  I KNEW I drove the ball 300+ yards and Arccos was wrong!!!😄😂😄

MDGolfHacker

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Yeah, I'm about to ditch it I think. Using it during round kills my battery as I mentioned previously, it's like electric car range anxiety. While I appreciate the data, I'm kind of at the point where what I see in the dashboard don't surprise me anymore, if that makes sense?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah, I'm about to ditch it I think. Using it during round kills my battery as I mentioned previously, it's like electric car range anxiety. While I appreciate the data, I'm kind of at the point where what I see in the dashboard don't surprise me anymore, if that makes sense?

I just bought a like new refurbished OG pixel that I'm going to use as a dedicated arccos device. Don't even need a data connection. Just download the courses over wifi before playing 

• Like 2

Pretty cool. I’d rather this than the “watch” I wear for my Shot Scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

I just bought a like new refurbished OG pixel that I'm going to use as a dedicated arccos device. Don't even need a data connection. Just download the courses over wifi before playing 

I used up the rest of the golf budget this year -- more info on that soon 😉

Maybe I'll test drive with wifey's iPod touch

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

I used up the rest of the golf budget this year -- more info on that soon 😉

919s... 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jlukes said:

Delayed until 2020. 

FML

Heading to the Goog to look for another refurbed iPhone SE.  Or do I hold out and wait for the button to set the pin?  I don't know how much longer I can recreate entire holes in the web interface.

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

Does the Touch have GPS?  Gotta have GPS.

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

919s... 

not that difficult of a guess, huh? 😂

2 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

FML

Heading to the Goog to look for another refurbed iPhone SE.  Or do I hold out and wait for the button to set the pin?  I don't know how much longer I can recreate entire holes in the web interface.

Does the Touch have GPS?  Gotta have GPS.

I found her old iPhone 5, going to use that! For the record, iPod Touch does NOT work, it tells you when you try to install the app. Only bad thing is that the power button doesn't work, so I can never turn the phone off LOL! Going to be annoying having to remember to charge it, and keep it in my bag, but I'd rather not have tracking for a round than continue worrying about my phone dying while I'm golfing. I realize I could keep a portable battery with me, but that's not much different from keeping a spare phone since I'd have to make sure that is always charged as well.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, yungkory said:

I found her old iPhone 5, going to use that!

Let us know how it works on a 5.  I think we may have one laying around somewhere...

I am using my Samsung Galaxy S10 with a battery case, sure it is a bit thicker then a normal phone case but I don´t really notice it. When in use the battery is def. not a problem, never been bothered with having the phone in my pocket while I play (left pocket and playing lefty). I also keep my scorecard in the phone so another reason to have the phone close at hand.