revkev

Penny makes a comeback!

That is awesome news. Congrats to you and penny for such great progress.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Seeing a smile like that has to make your day! Heck it made mine better and I've never met her or you.

• Like 1

IMG_1597.thumb.JPG.7d5430e98a3ac477c9d22f0d99aaa78e.JPG

I know we haven’t had an update for a while. For those who are new my daughter has CP and also has been afflicted with an horrible auto immune disorder known as PANDAS. She basically lost a year of school trying to recover.

Last week we got a double batch of good news. Her neurologist is so pleased with her progress that she is weaning her off of the all day IVIG treatments that she’s had every three weeks for the last year and a half. Also future treatments will be at our house rather than the hospital!

On the school front Penny is taking a full schedule of AP and honors classes. Despite missing a full day of school every three weeks and the missed year she’s bounced all the way back to being on honor roll. Her GPA prior to this mess was a 4.3 so there’s still some room for her to improve but this is a remarkable achievement.

IMG_1598.thumb.JPG.8cc28dd0e9a3400e6dc7ec17df24c6ef.JPG

She says thanks guys for your prayers and well wishes. That smile is my Penny. Her wit, humor and passion for life have returned.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Awesome,Rev. you know I have been away from the Forum for some time, between work and some family issues but I always glance at the site to see how certain people are fairing. Penny is one of them, So glad to hear she is doing better. Some day when I have a few moments I will share an experience about a young Iraqi child who also had CP and what we did. I may have hung a photo of it a few years ago...

Anyway Rev, take care, hit em straight and all the best to you and yours.
  • Like 1

That's fantastic news my friend! Hopefully on one of my Florida trips I'll be able to meet this incredible young lady.

• Like 1

Awesome news and congrats to Penny.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, ddryan said:

Awesome,Rev. you know I have been away from the Forum for some time, between work and some family issues but I always glance at the site to see how certain people are fairing. Penny is one of them, So glad to hear she is doing better. Some day when I have a few moments I will share an experience about a young Iraqi child who also had CP and what we did. I may have hung a photo of it a few years ago...

Anyway Rev, take care, hit em straight and all the best to you and yours.

I'd love to hear about that - I have a deaconess friend who works with disabled children in the South Sudan - it is heartbreaking to see what little those children have.  Sorry to hear about the challenges that you are facing, thanks for the kind words and hears wishing you a great summer!

That's great news!!  I'll bet Penny is happy that she doesn't have to go to the hospital.  

Outstanding on the Honor Roll!!  Penny... just because you are there, doesn't mean you can slack off.  Keep it going!

• Like 1

Terrific news Rev, we do so love Penny and wish her well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Incredible, the resilience of the human spirit and incredible how much of it Penny has...... 👍

Happy for her and for you, Rev! 

• Like 1