Koepka On Pace Of Play: “Guys are already so slow it’s kind of embarrassing."

Our Sponsors

On 2/19/2019 at 2:20 PM, DaveP043 said:

But their bosses, the players themselves, don't care, or resist those changes.

I think this speaks to the fact that the vast majority of pro's (and non pro's for that matter) don't see slow play as being that big an issue. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/1/30/koepka-on-pace-of-play-guys-are-already-so-slow-its-kind-of-embarrassing Not only is Brooks right, but I think it's only a matter of time bef

How to fix Bryson's slow play in 1 easy step...   Pair him with Rory Sabbatini for every round until he is able to keep up on a regular basis.      

Koepka is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  I love his honest and straight forward commentary.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I think this speaks to the fact that the vast majority of pro's (and non pro's for that matter) don't see slow play as being that big an issue. 

I'm not sure that a majority are happy with the current pace of play. I think a big factor is that a majority don't want to be the one who gets a penalty.  Every player has a problem day, one where he spends time looking for balls, or needs a number of rulings, so even fast players can get far enough behind to get on the clock.  Once they're on the clock, another difficult situation could mean they really need to extend their normal routine, and extending that routine brings the danger of "bad times".  So when they start making rules, they try to make it lenient enough that they'll never get penalized.  This is all just my guess, I have no evidence for any of this.

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It’s not like the Tour will all of a sudden start penalizing players, because they have allowed slow play to become the norm for years.  I think they will need at least a year promoting a change, making sure that all players are aware of what the expectations are for pace of play and how the change will be enforced.  I applaud Brooks Koepka for speaking up and getting the conversation started at the player level.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”