TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sergio Garcia DQ'd for Serious Misconduct at Saudi International

Just when I started to think maybe I could finally get behind Sergio and he goes and does this crap which is completely inexcusable. If the guy can't cope with a foot print in the bunker or whatever it was (and I agree it shouldn't be there) then it shows just how weak minded he is. No one wants to find their ball in a bunker that wasn't raked, but sometimes it happens. Just hit the shot and move on. What a cry baby! 

You mean like this?
IMG_2416.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

34 minutes ago, GSwag said:

You mean like this?
IMG_2416.JPG

I've played from worse - move the ball into the foot print. It sucks, but there's no need to have a temper tantrum about it like Sergio did.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I read it was that he didnt like the way it was raked, not that his ball was in a footprint. Footprints are very rare in a Tour competition.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Personally, I could perhaps let the bunker work slide. Kind of funny actually. But damaging greens? Your DQ'd.  Can't wait to see the greens videos. Someone has them.

Looking at the pictures I’d say that a DQ isn’t nearly strong enough. The DQ, a month suspension and payment to the club for repairing the damaged greens sounds about right.

This is very bad

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m surprised that still no video has been released or pictures of the damage done. (Other than the photos from CPG)

I feel that if a player of lesser “prestige” had done something like this, they would be facing penalties beyond a DQ. I can’t understand why his only punishment was the DQ.

It is tough for the European Tour to suspend him knowing that he’ll just play all PGA events, but they need to take some kind of stance that shows this behavior is not tolerated no matter how high the profile of that player is.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Witt Watson had the best take on Golf Central last night.  Sergio earned his appearance fee because if he hadn't thrown a temper tantrum like a petulant child, nobody would be talking about a tournament that probably shouldn't have been played in the first place.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:54 PM, Jmikecpa said:

IMG_1375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I've read from the "Scotsman" and other sources, while there was damage to the greens, it was nothing like what's in these photos. The act was reprehensible, especially for a professional,, and he should have been suspended for the season vs. just DQ'd. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, palvord said:

I’m surprised that still no video has been released or pictures of the damage done. (Other than the photos from CPG)

I feel that if a player of lesser “prestige” had done something like this, they would be facing penalties beyond a DQ. I can’t understand why his only punishment was the DQ.

It is tough for the European Tour to suspend him knowing that he’ll just play all PGA events, but they need to take some kind of stance that shows this behavior is not tolerated no matter how high the profile of that player is.

This occurred  on the front 9 before cameras were following the groups and there really weren’t a lot of spectators at the event cell comeras werent around capturing it.  You do know the photos from cpg are sarcasm.

he was only dq’d because other players complained so in reality nothing would have happened to him if they didn’t complain and the dq for this type of behavior is something that doesn’t occur often. 

I don’t think he got let off easier than someone else

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Kind of like stopping a ball that you’ve just putted off the green in a major tournament - oh wait ...

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Kind of like stopping a ball that you’ve just putted off the green in a major tournament - oh wait ...

Almost exactly like that.

Again, if a player of lesser prestige had done something like that, I feel that the punishment would have actually happened.

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This occurred  on the front 9 before cameras were following the groups and there really weren’t a lot of spectators at the event cell comeras werent around capturing it.  You do know the photos from cpg are sarcasm.

he was only dq’d because other players complained so in reality nothing would have happened to him if they didn’t complain and the dq for this type of behavior is something that doesn’t occur often. 

I don’t think he got let off easier than someone else

From what I understand, cameras are always rolling even if the broadcast is not happening.  They can then use the shots recorded to tell the stories from the front 9 for the viewers when they come on air.

The fact that other players complained points to how poor the behavior is.  It's disrespectul to his fellow competitors as well as disrespectful to the course.  

He was paid to be at the tournament, and then they had to DQ him for his actions.  To me, that seems to be enough of a reason to warrant a harsher penalty than just the DQ.

I could be coming from a place of not being a huge Sergio supporter since he does have a track record of showing himself to be a less than civil person.

2 hours ago, palvord said:

From what I understand, cameras are always rolling even if the broadcast is not happening.  They can then use the shots recorded to tell the stories from the front 9 for the viewers when they come on air.

The fact that other players complained points to how poor the behavior is.  It's disrespectul to his fellow competitors as well as disrespectful to the course.  

He was paid to be at the tournament, and then they had to DQ him for his actions.  To me, that seems to be enough of a reason to warrant a harsher penalty than just the DQ.

I could be coming from a place of not being a huge Sergio supporter since he does have a track record of showing himself to be a less than civil person.

Cameras may be rolling but if they don’t cover all the shots of every player and it’s also a euro event so may be different, but does it really matter if there are pics or not if the damage? He dragged his feet across the greens, we can imagine what the damage looked like. 

I could see forfeiting his appearance fee to whatever charity the euro tour felt to receive it but i don’t know if harsher punishment is needed or not and will leave that to the ones who make the decisions to determine.  We don’t know how many players complained or what the extent of their complaints were.

I agree he has a record of bad behavior but he has been pretty good since he started dating and then married his wife and the birth of his child. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Club Pro Guy is a satire account, so these photos are purposely exaggerated. He's kidding

Based on what I've read from the "Scotsman" and other sources, while there was damage to the greens, it was nothing like what's in these photos. The act was reprehensible, especially for a professional,, and he should have been suspended for the season vs. just DQ'd. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

15 hours ago, palvord said:

you are correct- imagine if they didn't see a 'star player' shoot a 59 or get 2 holes in one etc etc

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Archived