Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist Introduces New Players and Hybrid Golf Bag Collections – Players 4 Plus Model In Play This Week on PGA Tour

Golfspy_CG2

Press Release:

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 28, 2019) – Titleist, Golf’s Symbol of Excellence, introduces five new golf bag models across two distinct categories – stand and hybrid – for the 2019 season.

TITLEIST PLAYERS COLLECTION: The Titleist Players Collection stand bags – Players 4 StaDry, Players 4 Plus and Players 4 – offer feature-rich designs for dedicated golfers seeking a lightweight stand bag without sacrificing storage or durability.

The Players 4 StaDry is the ultimate performance option for golfers that walk in all weather conditions. Fourteen percent lighter than the prior generation model, Players 4 StaDry offers the same lightweight construction and features as the Players 4 – including a 25 percent increase in strap padding for more comfort while carrying – but with premium waterproof materials and seam-sealed protection. The Players 4 Plus is designed for golfers seeking the versatility and comfort of a lightweight stand bag but with extra storage options.

To commemorate the launch, the Players 4 Plus will be on display this week on the PGA Tour, carried by the caddies of Titleist brand ambassadors competing in the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The black, white and red bag model is one of 13 colorways in the Players 4 Plus line.

TITLEIST HYBRID COLLECTION: The new Titleist Hybrid Collection bags are distinctly designed for golfers who like to walk and ride, offering the perfect blend of premium cart and stand bag features.

The two new models – Hybrid 14 and Hybrid 5 – combine the versatility of a Titleist stand bag with an added cart strap loop that allows access to the valuables pocket when strapped into the cart.

The Hybrid 14, with 14 full-length club dividers, provides superior organization with maximum storage, while the Hybrid 5 offers a more lightweight, cart-friendly design.

AVAILABILITY: The new Titleist Players and Hybrid Collection golf bags will be available in golf shops beginning Feb. 1, 2019, starting at $200. Customization is available on all bag models.

• • •

PLAYERS 4 STADRY: Every element to protect you from the elements
Lightweight, Waterproof Construction

The new Players 4 StaDry is 14 percent lighter than the previous model with a tour-inspired, low-profile top cuff, four full-length dividers and a 25 percent increase in strap padding for more comfort while carrying. The bag features six pockets, including one dedicated for a rangefinder, one lined for a water bottle and a spacious full-length apparel pocket. Additional features and benefits include:

• StaDry waterproof premium, durable nylon construction with seam-sealed zippers and six pockets
  • High-grade lightweight aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability and durability
  • Self-balancing, convertible strap system with dual density foam straps for long lasting comfort
  • Lightweight, tour-inspired, low profile top cuff with four (4) full-length dividers
  • 10 colorways | 6 pockets | 3.8 lbs | $255

PLAYERS 4 PLUS: Get the most out of every round
Lightweight Design, Extra Storage

The Players 4 Plus is for the golfer seeking added storage in a lightweight stand bag. The Players 4 Plus delivers with a larger top cuff than the Players 4 StaDry and Players 4, and seven distinct pockets, including: a dedicated tee pocket above the removable ball pocket; a waterproof valuables pocket and full length apparel pocket; and a dedicated rangefinder and lined water bottle pockets.

• High-grade aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability and durability
  • Self-balancing, convertible strap system with dual density foam straps for long lasting comfort
  • Lightweight, tour-inspired low profile top cuff with 4 full-length dividers and 7 distinct pockets
  • 3 colorways | 7 pockets | 4.3 lbs. | $225

PLAYERS 4: A lighter more comfortable way to play
Lightweight Construction, Premium Materials

• 12 percent lighter than the previous model
  • High-grade aluminum legs and advanced hinged bottom for best-in-class stability and durability
  • Self-balancing, convertible strap system with dual-density foam for long lasting comfort
  • 6 pockets include a soft to touch valuables, full-length apparel, dedicated water bottle and range finder
  • Lightweight, tour-inspired,low profile top cuff with 4 full-length dividers
  • 11 colorways | 6 pockets | 3.8 lbs. | $200

HYBRID 14: Stand bag meets cart bag
Cart-Friendly Design, Superior Organization

• Integrated cart strap tunnel for easy access and added security in golf cart
  • Tour-inspired top cuff with integrated handles
  • 8 total pockets, including two full length apparel pockets for maximum storage
  • 4 full-length dividers and removable ball pocket for customization
  • 25 percent increase in strap padding with dual-density foam and self-balancing, convertible strap system for more durability, cushioning and long lasting comfort
  • 9 colorways | 8 pockets | 5.6 lbs | $240

HYBRID 5: A smooth ride
Lightweight, Cart-Friendly Design

• Integrated cart strap loop for easy access and added security in golf cart
  • Low profile top cuff with 5 full length dividers
  • 7 percent increase in volume over the Players 5 model
  • 7 total pockets, including a removable ball pocket for customization
  • 25 percent increase in strap padding with dual-density foam and self-balancing, convertible strap system for more durability, cushioning and long lasting comfort
  • 9 colorways | 7 pockets | 4.8 lbs. | $230

2019 Titleist_Players4Plus.png

2019 Titleist_Players4Plus_WMO_2.jpg

2019 Titleist Hybrid 14 Players Bag.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Oh man that Hybrid 5 bag... Damnit 

I know right!!  I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag! 😲

Loving the idea of these new hybrid bags this year!  As someone who usually walks with a pull cart but uses buggies during league play and goes to the range a lot this is right up my alley.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

The full array of pictures are up on Titleist's site 

https://www.titleist.com/golf-gear/golf-bags

Good looking bags. I also looked at the Staff Stand bag and like it too. Not a lot of difference between the Hybrid and the Staff I could tell. Nice bags though. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Saw these in the Titleist catalog about a month ago. I’m in the market for a new bag this year and the Hybrid is definitely neck and neck with the Ping Hoofer right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

They stay dry are great bags and I loved the 5 way I had. If I had more titleist in the bag it would be hard not to get anew one

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I know right!!  I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag! 😲

You'll need another bag for those black APs. 😉

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Just now, GB13 said:

You'll need another bag for those black APs. 😉

I didn't want to actually put that in writing, it might make it more real....ha

Those aren't too shabby looking. I've never been a huge fan of Titleist bags, but those are pretty sharp.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The 14 looks exactly like last year’s. I love the gray one with the red trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 1 month later...

I have been back and forth between the Ping Hoofer, Vessel 2.0, and Titleist 5 Hybrid.  Haven't seen the new 2019 Titleist in PA, but was in Bluffton SC at the PGA store and they had the 2019's.  Bag looks great, but I was very disappointed in the zipper and pocket directly above the ball pocket.  The zipper was really cheap and the pocket opened up too wide.  Seemed like that pocket was an afterthought.  They clearly did not use the same zippers they used on the rest of the bag.  It was small, thin nylon zipper...like the kind on a cheap jacket.  So no Titleist bag for me.  

I want to see the new Vessel.  All else fails, I'll stay with the Ping Hoofer...not a bad fall back. 

Archived