Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Motorbikes and Scooters on Golf courses

tony@CIC

Hmm, wonder if these will tear up the fairways (literally): https://www.golf.com/gear/2019/01/23/our-favorite-things-the-best-from-the-pga-merchandise-show/

On the other hand I really liked the remote controlled electric cart from Club Car called Tempo Walk: https://www.golfchannel.com/video/2019-pga-merchandise-show-demo-day-club-car-tempo-walk

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I think it’ll be fine in the long run. It shouldn’t cause any more damage than carts or pull carts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Kinda like the club car model. Never was much of a surfer dude. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It would be nice to have one of these bikes, but there isn’t a course anywhere around here that allows outside carts to be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I’ve seen them used on a couple courses. Recently on a very wet course. They are lighter than a golf cart and much more course friendly. Plus you never have two guys going to one balls as you often do in golf cart golf. Everyone heads in their own direction.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

If you are refering to the finncycle these are just accidents waiting to happen in my view.

Guys will race them, go off road and crash. Someone is bound to go over a green or skid to a halt creating a huge furrow.

Wind will no doubt blow them over when stationary, or the stand sinks into a really soft part etc etc

I like the small 4 wheel ones you stand on, they look more practical..and safer.

As for the remote control one that follows you, just watch it make a straight line to you as you walked around a bunker to see it dive in head first! Going downhill might end up with you being run over as well!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

How much more lazy must we become?  I don't want to get on a soap-box but the older I get, the more respect and admiration I have for the game as it is played in the UK.  Golf in the US doesn't need more fluff and filler.  It needs more golf!

If you are refering to the finncycle these are just accidents waiting to happen in my view.
Guys will race them, go off road and crash. Someone is bound to go over a green or skid to a halt creating a huge furrow.
Wind will no doubt blow them over when stationary, or the stand sinks into a really soft part etc etc

I like the small 4 wheel ones you stand on, they look more practical..and safer.

As for the remote control one that follows you, just watch it make a straight line to you as you walked around a bunker to see it dive in head first! Going downhill might end up with you being run over as well!

Not to mention add in some drinking and it’s a whole different game

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

The US has about 25 million golfers and the UK iirc is under 2 million. Using carts and even more so having individual carts such a these or the golf boards help with pace of play and thus make the rounds more enjoyable and not too long. Also allows courses to get mire golfers on the course.

We also have courses who landscaping and design aren’t always walker friendly.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Aside from the comment about wind (which is highly unlikely given the low CG these would likely have), how would this differ from traditional golf carts? There are numerous videos on YouTube of people misusing carts and I've seen plenty more examples in person. Don't think the Finncycle will do anything to change that (positively or negatively).

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Aside from the comment about wind (which is highly unlikely given the low CG these would likely have), how would this differ from traditional golf carts? There are numerous videos on YouTube of people misusing carts and I've seen plenty more examples in person. Don't think the Finncycle will do anything to change that (positively or negatively).

Theoretically this should speed the pace of play up, most people who use riding carts really have no idea on how to use a cart to keep with pace of play, my group is a 4 some of walkers, so why can we keep up with a 4 some in 2 carts most times and a lot of times waiting? To much back and forth, riders usually just sit in the passenger seat waiting to be driven to their ball ( don’t get defensive if your a cart rider, this not always the cases I get that)

My buddy is going to get one of the cycles.  He would have got the fat tire one last year but we don't have any local dealers and shipping from AZ was $500.  Now he's waiting to find out more info about the Finn Cycle first, but he's already got permission from SWMBO so it'll happen soon enough.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

11 minutes ago, Peterpc2828 said:

Theoretically this should speed the pace of play up, most people who use riding carts really have no idea on how to use a cart to keep with pace of play, my group is a 4 some of walkers, so why can we keep up with a 4 some in 2 carts most times and a lot of times waiting? To much back and forth, riders usually just sit in the passenger seat waiting to be driven to their ball ( don’t get defensive if your a cart rider, this not always the cases I get that)

I guess I mostly meant that it wouldn't change anything in terms of people being dumb with them. I certainly see how it could help with pace of play. Also, I'd definitely buy one if ever I had the option. I pretty much love all things with two wheels.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The US has about 25 million golfers and the UK iirc is under 2 million. Using carts and even more so having individual carts such a these or the golf boards help with pace of play and thus make the rounds more enjoyable and not too long. Also allows courses to get mire golfers on the course.

We also have courses who landscaping and design aren’t always walker friendly.

I have no issue with mechanical transport on the course. I think you have misinterpreted my post as being against these aids, far from it, some of them look great fun and a way to scoot round a course super quick, and safely.

I was only referring to the finncycle and remote control trolley and my opinion on some of the potential issues.

