Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Fat to Fit - My Journey to Better

I'm in terrible shape. I'm just building up to the schedule I put together. If I do even one round, like I did today, I'm better off than I was not doing it and then as one round gets easier I can add the second round and as that gets easier I can add the heavier ropes and stuff. Just got to build up to it.

Sounds like a good start! I wish I were in shape enough to actually do jump rope. It's so bad now that I'm completely winded in about 30 seconds. Trying to do HIIT would just kill me! LOL. For my HIIT right now, I've been walking/marching in place then doing jumping jacks while I work my way back into things. Once my gym opens back up, I'll move onto the row machine (assuming I can get in under the capacity restrictions that will be in place). After I feel enough weight loss and cardiovascular gains to do so, I'll probably start running and/or doing jump rope again. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

2 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I'm in terrible shape. I'm just building up to the schedule I put together. If I do even one round, like I did today, I'm better off than I was not doing it and then as one round gets easier I can add the second round and as that gets easier I can add the heavier ropes and stuff. Just got to build up to it.

Jump rope is hard. I am in decent shape, but 500 jumps this morning plus the rest of the Golf WOD that I did was probably one of the hardest workouts of my life.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I bet. I did 5 rounds of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off today with my 1/4lb rope and I'm feeling it already. The set of ropes I got came with a 1/4 lb and a 1/2lb rope with slim handles and a 1lb and a 2lb rope with heavy handles. My plan right now is to do it 6 days a week but only use the heavier ropes 3 days a week while I just use the lighter ropes the other days. I've put together a spreadsheet with about 40 rounds of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off mixing up the rope weights to build up to each day. That's going to be a ways away with my current fitness level but at least it's something to work towards.

Jump rope is hard. I am in decent shape, but 500 jumps this morning plus the rest of the Golf WOD that I did was probably one of the hardest workouts of my life.

Duplicate post for some reason. Please delete.

19 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I bet. I did 5 rounds of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off today with my 1/4lb rope and I'm feeling it already. The set of ropes I got came with a 1/4 lb and a 1/2lb rope with slim handles and a 1lb and a 2lb rope with heavy handles. My plan right now is to do it 6 days a week but only use the heavier ropes 3 days a week while I just use the lighter ropes the other days. I've put together a spreadsheet with about 40 rounds of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off mixing up the rope weights to build up to each day. That's going to be a ways away with my current fitness level but at least it's something to work towards.

Good work on the rounds. I'm using a super lite rope designed for cross-fit to go for speed. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Second workout in the books. Just did the same as yesterday. Was feeling some soreness in the calves this morning for sure. Today was easier though. Didn't have any issues timing my jumps until the last round when I was gassing out a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Was out of town visiting family last week and wasn't really able to get any workouts in due to limited space inside and the fact it rained most days outside. Despite eating terribly (so I could enjoy some of my favorite local spots back home), I didn't gain much if any weight. Stepped on the scale for the first time Monday morning and weighed in at 230 lbs. Did some intermittent fasting that day and weighed in at 227 lbs yesterday morning. After a fairly normal day of eating yesterday (I did eat a bigger dinner than normal, but still hit my daily intake goal), I weighed 229 lbs this morning.

Need to get back on the workout train, but I'm determined to keep going on this weight loss journey. I'm sure I've stated it before, but my goal is to get somewhere around 175 lbs. I don't have a specific timeframe for that goal, but based on previous weight loss, I'd say somewhere between 6-9 months is possible depending on how much muscle I add during the same period. Considering I'm not looking to be a body builder or NFL linebacker, I think I can get there.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour