Jump to content
Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

I've had decent luck with some of the AmazonBasics products in the past but just saw they have golf nets now.  Pretty decent prices if the performance is there, has anyone tried them before?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLBSK5F/?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=4f8733e821c911e98dde266c2775f9cb0INT&th=1

A1-15KVhtcL._SX569_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the amazon reviews, it sounds like it could be a little sturdier, but for a fraction of the price of usual nets, it seems pretty hard to beat. I may look into this more..


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is the guy in the product pic swinging left handed?  With the club backwards?
One-upping "the match" marketing team

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, romeopapazulu said:

Is the guy in the product pic swinging left handed?  With the club backwards?

He clearly has more skill than we could ever hope to have... 😱

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late last year I'd found a SKLZ 8x8 Quikster, similar look to the Amazon one, for about $80 with tax and shipping. It has a pretty heavy duty frame and definitely strong netting, plus a removable target screen you can hang in front. Setup / takedown is simple and reasonably quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Rukket Haack Net, which also looks very similar. I have it setup in the garage with my Skytrak. Sturdy and has held up well so far. If there's a return policy, for the price of the Amazon Basics one...doesn't hurt to try it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks to be a pretty good deal. I've been looking for something for the garage, and this looks pretty darn good.

I had been contemplating a full cage light net hung from the ceiling. This seems a little easier to manage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

I have the Rukket Haack Net, which also looks very similar. I have it setup in the garage with my Skytrak. Sturdy and has held up well so far. If there's a return policy, for the price of the Amazon Basics one...doesn't hurt to try it out.

I have this net as well and love it. Wish I had Skytrak to go with it. What I really need though is a good mat. Been hitting off the tiny Callaway mat that's about the same size as a piece of paper...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have this net as well and love it. Wish I had Skytrak to go with it. What I really need though is a good mat. Been hitting off the tiny Callaway mat that's about the same size as a piece of paper...

 

I found a 5x4 for $89. Bought through Dura-pro. So far so good. Not the thickest but works for what I need it to do . Also something I’ve done is get those interlocking foam workout squares and put them under the mat. Helps quite a bit

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

 

I found a 5x4 for $89. Bought through Dura-pro. So far so good. Not the thickest but works for what I need it to do . Also something I’ve done is get those interlocking foam workout squares and put them under the mat. Helps quite a bit

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I can't believe I hadn't thought about the workout foam before. That'd be the easiest and cheapest solution to start. Long-term, I definitely want a large quality mat though. I've got a heated garage so I could really get a lot of use out of it during the off-season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I can't believe I hadn't thought about the workout foam before. That'd be the easiest and cheapest solution to start. Long-term, I definitely want a large quality mat though. I've got a heated garage so I could really get a lot of use out of it during the off-season.

Works well. I have 4 large square I combine and put under my mat. Gives it a good thickness and sits under the entire mat so it doesn't feel uneven.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 7:47 AM, JudgeSmails said:

reviews aren't too bad, prob worth a shot.....

 

not sure about this guys form though

Capture4444.PNG

That's an epic stack-and-tilt.  Inquiring minds want to know... is he at the top of his follow through after a whiff?  Or is he at the top of his backswing, about to hit the ball with the back of the club.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×