TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fat to Fit - My Journey to Better

34 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Well after many failed attempts to get the workouts going, I've decided to scrap my original plans. I'm the type of person who easily falls into the trap of everything needing to be perfect. I'm not normally a type A person, but when it comes to achieving certain objectives I can become obsessive and will get bent out of shape/lose my motivation if something prevents me from doing precisely what I set out to do. It's something I'm really trying to work on - especially as it pertains to fitness. With that in mind, the plan from here on out is to simply get to the gym as often as I can (hopefully 3-5 times a week). I made it there with my wife and kids on Tuesday and had a decent workout. Quite frankly, I would have liked to keep going longer than I did, but my body was telling me to stop so I listened and went home. I plan on going back tonight. No particular agenda in mind other than working a different set of muscles from last time.

I had hoped to be posting here more frequently, but it just hasn't worked out that way - probably because I haven't been making the kind of progress I wanted, but I'm going to try and step it up. I appreciate the support from those of you following along and commenting. I know I'm not the only one who struggles with fitness so if you've had similar experiences in your fitness journey, I'd love to hear about them and how you overcame them. If you're still struggling, post that up as well so we can encourage each other to keep moving forward.

Thanks spies!

I heard/read somewhere the three week plan. Make it a habit to go three weeks however many days you choose according to the plan. Also give yourself three weeks to see changes. I have been trying to lose the 15 or so pounds I put on after two moves and adopting a dog. So far, it's been 2 months and I've dropped around 5 but it's been a really hard struggle compared to the last time I lost the weight.

The most frustrating part is having a good eating day: clean, healthy and not seeing any weight loss (or even a gain!) and ending up around where I was for the last week.  One trick I've been using is weighing myself in the morning and at night. If you do it enough there's always a positive, whether you lost weight from morning to morning or maybe you don't see the high number from yesterday or realize you haven't seen x pounds in a week.

The trick to the gym is habit and a bit of finding the fun in it. I love the routine of the gym which is ironic because I hated it in highschool. Now I look forward to going to lift weights and running around. Find something whether it's the feeling of tired muscles, out of breath or just a pump and strive to get there every day. 

Basically I've tried doing these mindhacks and I feel like I have finally broken through my plateau and can get onto the next phase of weight loss.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Finally some good results to report! While not seeing much progress so far in terms of weight - at least not as much as I'd like - I did manage my way to the gym four times last week with no particular agenda other than to focus on a particular muscle group each day. I did legs on Tuesday, arms on Thursday, chest and back on Friday, and then Saturday I went in for a one hour cardio session using a pre-programmed interval workout on the elliptical. If I can simply keep this up for a few weeks, I'm sure to see some quick results as I tend to lose weight rather quickly. The only challenge I really have with the gym is trying to not overdo it. I did pretty well for the most part, buy I definitely over worked my triceps on Thursday and they're only just now beginning to return to normal. I won't let that pain deter me though, I'll just pace myself better next time. Hoping to get back in the gym tonight for another round on the legs or maybe just some more cardio. I have a lot to squeeze into a small window this week as I'll be heading out of town with the family for the weekend.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 2/25/2019 at 7:33 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Finally some good results to report! While not seeing much progress so far in terms of weight - at least not as much as I'd like - I did manage my way to the gym four times last week with no particular agenda other than to focus on a particular muscle group each day. I did legs on Tuesday, arms on Thursday, chest and back on Friday, and then Saturday I went in for a one hour cardio session using a pre-programmed interval workout on the elliptical. If I can simply keep this up for a few weeks, I'm sure to see some quick results as I tend to lose weight rather quickly. The only challenge I really have with the gym is trying to not overdo it. I did pretty well for the most part, buy I definitely over worked my triceps on Thursday and they're only just now beginning to return to normal. I won't let that pain deter me though, I'll just pace myself better next time. Hoping to get back in the gym tonight for another round on the legs or maybe just some more cardio. I have a lot to squeeze into a small window this week as I'll be heading out of town with the family for the weekend.

good to hear! I hope it all goes well next week as well.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Two workouts in already for this week. Leg day on Monday and then did another 1-hour cardio workout last night. Probably won't be at the gym tonight because of other things going on and heading out of town for the weekend on Friday morning so we'll see if I can squeeze something in Thursday. Hopefully, going to play Friday after we get to my in-laws. I scheduled a tee time at the local course it'll just be dependent on the weather.  FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Glad to hear that you've made cardio a fundamental element of your program! So many people "hit the gym" but don't fully improve their overall fitness. Plus it helps burn cals and boost your metabolism. Keep it up 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

