Sen

New 2019 Maltby Driving Iron FDI(updated highly requested old HDI)

3 hours ago, bellairemi said:

I especially like that you can substitute the grip in the Club Pak if you pay the difference in cost. 

Plus, this head can be bent versus the original which could not. 

If they haven't changed their policy, I believe you can do the same with the shafts as well. When I ordered my set, the shaft that I wanted wasn't included in any pack deals.. but because the "cost per" was the same, they gave me the shafts that I wanted at the bundled discount rate. I was then also able to get my preferred grips (PURE Pro's) at a slight up charge of less than 1$ per grip. 

Golfworks' customer service is pretty top notch when it comes to that stuff. 

That's extra awesome about being able to bend the club due to the forged body. I'm 6'3" and typically play everything about 2* upright. My Dynacraft has a forged face plate but the body is cast and won't budge so the lie is flatter than I like and an occasional push creeps in from time to time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

If they haven't changed their policy, I believe you can do the same with the shafts as well. When I ordered my set, the shaft that I wanted wasn't included in any pack deals.. but because the "cost per" was the same, they gave me the shafts that I wanted at the bundled discount rate. I was then also able to get my preferred grips (PURE Pro's) at a slight up charge of less than 1$ per grip. 

Golfworks' customer service is pretty top notch when it comes to that stuff. 

That's extra awesome about being able to bend the club due to the forged body. I'm 6'3" and typically play everything about 2* upright. My Dynacraft has a forged face plate but the body is cast and won't budge so the lie is flatter than I like and an occasional push creeps in from time to time. 

I'm 6'3" ish also - it is coming 2* upright

• Like 1

Hi, Yes I have the old 5 and just purchased the new 2,3,4. This head is an absolute game changer. 175 is now my preferred lay up distance. I’ll let you guys know how the 2-3-4 are

• Like 1

To clarify my 5 is the old 5
I have the old 3 in the bag and a 2 some where in my cave. Look forward to picking up one of the new ones.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am using what I have left of the Xcaliber Tour X 85g iron shafts. I believe I'm switching to a Paderson or at least see how I like them. I have the Padersons in quite a few of my clubs now.

i ordered the 2 iron with the kuro kage x flex will be here monday. had to pay for 2 day shipping because i couldnt wait to use it 

• Like 2

Ok all, my first round with the old 5 / New 4(FC ONE 950i steel R) New 2&3(Recoil 660 R) 

A smashing success. I sold my fairways and am never looking back. The 2 is 220 pipe straight off the tee. 3 200 4 185 5 170 All dead straight. Maltby deserves a Nobel Prize :)

• Like 2

Update. Even with Mis hits these Maltby heads are the perfect replacement for your standard hybrids and fairways. I broke 80 for the first time yesterday with a 78 at Arizona National. When your long irons stay on line it makes a huge difference. 180 yard par 3s become very do able and short par for tee shots become cake. 

I use the Maltby TE forged irons with Nippon 950 shafts(great combo and love the irons) but I find it hard to believe these FDI's would out perform my Tour Edge EX10 hybrids with Recoil 670 shafts and E8 Beta 3wood with the Aerotech Claymore shaft and my new CBX #2 iron-wood with the hzrdus shaft, but I've been proven wrong before, lol. Like with the irons, I had Mizuno MP57's before, I'll be hard pressed to get the TE's out of my bag now.

I've never tried the Recoil 660 shafts, how do they compare to the 670?

• Like 1

Walter, I love these heads so much I’m getting the KE4 S iron set 6- Gap with the KBS tour shafts. I love my Yonex blades but...

I don’t know how the recoils compare. But I love the ones I have. The first graphite non driver shaft I’ve ever loved. 

The KEs are really fantastic. I have to start by saying they described him as a player is iron. They are not, they are a game improvement iron and they look the part. However, you can work them. They really perform admirably and are incredibly forgiving. I loved my Yonex Ezone MBs but if I hit the center of the club face they would go 20 yards further than normal. As a 13 handicap I just didn’t hit the dead center of the club face enough. I purchased these as a transitional set As I plan to go get fitted at club champion at some point. My distances are much more predictable with this set and the KBS tour 110s are the best iron shaft I’ve ever played. Overall, really good irons. Just be prepared to adjust to looking at a super fat top line. But they do not just want to go high and left like my Callaway Big Bertha game improvements did. They can hit any shot you want and feel fantastic. 

Apologies for the auto correct spelling errors in the above post. I obviously meant to say they are described as a player’s iron

I'm considering those, my fairway woods and hybrids has lost its starting positions so now I have a 18 to 21 degree gap to fill. I still have the old black KE4 4 and 5. I'll probably build both the new KE4 2, 3 and compare with the Dynacraft's driving iron to see which performs better.

I have the 3 HDI and have loved that club but I had an extra FDI 3 after a customer backed out. I reshafted it exactly like my HDI which has an Xcaliber Tour X. The FDI in satin is a stunning head. Finish is just beautiful.
In play it's been a nice improvement in feel over the HDI which has the DBM finish. The HDI has a much better feel and leaves you with a crushed it feel. I had not tried them head to head but the new one is going a long way. May be my better swing these days but it's just launching the ball.

If you want an iron type hybrid look no further.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Golfworks really botched my order and my ordered in May FDI just arrived last week.. To make matters worse, it arrived with the wrong shaft.  That aside, I'm still trying to decide what to make of it.  We now have our true summer conditions with lots of hardpan and my FDI 4 has been very long - sometimes too long as it rolls through doglegs into the woods, etc.  Feel is lively but solid.  Plays very neutral which is what I was seeking since my left miss was sometimes exacerbated by hybrids.