Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

$10 for a TaylorMade Tour Spider? What's the best deal you've found?

Waazzupppp

I went putter shopping two seasons ago and completely fell in love with the Black TM Spider putter and the very similar Platinum series. I preferred the black as it didn't have a sight line and just suited my eye a touch better, but I loved them both. I hit a few other putters before coming to my senses and getting the Wilson Grant Park for about $200 less than the TMs.

Fast forward two seasons and I was trolling eBay looking for deals when I found a store selling the Tour Spider Platinum Putter starting at $9.95... I had a $40 eBay coupon to blow, so I tossed a $40 bid on one and waited. I lost it, and began to repeat the process on them until I was bored. I then saw one last one, tossed in a bid of $40 and waited. I got the outbid notice and set my phone down for the night. I got a notification a few minutes later that the bid was retracted and I won the putter with my bid of $40. Just $9.65 shipping out of pocket and I had a new TM Spider.

The putter showed up in about 5 days and is perfect. First 9 holes with it was 14 putts. Can't beat that on slow winter greens. Anyways, I'm just wondering how many of you guys have found deals like this one and do you still play them?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

So it was $49.65?  Still a good deal though.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

• 2 weeks later...

um two years ago when I was waiting for odyssey to send me my o-works #7 as a replacement for the works saber-tooth that broke about 2 weeks after purchase. Completely forgot that I didn't have a putter when I agreed to a round. So on the way to the course I stopped off at golf galaxy to purchase the cheapest used putter they had(and if they didn't have anything super cheap I had another store I could stop at or just bum a putter the round). Found a Nike IC 20 20a for 35. Liked it so much I almost didn't end up using my new #7. That was the first. 

After buying the first nike putter I did some research into what else they had released that I could possibly pick up to collect. After many failed attempts to get one for 60ish on ebay I took a friend golfing at a really crummy course. I was teaching her and she was using a friend of hers set. SO after we finished the round she wanted to go buy her own box set. So we ran to golf galaxy again, she got a box set. while we were there I found the putter I had been looking for. The nike method concept with red face and black back and interestingly enough it already had a super stroke flatso grip on it. Price tag was 40. 

Driver -  :titelist-small: TSi2 10* - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

Fairway -  :titelist-small: TSi3 15* Mitsubishi Tensei White

Irons -  :cobra-small: Speed zone 4/5/6/7/8/9/P with KBS v tour steel stiff shafts

Wedges -   :taylormade-small: 48/54/58 - Tour V wedge shafts 

Putter -  :scotty-small: 2021 Phantom X 5 - 34" w/ superstroke flatso 1.0

Ball -  :titelist-small: Prov 1 optic yellow

Bag - :titleist-small: Players 4 plus stand bag - lagoon/black/charcoal

I just go visit my Dad and he usually gives me stuff he doesn't want.  3 years ago he gave me a white TM Spider putter that I had been using recently.  Free is always good for me.  Granted, the putter he gave me has been beat to hell, and it's not cosmetically appealing, and I think he replaced the original shaft with a cut down iron shaft with a SuperStroke grip, but hey, who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

A $5 ping hoofer. This one was unique in that the material was grey herringbone and the Ping man was cut out.
$20 for a set of Karsten 1’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Krank Formula X Veylix Alpina 573 45" 9*

:755178188_TourEdge:CBX 3 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 43" 15*

Krank Formula X 5 Wood Matrix HD Radix S VIII 42" 18*

Wishon Golf 775HS 3H Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X-Flex  39.75" 21*

Wishon Golf 585HI 3DI  same shaft as irons 38.25" 21*

Wishon Golf 575 MMC Forged 5-A N.S.Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Wishon Golf Micro-Groove HM S, L same shaft as irons 

:EVNROLL: ER7B Gravity Grip 35"

$35 for an entire set of Diablo Edge irons at Golfsmith. I couldn't believe the sticker on them. Looked like they were just tossed in the used section as soon as they were traded in, grooves still filled with dirt, grimy grips, etc. The guy who rang me up couldn't believe the price either.

I took them home, cleaned them up, hit them for the rest of the season, then sold them on eBay for $120. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Archived