13 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Glad to hear that you've made cardio a fundamental element of your program! So many people "hit the gym" but don't fully improve their overall fitness. Plus it helps burn cals and boost your metabolism. Keep it up 👍

Thanks! Cardio is a must if you really want to improve your fitness and go harder on the weights. The heart is a muscle that needs to be worked and you have to develop proper breathing technique if want to really max out your potential. It's not my favorite part of going to the gym, but it is and always will be mandatory. 🙂 

The last week was a bit of a mess with travel, but I still got in the gym and went last night as well. Starting to feel like I can push myself a bit more. While doing cardio intervals last night, I found I was able to go faster during my speed rounds than what I had been. Going again on Thursday probably and then hopefully on Friday as well.

Finger crossed, golf may be a possibility on Friday. I think I'm just one more cold snap away from committing myself to an asylum at this point... Also looking forward to the 15th when I will be going to get my irons and wedges adjusted for loft and lie. I spoke with the fitter last week and although he doesn't have time to fit me in for a full bag analysis, he will be able to check me for lie angle and get the clubs sorted for me. I'm hoping he plans to knock them out while I'm there (he's pretty quick) and if he does, I plan to go meet a fellow spy for the first time and play with them at their home track.

2019 is shaping up to be a great year so far and I have a lot more to share with you guys in the coming weeks. 🙂 

20 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

The last week was a bit of a mess with travel, but I still got in the gym and went last night as well. Starting to feel like I can push myself a bit more. While doing cardio intervals last night, I found I was able to go faster during my speed rounds than what I had been. Going again on Thursday probably and then hopefully on Friday as well.

Finger crossed, golf may be a possibility on Friday. I think I'm just one more cold snap away from committing myself to an asylum at this point... Also looking forward to the 15th when I will be going to get my irons and wedges adjusted for loft and lie. I spoke with the fitter last week and although he doesn't have time to fit me in for a full bag analysis, he will be able to check me for lie angle and get the clubs sorted for me. I'm hoping he plans to knock them out while I'm there (he's pretty quick) and if he does, I plan to go meet a fellow spy for the first time and play with them at their home track.

2019 is shaping up to be a great year so far and I have a lot more to share with you guys in the coming weeks. 🙂 

Sounds great keep up the good work! 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a fantastic thread and congrats to you, @TR1PTIK, on all the progress you've made! I particularly appreciate OCD-like approach because I did something similar from 12/2016 to 9/2017. I had messed with various diets over the years (did a couple bodybuilding shows during my junior and senior years of high school), but I had never tracked macros. Long story short, I caught a look at myself in the mirror one day and weighed in at 235. I looked and felt like absolute garbage and was stressed the hell out. Ultimately I went from 235 to 175 over the aforementioned time frame (dropped from 27%ish to 10%ish bodyfat) and my love for fitness and nutrition has returned. I with you 100% on some of the struggles that pop up along the way when working to drop weight, but it's a worthwhile endeavor!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

7 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

This is a fantastic thread and congrats to you, @TR1PTIK, on all the progress you've made! I particularly appreciate OCD-like approach because I did something similar from 12/2016 to 9/2017. I had messed with various diets over the years (did a couple bodybuilding shows during my junior and senior years of high school), but I had never tracked macros. Long story short, I caught a look at myself in the mirror one day and weighed in at 235. I looked and felt like absolute garbage and was stressed the hell out. Ultimately I went from 235 to 175 over the aforementioned time frame (dropped from 27%ish to 10%ish bodyfat) and my love for fitness and nutrition has returned. I with you 100% on some of the struggles that pop up along the way when working to drop weight, but it's a worthwhile endeavor!

Hey thanks! It's never fun when you reach "that" point, but as the saying goes, sometimes you just have to hit rock bottom. While it certainly could be worse for me, this is pretty much it in terms of fitness. It's always a struggle, but slowly getting back into good habits. It helps now that the weather is better and I don't mind grilling a bunch of food for the week. The warmer weather also means I'll likely go back to my home workouts since I can get outside and run  - I struggle with treadmills because I'm a bit heavy-footed.

6 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Hey thanks! It's never fun when you reach "that" point, but as the saying goes, sometimes you just have to hit rock bottom. While it certainly could be worse for me, this is pretty much it in terms of fitness. It's always a struggle, but slowly getting back into good habits. It helps now that the weather is better and I don't mind grilling a bunch of food for the week. The warmer weather also means I'll likely go back to my home workouts since I can get outside and run  - I struggle with treadmills because I'm a bit heavy-footed.

Man I remember the feeling of reaching that point like it was yesterday, and I'm thankful it served as the wake up call I needed. I turned 40 in January so it has become even more of a priority for me now of necessity and a little paranoia 😂. I still track food (MyFitnessPal is my BFF) and my wife thinks I'm crazy, but the method works so I'm sticking with it. I hope your gainz result in good things for your golf game!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Well, mixing it up again. My wife and I started doing a BeachBody program yesterday called "Lift 4" (she's a BeachBody Coach). I gotta say I'm really enjoying it and I enjoy the quality time working out alongside my spouse. The only issue I'm having so far (aside from being unable to lift like I used to) is the wake-up call. Due to the fact that my workday starts at 6AM, our first alarm goes off at 3:45AM!!! I am not a morning person, but what I do love about morning workouts is that they seem to give me more energy for the day (contradictory I know). Hoping to see this through to the very end of the program and get some more substantial results than what I've been seeing so far just trying to squeeze the gym in here and there. My wife is in pretty good shape so having her there to motivate me is a huge bonus that I think will keep me going. 🙂 

23 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Due to the fact that my workday starts at 6AM, our first alarm goes off at 3:45AM!!!

Oof. I thought my 5 AM gym days were early.

Glad to hear things are working out for you (no pun intended). I'm sure you will see great results from the BeachBody program.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

Oof. I thought my 5 AM gym days were early.

Glad to hear things are working out for you (no pun intended). I'm sure you will see great results from the BeachBody program.

Yeah... One of the drawbacks of working a 4-10 schedule, but the great thing is I'm off (almost) every Friday and get to go play golf!

I gotta say I was a bit skeptical about BeachBody when my wife signed on to be a coach - and I do still have some concerns - but the workouts are legit and so far seem to induce the perfect amount of fatigue for me. It's enough to notice, but not so much I can't move which is something I struggle with when I go to the gym and do things on my own.

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Well, mixing it up again. My wife and I started doing a BeachBody program yesterday called "Lift 4" (she's a BeachBody Coach). I gotta say I'm really enjoying it and I enjoy the quality time working out alongside my spouse. The only issue I'm having so far (aside from being unable to lift like I used to) is the wake-up call. Due to the fact that my workday starts at 6AM, our first alarm goes off at 3:45AM!!! I am not a morning person, but what I do love about morning workouts is that they seem to give me more energy for the day (contradictory I know). Hoping to see this through to the very end of the program and get some more substantial results than what I've been seeing so far just trying to squeeze the gym in here and there. My wife is in pretty good shape so having her there to motivate me is a huge bonus that I think will keep me going. 🙂 

I had a teacher who worked for me who came into school about an hour and a half before school started.  He would open the weight room and do a workout, and invited kids in to join him.  He got a pretty good following for 6 a.m.  He told me after about a year of this that he felt it did more to improve his teaching than any workshop or class he'd ever taken.  

2 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Yeah... One of the drawbacks of working a 4-10 schedule, but the great thing is I'm off (almost) every Friday and get to go play golf!

I gotta say I was a bit skeptical about BeachBody when my wife signed on to be a coach - and I do still have some concerns - but the workouts are legit and so far seem to induce the perfect amount of fatigue for me. It's enough to notice, but not so much I can't move which is something I struggle with when I go to the gym and do things on my own.

When my son was in high school, I got him P90X, which he never did.  I decided to do it myself.  Lost 50 pounds in 90 days, and at 42 was in the best shape I'd been in since high school.  It's not that way now, but if I could find the time and space every day, I'd go right back to it.  It may be one of the best all around fitness programs I've seen.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Everything looks real good, man. Anyone on this venture will tell you that 2 things are key. 

1. Nutrition - You lose weight being in caloric deficit. It's that simple.

2. Consistency to a regimen - Continually working out harder *SMARTER* every gym session is the key. It'll always be the key. 

