TESTERS WANTED! ×

Letters Golf - PGA SHOW (PICS!)

Tony Covey MGS

Dan, thanks for posting here. Can you share a little on what you were telling me at the booth regarding the grinds, finishes, and European following.

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch. You spoke with my colleague, but I'll give you a little more info. John Letters are proud to be Scotland's favourite clubmaker since 1918, we have won 13 Open Championships, and Lee Trevino and Gary Player both won Opens as John Letters Staff players. In 1949, 8 of the 10 GB players at the Ryder Cup were John Letters Staff Players. My favourite fact is that we were Frank Sinatra's club of choice!

We have a Tour Van in the UK that will be attending 40 events this season, a mixture of consumer demo days and European, European Seniors, and Challenge Tour events. On the van we offer a total custom fit service. The wedge options you were told about include wedge grinding,reshaping, torching, and custom stamping. These services will also be offered in our showroom and custom workshop that has just opened in St Andrews, around a 260 yard drive from the 18th green on the Old Course.

I hope answers your questions.

• 3 years later...

Beautiful clubs and an impressive record and roster. Funny. I've been around since 1918 and never heard of them.  :wacko:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

They do make some nice looking irons, you can find them in some of the big stores in the UK - I'll sometimes pick them up and have a waggle.....

I guess a lot of UK players don't really know them - a shame really.

Their irons for better players always look very tidy indeed.

Liking Furu's cavity backs by much.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

For info the Master Model Black in 3-pw is going to set you back around £550 in then UK, guess that's about $830? Not that I really want a 3 iron. That's from Directgolf.co.uk.

Not bad for an 8 iron set of forged clubs looking that good Id suggest? Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating; I'll try and test some at some point and report back.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

not very jealous at all......

Always available for testing sessions in the UK furu!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I must admit, these letters irons are extremely clean looking.  I even like the black oxide ones above.  Thanks for sharing.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived