TESTERS WANTED! ×

Riding Golf Carts

fixyurdivot

I hope this is the appropriate sub forum for the thread?  So my wife and I have been looking at these golf centric, resort style communities as a full time living option.  Most recently several around Tucson. A good many of the homes we've looked at have a golf cart garage.  As I've mentioned in other threads, I prefer to and love walking my golf rounds but the way these courses are typically designed, they really don't support doing that (too many long distances between greens & tees). The pro shop (course managed by Troon) said folks do walk it but more so during shoulder seasons when course play is much lower.  Considering the prices of these, it would seem ROI's are sporty.  But, my wife commented that having one to run to/from the rec center or neighbors would be handy - hey, who am I to argue?

The Copper Canyon GC has stipulations concerning the manf of personal carts.  No older than 5 years and only these mfg's. (EZ-GO, Yamaha, Western, Club Car, and Columbia). Having never owned one, I know little about which are better and why.  Who on the forum owns their own cart and what were the deciding factors in your purchase?  Gas vs. electric?  I see like most products these days, there are lots of options and a wide range in price.  I fall into the nuttin fancy, best value group when making purchases.  Suggestions?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I don't own a cart, but I've always liked Yamaha and you can't deny they know engines.  At the same time, electric carts are good because of the torque offered by electric motors and the quiet operation might be better appreciated in a resort community. Just my thoughts. I'm sure there's someone here with actual firsthand experience to offer.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I have 2 EZGO carts, both electric.  A 2006 TXT and 2012 RXV.  Since you have to be 5yrs old or newer I'd stick with the RXV.  In our neighborhood community by far most have RXV, but the big three all make great carts (Yamaha, EZGO, Club Car).

A couple reasons I choose the RXV, I wanted a 48 volt cart, most are now but my older TXT is only 36v.  The EZGO has regenetarive breaking.  When you let off the gas it starts slowly breaking automatically which gives a little bit of charge back to the batteries.  I liked the layout of the dash and the biggest reason is the availability of parts and accessories.  You can find pretty anything you want for it and it's readily available.

I went electric over gas for both carts as well.  I like the quiet ride of electric, and you don't have to worry about running out of gas.  Yes you can still run out of battery, but generally you know how far or long you can go on a charge and as long as you always plug it in when you get home you shouldn't have to worry.  One big negative is battery replacement.  Expect to spend $800+ when you have to get a new set.  I've been getting 3-5 years out of a set.

You can also program the RXV to go faster via the onboard chip.  With 14" rims I can hit 24-25mph with everything else stock.

2 last things for you.  EZGO makes a new version of the RXV with Lithium batteries.  They have 3 different models based on the expected range.  I think it was 25, 35 & 45 but I could be wrong.  That's how many miles you are supposed to be able to go on a charge.  The lithium battery version is more expensive, but they guarantee the batteries for 5 years, there is zero maintenance (no cleaning terminals or filling battery cells with water) and they weigh about 300 lbs less than standard batteries.  If I could go back and do it again I would seriously consider going this route.  The biggest reason I didn't was cost.  I was able to completely customize and accessorize my used cart for less than the cost of the stock lithium new.

Last one is a different brand that you didn't list.  They are new company so might be worth asking if this brand would be accepted or not.  It's called Evolution carts and they come stock with a ton of features for less money than the big guys.  I have 2 buddies that bought them last year and they have both been happy with them.  The negative is since they aren't as big yet there isn't a ton of accessories for them and parts are harder to find.  But bang for your buck they are a great value.

That ended up much longer than I anticipated, but if you have any specific questions just let me know.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

A couple of thing to consider:

There are plain golf carts, like the ones people are used to renting at courses.  And there are modified carts designed for golf and street use.  If your wife wants a cart for running around the development, a modified cart might be better.

My parents had an electric cart in Mesa.  They sold it and went to gas.  The summer heat in Arizona was hard on batteries and they needed to be replace every couple of years.  My parents were in Arizona only in the winter, so the cart would sit for my months at a time.  I don’t know if carts used year round are similarly affected.  

I have a Club Car that I bought new in 1992 and it has been reliable.  I keep thinking about replacing it, but it runs well, so why replace it.  