I'm not a registered dietician and I'm not a personal trainer but, through trial and error and youtube and self application / watching others, I'd consider myself savvy on the topic. I can help with a few tips if you're looking for some:

- Always remember that people eat better to LOOK healthy, they workout to ACT healthy, and they do both to BE HEALTY. Take that to heart and you can't lose.

- Always progressively overload and add weight only if you're ready to do so. No one gets stronger by benching 135 for 4 sets of 10 for 1 month straight twice a week. Your plateau is your body getting used to the work.

- Do NOT stretch before a work out. Warm up and keep hydrated but, do not stretch. Stretch after and breathe while doing it. Go slow and take your time when stretching.

- Lastly, it sounds like you're looking to lose a good amount of weight quickish. Implement intermittent fasting with a 6 or 8 hour eating window. I don't have much weight to lose and with this, I did start seeing lbs go away all the while gaining strength.

Message me if you have questions. Have fun with it. Seeing changes and feeling better is a good feeling for me so it's cool to spread the positivity whenever possible. 

• 9 months later...

Well I clearly didn't keep up with this thread very well. I could think of a number of factors to blame it on, but honestly I just lost motivation to do what I really needed to do last year. Anyway, I can at least report that I was able to lose some weight in 2019, but my overall level of fitness is still not where I want it to be. Now, with a (very small) 24-hour gym located in my apartment complex, I am back on a good path. 

Basically, I've maintained all of the same objectives, but have also added Super Speed Golf to my training as well (I'm hoping I can improve club speed by +/- 10% over the course of a year). Here's a good look at my last couple of workouts:

IMG_0678.thumb.PNG.8969ec437693eae9cc3aab59dcbaebbb.PNG

IMG_0679.thumb.PNG.b082e989f0ab5845cff7727764ce4d5f.PNG

EDIT: BTW, I'm using a Polar H7 chest strap heart rate monitor with the Fitiv app on iOS to log my workouts. I also have a WHOOP 3.0, but find the Polar to be much more accurate. The WHOOP is better for monitoring daily activity and sleep/recovery patterns and has been very useful since my wife and I decided to become members during their Black Friday sale.

Edited by TR1PTIK

Was dragging a** all day yesterday, but eventually got my butt into the gym for another workout. I forget to put on my Polar H7 and launch Fitiv. I even forgot to start an activity on WHOOP, but at least their app lets me do it after the fact. So for comparison's sake, here's a look at last night's workout plus the other workouts and a round of golf using WHOOP:

IMG_0686.thumb.PNG.e17f1cca1fcd017c8f2bf1db0c46b0f6.PNG

IMG_0687.thumb.PNG.0e11e1faa0ffa85e30bf06d8e1629595.PNG

IMG_0689.thumb.PNG.4d97f87d067af519b3f76d5a75f604f8.PNG

IMG_0688.thumb.PNG.878a0d912b8d99111fbc4c55b94e5f95.PNG

WHOOP under reports on heart rate and calories burned due to the differences in technology, but all things considered, I think it's not unreasonably inaccurate (for it's primary purpose). Based on what I've seen so far, it appears to report about 400-600 calories less than my Polar chest strap even though heart rate tends to be relatively close. Some of this could have to do with the apps as well. Fitiv allows me to choose between the WHOOP sensor and the H7 when starting a workout so I may have to select the WHOOP one time to try and get a more direct comparison.

Also, you may notice that my heart rate got up a bit when I was golfing the other day. Let's just say I was racing to get a few more holes in before sunset lol.

Edited by TR1PTIK

On the Super Speed Golf side of things, I've completed three sessions so far and am happy with the way things are going. The only issue I've encountered is that timing the workout can be difficult sense I'm doing this in the gym. Due to other people being present, I had to do the second session AFTER my workout instead of before like you're supposed to do. Surprisingly, my speeds didn't dip too awful bad, but I am having some trouble with consistency due to the placement of the monitor and where my swing speeds are peaking. I need to get a better handle on this for more reliable results, but that's the worst of it so far.

Here's a look at my first three sessions:

1218961001_Screenshot2020-01-04at1_36_36PM.png.f84b0b7e1c1b137a439403c5a991a24a.png

I realize I only need to record MAX speed with each club, but I like to see all swing data as it tells me how consistent I am during my workout (something that needs to improve in regards to technique and monitor location).

Looking forward to continuing my workouts like this - a combination of SSG and other programming. A great side-effect I've experienced doing this is that my body seems to be better prepared for my workouts and I'm significantly less sore the day after. 