If you have ever played a links in the UK the wind will absolutely blow these 2 wheeled bikes over.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I guess I mostly meant that it wouldn't change anything in terms of people being dumb with them. I certainly see how it could help with pace of play. Also, I'd definitely buy one if ever I had the option. I pretty much love all things with two wheels.

Your 100% on that one for sure

6 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

There are reasons for thinking that the golf motorcycle might have a higher proportion of dumb incidents. The first is just self-selective: in general, the people who opt for the golf motorcycle over the golf cart aren't going to be timid, risk-averse folks. It's probably going to skew somewhat younger and confident. That isn't the fault of the motorcycle, to be sure, but it's definitely a reason to think that there would be a higher ratio of incidents if you give people the option of the bikes.

The second is just the nature of the bike itself. You can try to do fun things with a golf cart (and YouTube has no shortage of videos of people being idiots with them). But they are designed to be boring. The bike looks fun; unfortunately, fun is intoxicating for some folks, and one thing leads to another....

I'm not at all against the idea of the bikes, in themselves. They would absolutely be an asset for pace of play. But I strongly suspect that more people would be dumb with the bikes.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 minute ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

There are reasons for thinking that the golf motorcycle might have a higher proportion of dumb incidents. The first is just self-selective: in general, the people who opt for the golf motorcycle over the golf cart aren't going to be timid, risk-averse folks. It's probably going to skew somewhat younger and confident. That isn't the fault of the motorcycle, to be sure, but it's definitely a reason to think that there would be a higher ratio of incidents if you give people the option of the bikes.

The second is just the nature of the bike itself. You can try to do fun things with a golf cart (and YouTube has no shortage of videos of people being idiots with them). But they are designed to be boring. The bike looks fun; unfortunately, fun is intoxicating for some folks, and one thing leads to another....

I'm not at all against the idea of the bikes, in themselves. They would absolutely be an asset for pace of play. But I strongly suspect that more people would be dumb with the bikes.

The problem isn't that fun is intoxicating, it's the 10 beers they drink before driving the golf bike that are intoxicating. I think smaller personal 4 wheeled carts are the safest and best for pace of play. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

As someone who rode and raced Dirtbikes, At 50 I would still end up in trouble on one, Oh gee I can jump that or Climb that.. then you throw an idiot on one, after a few beers... Game over... I guarantee it. but they do look like fun for about 10 min.. then I would be looking for things that i should not be trying... 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

My course tested one out but they had no desire to.pursue them. I guess the weight limit put a real damper on their interest.

Maybe we wil see Rickie Fowlet riding pne on the course with his shirt un-tucked. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Maybe we wil see Rickie Fowlet riding pne on the course with his shirt un-tucked. 

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

We got to ride them at Lake Nona on Monday - they don’t go any faster than a golf cart, and I honestly can’t see them being a danger to the ground - not any more than a golf cart would be. They don’t have much speed or starting torque - you really can’t “peel out,” so to speak. A Harley, it ain’t

But they are fun. They won’t turn a normal person into an idiot. And they won’t keep an idiot from being one.

I remain firmly convinced, however, that the answer to pace of play issues is not vehicular in nature.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Idiots will be idiots, there’s no getting away from them.

I was thinking about two wheeled transports on the course and started thinking about courses that are hilly or have lots of mounds or moguls. The weight of the bag along with simple kickstand will not hold that combo up.

And riders trying to navigate those hills and side slopes will not be a pretty picture either.

Best we stick with four wheels.

I would still like to try it though. After all, I’m smarter than the average bear

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What it lacks in stature, at a fraction of the cost, this means of conveyance works just fine for me.

post-68431-0-84648300-1498075734_thumb.jpg

The background...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20077-your-golf-rig/

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

35 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

What it lacks in stature, at a fraction of the cost, this means of conveyance works just fine for me.

post-68431-0-84648300-1498075734_thumb.jpg

The background...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20077-your-golf-rig/

$2000 bag of clubs, $50 mini bike. What could go wrong? 

All in all though, your reasoning behind it is sound.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I think the FINNCycle is cool, but in the real world it may have limited applications.Our membership is mostly 50+,  with a lot of septuagenerians, and this would not be a widespread option. Also, I have to imagine insurance to have these at a course would be a lot more costly than for an EZ Go cart. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

31 minutes ago, GB13 said:

$2000 bag of clubs, $50 mini bike. What could go wrong? 

All in all though, your reasoning behind it is sound.

Hahahaha! Yeah - it’s probably only a matter of time before I properly crash this thing (even though I _never_ hotdog it). And if my insurance providers ever catch wind of this setup it’s going to be a nightmarish actuarial table overlay.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Archived