I have a 2008 EZGO RXV we've owned since 2009 and are pretty happy with it. We're on our second set of batteries 2nd set is now 2 yrs old.

One thing to find out is the local ordinances for carts. We are on a private road that leads to the course and our Club so no issues. However, if we wanted to take it on public roads it would have to be street legal which requires; signal lights, windshield wipers, seat belts, and must be titled with license plates. If you're in a golf community and on plan on using it there, it shouldn't be a problem but double check.

From April to November our cart gets a lot of use. In prime months - lots of times 27 holes a day. The biggest maintenance item is the electrical system: batteries and making sure there isn't corrosion on the terminals or lugs (much more prone than in your car).

I occasionally play at a course that has gas carts and I much prefer the electric. Smoother operation and I don't have to worry about fuel.

If you're buying a used electric and it needs batteries don't scrimp. One way to tell the quality of the batteries is by weight the best quality batteries are the heaviest (more lead in the battery).

We didn't know anything about carts when we bought ours - our decision was based on the dealership: longevity and customer service.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 4 weeks later...

I have to EZGO work horse models that are gas powered.

IMO the top three are EZGO, Club car and Yamaha

In the last few years club car and EXGO have changed the way the golfer sits in the car with new suspensions that are more independent of the cart which is an excellent feature again IMO.

Electric is more right on demand for power where the gas has to wind up just slightly. Although I give the nod to the gas models for torque and power. Both can go fast just how far is dependent on your driving habits and condition of the car.

While in those communities you may find that a "custom" car is a fun way to meet people traveling to and from the store. The kits to turn your cart into a hummer or 57 chevy can be done DIY if you are handy.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

2 hours ago, Charli said:

No older than 5 years old? Can you lease them?

I'm not sure.  That requirement did come with an asterisk that "the pro shop can authorize use of older carts on a case by case basis".  I cannot see way a well cared for cart, even 10+ years old, would make a difference and not be acceptable.  I plan to ask about this on our upcoming visit. To shell out $5-7K for a new cart and have it become outdated 5 years later is looney tunes.

I'm not sure.  That requirement did come with an asterisk that "the pro shop can authorize use of older carts on a case by case basis".  I cannot see way a well cared for cart, even 10+ years old, would make a difference and not be acceptable.  I plan to ask about this on our upcoming visit. To shell out $5-7K for a new cart and have it become outdated 5 years later is looney tunes.

More like 8-9K

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

With the pending move to Sun City Grand, I'm refreshing this thread as I'll soon be looking to buy a street legal electric cart.  I also just stumbled on a post by @Rickpshowing the new cart his wife forced him to buy 🤣...  and that got me thinking about this forthcoming acquisition.  SCG only allows electric, so that's the power option.  Apparently there is a long time store in Sun City West that sells new and used carts and that will likely be my first stop.  

All 4 courses at SCG allow walking and I will still opt to do so as much as I can.  I'm really hoping a good many on the men's league still walk; the times we've been there over the last few years looking at homes, I did see quite a few walkers 👍. But, because so many residents use their carts to go to/from the rec centers, sport courts, courses, walk trails, happy hours, etc., having a cart will be of benefit for more than golf.

So please show off those electric, street legal, buggies and tell us about its pros and cons.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

With the pending move to Sun City Grand, I'm refreshing this thread as I'll soon be looking to buy a street legal electric cart.  I also just stumbled on a post by @Rickpshowing the new cart his wife forced him to buy 🤣...  and that got me thinking about this forthcoming acquisition.  SCG only allows electric, so that's the power option.  Apparently there is a long time store in Sun City West that sells new and used carts and that will likely be my first stop.  

All 4 courses at SCG allow walking and I will still opt to do so as much as I can.  I'm really hoping a good many on the men's league still walk; the times we've been there over the last few years looking at homes, I did see quite a few walkers 👍. But, because so many residents use their carts to go to/from the rec centers, sport courts, courses, walk trails, happy hours, etc., having a cart will be of benefit for more than golf.

So please show off those electric, street legal, buggies and tell us about its pros and cons.

Last time I was in SCG (or thereabouts), the major grocery stores had cart parking near the front of the store.  You could always ride to the course, then walk.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Last time I was in SCG (or thereabouts), the major grocery stores had cart parking near the front of the store.  You could always ride to the course, then walk.  🤣

Ha.  Maybe I should look into a One Board... could you imagine the looks I'd get in that demographic? 😊

On 8/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Only thing I can suggest is go with the brand that has the strongest parts and service availibility in your area. In my area EZ-Go has a strong presence followed by club car. Then again we have quite a plethera of independant cart outlets. If you are mechanically inclined and do your own maintenance you can order parts off the net

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, Bosox04 said:

We were considering moving to the Savannah area, and I looked at some carts on line. One consideration should be the frame material. Most had steel frames, which can rust. The ones with aluminum frames were better for an area with high humidity.

Go with the Club Car because of the aluminum frame.  I have a Club Car Onward Li Ion cart and love it.  A lot of the members here have Club Car, both electric (lead acid and Li-Ion) and gas and most are happy.  Yamaha and EzGo also make fine carts, but as you indicated, the steel frame in a coastal area is a consideration....of course, you could always apply undercoating or rust resistant paint to the frame, but that's a pain to do correctly.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 1/24/2019 at 9:35 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I hope this is the appropriate sub forum for the thread?  So my wife and I have been looking at these golf centric, resort style communities as a full time living option.  Most recently several around Tucson. A good many of the homes we've looked at have a golf cart garage.  As I've mentioned in other threads, I prefer to and love walking my golf rounds but the way these courses are typically designed, they really don't support doing that (too many long distances between greens & tees). The pro shop (course managed by Troon) said folks do walk it but more so during shoulder seasons when course play is much lower.  Considering the prices of these, it would seem ROI's are sporty.  But, my wife commented that having one to run to/from the rec center or neighbors would be handy - hey, who am I to argue?

The Copper Canyon GC has stipulations concerning the manf of personal carts.  No older than 5 years and only these mfg's. (EZ-GO, Yamaha, Western, Club Car, and Columbia). Having never owned one, I know little about which are better and why.  Who on the forum owns their own cart and what were the deciding factors in your purchase?  Gas vs. electric?  I see like most products these days, there are lots of options and a wide range in price.  I fall into the nuttin fancy, best value group when making purchases.  Suggestions?

I’ll try not to get carried away.  We live in a community in FL where there are 10’s of thousands of carts.  We’ve had 2 so far both Yamaha gas, they are bulletproof!  We ordered an electric cart, Star with Lithium battery .  This is our 1st electric so we’re a bit cautious about it.  Probably hang on to our Yamaha gas until we know it’s OK.  The EZGO electric send to be a decent cart but I liked the Star as it was more comfortable for longer rides.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 8/20/2022 at 6:02 AM, fixyurdivot said:

This is a 2006 Club Car Precedent. 6” lift, 23” AT tires, auto watering system. Sun City Summerlin in Las Vegas. Used for golf, going to gym,pool, neighbors, restaurants, grocery, CVS, Dollar Store. Batteries last 5 years, tires 4 years

EE0D8155-A46C-4AA7-8DAF-673A77BDB3F0.jpeg

“Golf does not build character, it reveals it”

• Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Diamana D+ 60 stiff
  • Fairway: Titleist 913F Diamana D+82 stiff
  • Hybrid: Titleist 913H Diamana D+92 stiff
  • Irons: Titleist AP1 714 Aerotech i95 stiff
  • Wedges: Volkey SM5 50*55*60* True Temper S300
  • Putter: Tour X
  • Ball: Snell MTB

We've owned an EZ-Go RXV for about 2 years. It has upgraded wheels / tires, and a package that lets it max out around 24-25 mph. We originally got it with lead-acid batteries, and upgraded to Lithium Ion about a year ago. DEFINITELY go LI, just WAY easier to maintain, and holds a charge forever. 

