Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Srixon Z Forged

Shankster

I still prefer the look of the 9x5 blades and some other brands over these. It’s hard to make a bad looking blade but these aren’t the best looking. If this was a beauty pageant they get 2nd or 3rd runner up imo

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I still prefer the look of the 9x5 blades and some other brands over these. It’s hard to make a bad looking blade but these aren’t the best looking. If this was a beauty pageant they get 2nd or 3rd runner up imo

I agree. The more I look at them the more they look like the titleist zb’s. Still not bad looking, just glad they didn’t kill the blade for retail.

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

I agree. The more I look at them the more they look like the titleist zb’s. Still not bad looking, just glad they didn’t kill the blade for retail.

Yeah and imo it’s why they didn’t get released as 985.  I’m wondering if the look is based on tour feedback or not

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

After reading and looking at these, I started to think about how many people at my club play blades. I couldn’t come up with a single one. For a mid handicap such as myself, that struggles with the iron game, these would be extremely difficult to game. On the other hand I would be the talk of the club, and a slick as they are, everyone would want to take a hack with em. Very nice looking clubs, but way out of my league.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

23 minutes ago, robertson153 said:

After reading and looking at these, I started to think about how many people at my club play blades. I couldn’t come up with a single one. For a mid handicap such as myself, that struggles with the iron game, these would be extremely difficult to game. On the other hand I would be the talk of the club, and a slick as they are, everyone would want to take a hack with em. Very nice looking clubs, but way out of my league.

Playing a blade has made me a better iron player. I learned more from the mishits of these than I did in my short period of time with GI clubs.

Playing a blade has made me a better iron player. I learned more from the mishits of these than I did in my short period of time with GI clubs.

It makes sense, you have to focus and work harder. I don’t know if I have the patience or skill level to achieve that goal.

CobraConnectChallenge3

These are very nice looking irons.  I did not like the look of the 4 iron, but the lower blades looked very nice.  Having played Srixon irons in the past I am sure these feel amazing.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

2 hours ago, Middler said:

They Srixons are good looking but you can’t beat Mizuno or Titleist blades for looks or play to me. It takes a long time to dislodge long established brands.

Yeah those two brands stand out in that type of club as do a couple other brands.  Srixon is a growing brand in the states but still lack exposure to the masses

1 minute ago, Middler said:

I don't doubt that Srixon is growing, they're on people's radar now. When I bought new irons last year, I gave brief consideration to Srixon. But again, dislodging long standing brands doesn't come easy. It takes massive advertising, and endorsement deals to do it - and even then it takes (many) years.

Agree and I’ve noticed more ads on golf channel for their stuff than last year and a lot more than years past but the double edged sword of not being/wanting to becin big box stores is the lack of exposure for the perception of high end brand 

One of the things I'm curious about is how much the sole grind changes as a player moves through their club offering from 585- through the 7 series to the blades. I had a 565-765 combo last year and the sole interaction seemed drastically different to me. I think that one of the stronger arguments in favor of more blade-like iron sets is if the sole is a good match for your attack angle

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

6 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The smaller the club head, the better my ball striking seems to be. Worst I ever played was when I decided to try "oversized" irons.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

32 minutes ago, gaussman1 said:

One of the things I'm curious about is how much the sole grind changes as a player moves through their club offering from 585- through the 7 series to the blades. I had a 565-765 combo last year and the sole interaction seemed drastically different to me. I think that one of the stronger arguments in favor of more blade-like iron sets is if the sole is a good match for your attack angle

I had no issues playing both 5 and 7 series. The great think about the v sole is the turf interaction. If someone is a digger/steep aoa the 5 series is going to have more benefit with wider sole and vice versa for 7 series

I had no issues playing both 5 and 7 series. The great think about the v sole is the turf interaction. If someone is a digger/steep aoa the 5 series is going to have more benefit with wider sole and vice versa for 7 series
I'm definitely more of a sweeper, and I really struggled with the 5 series 4 and 5 iron. In fact I went back to my 945 series long irons as they felt easier to hit to me. I know, I'm backwards

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

8 hours ago, Middler said:

I don't doubt that Srixon is growing, they're on people's radar now. When I bought new irons last year, I gave brief consideration to Srixon. But again, dislodging long standing brands doesn't come easy. It takes massive advertising, and endorsement deals to do it - and even then it takes (many) years.

Srixon definitely is growing. I've seen a much larger advertising presence on GC and online which indicates they are growing and looking to increase their market share. I think the 5x5 and 7x5 are really moving the needle for them. I think they'll end up being similar to Mizuno in the fact that they'll have a large iron and wedge presence with little to no driver presence. Srixon has more tour presence than Mizuno so maybe that'll help garner a larger market share.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Srixon definitely is growing. I've seen a much larger advertising presence on GC and online which indicates they are growing and looking to increase their market share. I think the 5x5 and 7x5 are really moving the needle for them. I think they'll end up being similar to Mizuno in the fact that they'll have a large iron and wedge presence with little to no driver presence. Srixon has more tour presence than Mizuno so maybe that'll help garner a larger market share.
Have you hit the srixon driver? The Z785 is a bomber, it has a great shape and no bs gimmicks. Flat out performs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Srixon Z785 8.5* Ventus 7X/Tensei Orange Pro TX70 

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 14* 42.5" Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec X 75

Wilson Staff Blades 3-PW TT DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX-RC 50/54/58 

Evnroll  ER2

Srixon  Z star XV

Golf Pride MCC

2 hours ago, shinton0984 said:

Have you hit the srixon driver? The Z785 is a bomber, it has a great shape and no bs gimmicks. Flat out performs.

This.

I finally found something that will kick the G400 to the back room.  The 785 is too good.  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

2 hours ago, shinton0984 said:

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yes, the Z785 driver is great. But to the market as a whole, I still think Srixon's drivers will be highly underrated. Just like Mizuno. I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to see Srixon get the recognition they deserve for the Z785, but I just don't think the weekend golfer crowd will move away from the TM, Callaway, PING, Titleist. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Archived