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

On the Super Speed Golf side of things, I've completed three sessions so far and am happy with the way things are going. The only issue I've encountered is that timing the workout can be difficult sense I'm doing this in the gym. Due to other people being present, I had to do the second session AFTER my workout instead of before like you're supposed to do. Surprisingly, my speeds didn't dip too awful bad, but I am having some trouble with consistency due to the placement of the monitor and where my swing speeds are peaking. I need to get a better handle on this for more reliable results, but that's the worst of it so far.

Here's a look at my first three sessions:

1218961001_Screenshot2020-01-04at1_36_36PM.png.f84b0b7e1c1b137a439403c5a991a24a.png

I realize I only need to record MAX speed with each club, but I like to see all swing data as it tells me how consistent I am during my workout (something that needs to improve in regards to technique and monitor location).

Looking forward to continuing my workouts like this - a combination of SSG and other programming. A great side-effect I've experienced doing this is that my body seems to be better prepared for my workouts and I'm significantly less sore the day after. 

I keep records of averages and maxes as well. Good luck with the program! I am a few more sessions into my second run at it and am liking my results again.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Still going strong though I did miss a workout last night. I'm blaming it on our 2 year old who woke us up ready to play sometime around 3AM in the morning yesterday and I never could manage to fall back to sleep. Not a huge deal; I'll be making that up tonight and then push my last workout of the week to Saturday (possibly).

As of this morning I am down 4 LBS without really changing anything in my diet!

Super Speed is going well too; was looking at their protocol videos on YouTube, and think I may actually try to setup a little further away from the monitor. I'm not always seeing the speeds I would expect, but I noticed in the video that the girl was swinging the club a bit higher and further away from the monitor. 

Hoping I can get out and golf this Sunday, but with wind gusts expected to hit upwards of 30 MPH I'm wondering if it will be worth it. Monday and Tuesday will be much warmer and less windy if I can figure out a way to go then...

12 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Super Speed is going well too; was looking at their protocol videos on YouTube, and think I may actually try to setup a little further away from the monitor. I'm not always seeing the speeds I would expect, but I noticed in the video that the girl was swinging the club a bit higher and further away from the monitor. 

I've had the most success making sure to set the radar up pointing upward as far as the stand allows and then getting to be a decent 9-12 inch distance from it. 

Also, seeing your Whoop data inspired me to take the plunge. It should be here sometime this month.

Keep up the great work!

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

41 minutes ago, edingc said:

I've had the most success making sure to set the radar up pointing upward as far as the stand allows and then getting to be a decent 9-12 inch distance from it. 

Also, seeing your Whoop data inspired me to take the plunge. It should be here sometime this month.

Keep up the great work!

Yeah, I think I’ve been setting up a bit too close. I need to read the papers again, but I should be able to back up at least a couple of inches.

My wife and I love WHOOP so far. Yes, it can be a bit of an investment but the sensors in the device are really good and this thing is about as rugged as can be without being encased in rubber or something. Seeing the recovery and sleep data is eye opening and I really like the ability to use their Strain Coach.

New this year, is the ability for anyone on the platform to create and join teams. That was primarily something reserved for coaches of teams before. If you want to join a team of golfers, you should reach out to Andrew Jensen on Instagram. He made a team and it’s really cool to see how your daily habits compare to those of a professional and other golfers on the team. I just wish we could actually communicate to team members through the app. I expect they will add that sometime in the future because I’m sure they’re already getting questions about that.

Doing my cool down right now. Just wanted to quickly note that stepping back from the monitor a couple inches definitely helped! Swing speeds were much more in line with what I was feeling. Peaked at 129 doing the step-change drill and hit 126 doing a normal swing (both with the green club). 110’s with blue club, and 100’s with the red club. Don’t know what the heck that really means until I check with a club and ball but it seems fast.

Almost finished with my third week back in the gym. Every workout seems to require a little less effort, and I'm finding it easier to motivate myself to go. I haven't seen much change in my weight, but my expectations for that have been pretty low since I haven't changed my diet and my workouts are only 1-1.5 hours, 3 days per week. On the speed training side of things, I'm feeling a difference, but I haven't measured it with a real golf club. I'm trying to wait until I actually complete the first level of training to see what gains have been made. Here's a quick look at my last session though:

696013524_Screenshot2020-01-17at10_10_20AM.png.392ebdcfa1625154eda14f69d3553032.png

Speeds look pretty good IMO for the normal swings, but struggling with the step-change drill. Either my timing and placement is simply off, or the swing just sucks - that's not a hypothesis, it's just plain fact lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit since my last post. The past couple of weeks have been up and down health wise so I haven't been making it to the gym. Trying to focus on the things I can easily control though and watch my eating. Hopefully I can get back at it once this cold clears up. 

• 3 months later...

Well, I think this is now attempt No. 3 at weight loss and documenting in this thread. I wanted to wait a bit this go around to see if I could actually make some progress before I started talking about all the "wonderful" things I want to do or currently am doing to be successful. I'm happy to say that so far it has worked! On Friday April 24, 2020, I weighed 235.8 lbs., and this morning I weighed 230.8 - exactly 5 lbs. in 12 days!!!

What I'm doing differently:

• I've been hesitant to count calories before because I struggle to accept the inaccuracies of it all. However, I finally broke down and admitted to myself that while inaccurate, a close approximation of calories is better than not counting at all. More importantly, the thing I forgot about and hadn't considered before is that counting calories does a lot to motivate me and keep me on track. 
  • The other thing I'm doing a little different, is drinking water - about a gallon per day minimum - almost exclusively. I haven't had any soda or sweet tea in almost two weeks. The only thing I've had besides water is two or three 8 oz. glasses of orange juice, maybe four or five 8 oz. glasses of skim milk, and one or two margaritas with a cheat meal this past Saturday. 
  • Tracking weight only and not worrying about body fat for the time being. I'm tracking weight exclusively in MyFitnessPal and will just wait for any changes in body composition to show up in the mirror.

What I'm doing the same:

• As I have before, I am doing Christian Henning's Shed Pounds to Shave Strokes in conjunction with SuperSpeed Golf to get the heart rate up and add some distance to my bag. It's a bit awkward at the moment to try and find a viable open space in my apartment complex while the gym is closed, but I'm hopeful the property manager will be able to open that back up soon - it will also make the HIIT portion of my workout much easier with a treadmill, recumbent bike, elliptical, stair climber, and row machine available to use.
  • Tracking workouts and recreation with WHOOP and FITIV Pulse via my WHOOP Strap 2.0 and a Polar H7 chest strap. I figured out how to enable the WHOOP strap to work with FITIV to see if there was any difference in the way the two apps calculated calories burned. I was happy to see that the two apps are very consistent and that the differences I was seeing before simply has to do with the differences between heart rate monitors and their location. WHOOP has a tendency to under report, which is what I expected based on what I know about the technology.

Other notes about my current progress:

• Aside from dropping weight, I am noticing an uptick in energy - particularly in the mornings where I tend to drag the most. 
  • I've also seen a steady increase in HRV as calculated by WHOOP and a steady decrease in resting heart rate. If I were to try and attribute this to anything, I'd say it's because I am drinking so much more water and have cut out carbonated/caffeinated drinks. I've only just started working out again this week so most of the changes I've seen to date are because of the dietary improvements I've made.

That's it for now. I'm scheduled to do another workout sometime today so perhaps tonight or tomorrow I will post some screenshots of that and maybe even share some of what I've been tracking with MyFitnessPal.

Ordered some weighted jump ropes that arrived in the mail today. I've put together a little HIIT schedule to do with them every day. Will be adding some bodyweight exercises as well here and there and I've got a kettlebell ordered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

12 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Ordered some weighted jump ropes that arrived in the mail today. I've put together a little HIIT schedule to do with them every day. Will be adding some bodyweight exercises as well here and there and I've got a kettlebell ordered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sounds like a good start! I wish I were in shape enough to actually do jump rope. It's so bad now that I'm completely winded in about 30 seconds. Trying to do HIIT would just kill me! LOL. For my HIIT right now, I've been walking/marching in place then doing jumping jacks while I work my way back into things. Once my gym opens back up, I'll move onto the row machine (assuming I can get in under the capacity restrictions that will be in place). After I feel enough weight loss and cardiovascular gains to do so, I'll probably start running and/or doing jump rope again. 

Another quick update on my progress, I'm down a few more lbs and into the 220's! At my absolute highest I was around 246 lbs. From where I started a couple weeks ago I was 235.8. Today's weight was 229.8!