q3xqzhnyefdKjXvib9-EkSqK1Sr3IyGz2W6MuZuIFVk8vTcJ8qE1NK32heHDHoRBASmwWZABd0DkEg3OKGQYfiv0GjJ1z05x1D78rmv1ywCMEWdtZInLKDf0U4muDf91pn1yGcSNlsehpRILtaOuo6iF-6kSZJ2ZLrUscFj86uVfjhT5JoidTZFm5kVOz0rnThiocYDmuNuMBYME4Gnq4YCQ5t5a8-QIqYM_nJtuA30gMeFtJT9GHhcSeyMQE4TVC2S5vZlY_PlS4ccbh-LeAQD1wWy2LHMn8bzaPSleOFZq94BU1Te2ha3wK6YGuLW1KuaJIRq70ymv-HlDX3aTrJlferWAjfZwZaLC8gzjW1kDuf9UvC_jdSQoCBkjuOPI-w0G2t4CB98SuBBLD8tDBjTgy4D0mEgNB8GuABgBcUoW4OPSYEEoSdVy9p-ne4BZI_VnBzJGj2eWwhwiwlxPJVH-iHoGKYs9XRSTMnF91RbqFhb4czit0dwPnbhaJ5mADDoazJW8d8TLfezrjoNBzj6l4kd0e0tb704J3QC_rnFC8RFz6ap4Q9exZgTd4dZ9nu_Y7eJp2vnqDXpp_rPXd9Dn9Aqx93vwPvIJCaUbPZak38PZKIIK3ni4EJgpKURkdxUMhc9xiEDOUReFPVEXhjoak5GFuWyGPiRFxYtB6GjmgvzZ3eXgrZqR91we1RjIYLJ8I3-AERgJYnS49EaYG5ISPMe9-5j4ZH4xLy_iOaKnureSgG-YuFSXdWZIQKdLgjRKiQgHREv8Q0KWD4h4D-BxDKKSyQkASTEw=w1154-h1538-no?authuser=0

11 hours ago, Bosox04 said:

We were considering moving to the Savannah area, and I looked at some carts on line. One consideration should be the frame material. Most had steel frames, which can rust. The ones with aluminum frames were better for an area with high humidity.

One of my side lines before I got hurt was redoing old steel EZ GO frames. I used to strip the body all the way off and re do and box in the frame. I always double undercoated the finished product. Sometimes I would do the body change thing did a couple of 57 Chevy and Rolls Royce conversions. Now I never did more than a couple a year. I have in the past bought some stock ones with frame problems and fixed and sold them for some profit. Now days it is not profitable because usually carts in that shape they have been sitting up and the batteries are shot or the gas engine is in need of rebuilding. And now days the cart business is super competive around here. I know of 2 dealers and 5 independant shops just in the tiny town of Surfside Beach. Had a guy the other day I guess he dragged a rough Club Car out of the bushes somewhere. Wanted to sell it to me for like $250 I passed and told him he would be better off scrapping it. That thing was rougher than a night in the county jail. Materials are high as crap now and really with the remodling I have going at the house now frankly I do not have time. And to be real I can not work like I used to and I would have had too much time in it. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

We live close to the beach and most who have carts use EZG0 or Club Car, electric, of course.  You only need gas if you live in the hills or live way out in the country.  Some municipalities have restrictions regarding how far you can take it from your residence and some require licensing on the cart.  NO ONE under 16 can driver them and must have a valid drivers license.  Some courses have a user fee if you use your own cart on the courses.  Have a dealer in our city who specializes in conversation carts and does a thriving business.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

One of my side lines before I got hurt was redoing old steel EZ GO frames. I used to strip the body all the way off and re do and box in the frame. I always double undercoated the finished product. Sometimes I would do the body change thing did a couple of 57 Chevy and Rolls Royce conversions. Now I never did more than a couple a year. I have in the past bought some stock ones with frame problems and fixed and sold them for some profit. Now days it is not profitable because usually carts in that shape they have been sitting up and the batteries are shot or the gas engine is in need of rebuilding. And now days the cart business is super competive around here. I know of 2 dealers and 5 independant shops just in the tiny town of Surfside Beach. Had a guy the other day I guess he dragged a rough Club Car out of the bushes somewhere. Wanted to sell it to me for like $250 I passed and told him he would be better off scrapping it. That thing was rougher than a night in the county jail. Materials are high as crap now and really with the remodling I have going at the house now frankly I do not have time. And to be real I can not work like I used to and I would have had too much time in it. 

