perseveringgolfer

Sergio Garcia DQ'd for Serious Misconduct at Saudi International

Comes as no surprise as he is a hot head.

I personally saw his disgraceful behaviour towards a young fan wanting his autograph at the Open at Turnberry. Leopards don't change their spots.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11626033/sergio-garcia-disqualified-from-saudi-international-for-damaging-greens 

• Like 1

Yeah. Not thrilled. I thought he might have turned a corner from spitting in the cups. I was enjoying the “Dad” Sergio.

Not a good look for him. It’s bled off on his fellow countrymen a little too.

• Like 1

maybe he was trying to dig for oil?

• Like 2

He was upset that he has to see more of Patrick Reed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

IMG_1375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

CPG is the best...

• Like 1

f****** disgrace. He should have stayed majorless and retire as the classless act he is.

Watching live this morning and absolutely no mention of the first tour player to be DQ'd for serious misconduct on the EU tour since 1972!

The tour and social media went into meltdown when Simon Dyson was DQ'd for tapping down a spike mark in 2013!

I wonder why there is radio silence from SKY Sports golf

• Like 1

That's too bad. I like Sergio the golfer.

I can't in any way condone his actions here. Being DQed is one thing, but there needs to be more serious punishment for this.

• Like 1

That's to bad, thought he left his temper in the past.

Hope he can get his sh!t under control.

First off I wouldn't have played in the Saudi's stinking tournament.  Shove it. But a lot of players did. Shame on them!

But where's the video? I've searched around and nothing I could find. Come on. A player in tournaments can't nick a blade of grass without a camera on it. Shame on Sergio and everyone else that got paid to show up and play.

• Like 4

Welp, this is just confirmation that it is difficult to eliminate your anger problems. I had hoped that Sergio had grown beyond these issues. Hopefully he learns his lesson soon.

23 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

First off I wouldn't have played in the Saudi's stinking tournament.  Shove it. But a lot of players did. Shame on them!

But where's the video? I've searched around and nothing I could find. Come on. A player in tournaments can't nick a blade of grass without a camera on it. Shame on Sergio and everyone else that got paid to show up and play.

https://twitter.com/GeoffShac/status/1092259661758160896

Personally, I could perhaps let the bunker work slide. Kind of funny actually. But damaging greens? Your DQ'd.  Can't wait to see the greens videos. Someone has them.

I believe damaging greens deserves banishment for a lengthy period of time.  I don't care if it's Sergio Garcia or "Joe Smith" at my home club.  A suspension is warranted and should be levied!  Maybe we could figure out some sort of "scarlet letter" type badge of dishonor for them to wear during the suspension period as well!

This says infinitely more about Sergio that it says about the golf course.  Regardless of where the golf course is located.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Personally, I could perhaps let the bunker work slide. Kind of funny actually. But damaging greens? Your DQ'd.  Can't wait to see the greens videos. Someone has them.

From what I've read, Sergio played early, before TV was rolling, so it would have to be a fan video, but the sarcastic posts from that thread say that there were no fans there.  Certain parties were not a fan of them playing this tournament in Saudi Arabia at all.

6 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Certain parties were not a fan of them playing this tournament in Saudi Arabia at all.

Including me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaidJacket said:

Including me

1) it should be on the tour as much as the players if not more. They signed the contract long before the journalist was killed but it’s not likely they were a saint country before that

2) I’m not one to judge a person for what they do so if anyone chooses to play there I’m not losing sleep over it.

3) golf and other sporting events are held in countries with questionable ethics and treatment of humans. 

4) do you buy your gas from companies who do not use Saudi or Venezuelan oil?

• Like 2