TESTERS WANTED! ×

Love For Original Ernie Vadersen Snake Eyes Wedges?

sumadoggie

Hey folks.  I have two sets of Ernie Vadersen original Snake Eyes wedges (10, 11, 12).  His wedges - grinds, head shape and hosel design (moreso on the 11 and 12) - are the best looking and playing wedges I've ever had; and I judge every wedge I try out against his designs.  I even had a set of his Snake Eyes MB1s back in 1998-2000.  Anyone remember or still play his gear?  

Another reason for this post is that I'm finally thinning out my old gear and am gauging interest about if people only play conforming gear these days?  Does anyone pull out their nonconforming wedges for fun?  I'm toying with the idea of having a set of these rechromed for the fun of it and releasing the others to auction heaven.

I would have liked to seen photos of those wedges you're talking about. Post some if you have them.

All the clubs i'm currently playing are conforming. I don't play tournaments any longer (except maybe the city championship and our club championship - Sr. flight). However, and I'm guessing you're referring to grooves. As far as I'm concerned and in my opinion non-conforming grooves that used to be conforming never had any discernible effect on my game or anyone else's I know of. I never go back to older sets or clubs I own so playing a non-conforming wedge for example isn't a thought. If somebody wants to play with non-conforming grooves that's fine with me. It won't make any difference.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Unless you are playing in top amateur and pro events or local events where the 2010 groove rule is in effect, irons and wedges made prior to 2010 can still be used until 2024.  The USGA and R&A will evaluate this rule again in 2020 to see whether use of older equipment will be extended beyond 2024.

Yes, I'm interested in seeing photos as well!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I used those snake eyes wedges for years, even have a new unused set. I've used the taylor made smoke rac tp wedges since. Haven't found anything better especially for the rough we have on our course around the greens. The TM's cut through better than my vokeys, pings, or mizunos. Haven't tried the old SE's in awhile so I might give them a whirl.

• 7 months later...

Hello 

I play the EV clubs and wedges. In most tournaments I play in and have not had any problems or complaints. I do check them before I start and if they don't except them I use Mizuno MP's.

20190830_101023.jpg

Edited by MannyL

I do not play comps any more so I use what I damn well please---- Recently I had a set of the Forged Smith and Wesson Snake Eyes irons, Those had a little too much offset for my eye--- Ended up giving them to a friend of mine in Florida because he actually worked for Snake Eyes during the S&W days. I think I still have some of the Snake Eyes wedges over in my other building left over from the golf shop days. Actually I play a lot of classic stuff on a regular basis. None of the groups I play in gives two hoots what anyone plays. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G