There’s still quite a few retired guys here who are mechanically inclined and rebuild for themselves older carts into custom carts usually reflecting their former employment like Fire Engines.  One of my buddies has rebuilt 2 one for him and wife.  Came out great.  Anotguy took an old bumper car and mounted it on old Yamaha chassis.  Looks kinda stupid.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

My new cart.

9248F79C-8B99-48D7-B3B0-892157962DC7.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

There are at least a dozen deluxe (non) golf carts that buzz around our neighborhood all the time. Owners use them to go to the pool, drop off kids or to visit friends homes. Seems extravagant to own, and make space for, but their money.

Most look something like this…knobby tires, upgrade rims, lifted, cushy, bench in back.

4E427EF1-D8BC-496A-A95B-53D4FB1A5A99.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 minute ago, Middler said:

There are at least a dozen deluxe (non) golf carts that buzz around our neighborhood all the time. Owners use them to go to the pool, or to visit friends homes. Seems extravagant to own, and make space for, but their money.

You’re probably talking about cars/carts like the Atomic.  There’s quite a few here also mostly as a 2nd to golf cart.  SWMBO was looking at a couple of them last week.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

I've got a 2008 EZGO RXV that's been running great. We do have to buy one this fall for our place in FL. and will end up with either EZGO or Club Car as  those are the 2 local dealerships area. Both dealerships sell reconditioned carts (generally in the 2016 era with new bushings/shocks/batteries) at a much better price than brand new one. 

If I was to get a lead acid - I'd opt for 48 volt over 36 but would definitely pay a few extra $$ for Lithium. Lead acid requires ongoing maintenance. Also one with a foldable front windshield. Note: I occasionally ride with a friend who has a cart with a fixed full front windshield - and it can be stifling in the cart on a hot  humid day. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

14 hours ago, goaliedad30 said:

We've owned an EZ-Go RXV for about 2 years. It has upgraded wheels / tires, and a package that lets it max out around 24-25 mph. We originally got it with lead-acid batteries, and upgraded to Lithium Ion about a year ago. DEFINITELY go LI, just WAY easier to maintain, and holds a charge forever. 

q3xqzhnyefdKjXvib9-EkSqK1Sr3IyGz2W6MuZuIFVk8vTcJ8qE1NK32heHDHoRBASmwWZABd0DkEg3OKGQYfiv0GjJ1z05x1D78rmv1ywCMEWdtZInLKDf0U4muDf91pn1yGcSNlsehpRILtaOuo6iF-6kSZJ2ZLrUscFj86uVfjhT5JoidTZFm5kVOz0rnThiocYDmuNuMBYME4Gnq4YCQ5t5a8-QIqYM_nJtuA30gMeFtJT9GHhcSeyMQE4TVC2S5vZlY_PlS4ccbh-LeAQD1wWy2LHMn8bzaPSleOFZq94BU1Te2ha3wK6YGuLW1KuaJIRq70ymv-HlDX3aTrJlferWAjfZwZaLC8gzjW1kDuf9UvC_jdSQoCBkjuOPI-w0G2t4CB98SuBBLD8tDBjTgy4D0mEgNB8GuABgBcUoW4OPSYEEoSdVy9p-ne4BZI_VnBzJGj2eWwhwiwlxPJVH-iHoGKYs9XRSTMnF91RbqFhb4czit0dwPnbhaJ5mADDoazJW8d8TLfezrjoNBzj6l4kd0e0tb704J3QC_rnFC8RFz6ap4Q9exZgTd4dZ9nu_Y7eJp2vnqDXpp_rPXd9Dn9Aqx93vwPvIJCaUbPZak38PZKIIK3ni4EJgpKURkdxUMhc9xiEDOUReFPVEXhjoak5GFuWyGPiRFxYtB6GjmgvzZ3eXgrZqR91we1RjIYLJ8I3-AERgJYnS49EaYG5ISPMe9-5j4ZH4xLy_iOaKnureSgG-YuFSXdWZIQKdLgjRKiQgHREv8Q0KWD4h4D-BxDKKSyQkASTEw=w1154-h1538-no?authuser=0

Couldn't open the link. Just curious did you do the lithium upgrade yourself? Cost? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart