perseveringgolfer

Sergio Garcia DQ'd for Serious Misconduct at Saudi International

Just when I started to think maybe I could finally get behind Sergio and he goes and does this crap which is completely inexcusable. If the guy can't cope with a foot print in the bunker or whatever it was (and I agree it shouldn't be there) then it shows just how weak minded he is. No one wants to find their ball in a bunker that wasn't raked, but sometimes it happens. Just hit the shot and move on. What a cry baby! 

I think Sergio  just dropped a “double turds” in that rant.

Funny,  he got nothing in the end. 

Saw this and it was very disturbing that he thought that he could do that. I understand golf is a frustrating sport, and I myself will drop a couple swear words under my breath after hitting a bad shot. But damaging the course and acting like that is unacceptable.

That being said if the tour has made their decision to move on and he apologized to the players then we should just move on.

1 hour ago, jayjay0808 said:

Saw this and it was very disturbing that he thought that he could do that. I understand golf is a frustrating sport, and I myself will drop a couple swear words under my breath after hitting a bad shot. But damaging the course and acting like that is unacceptable.

That being said if the tour has made their decision to move on and he apologized to the players then we should just move on.

....until his next tantrum

• Like 2

A bit tacky for him to go through the blow-up because the bunker wasn't raked properly! Then going on to damage several greens - really???

He’s almost 40 and married with a kid. He isn’t going to change.  Granted 1 green is too many to damage but in reality golfers at all level get angry and do stupid stuff. Sergio isn’t going to change who he is at this point

i like to see emotion on the course and if the tours tried to stop it gold would be extremely boring. 

Well, he has a history of being hot headed. The worst tantrum I observed by a PGA player, in person, was Craig Stadler at Snoqulamie Ridge TPC. He hit his golf bag with a club, which tore the side open, and spilled a handful of balls onto the fairway. That pissed him off even more so he took another whack at it for good measure.  His caddie tied a towel around the bag to keep the guts from falling out! 🤣

I saw the video and thought it was completely unacceptable.  I've always been pretty ambivalent toward Sergio and probably will continue to be, but it makes me a little sad to see behavior like that.

11 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

He’s almost 40 and married with a kid. He isn’t going to change.  Granted 1 green is too many to damage but in reality golfers at all level get angry and do stupid stuff. Sergio isn’t going to change who he is at this point

i like to see emotion on the course and if the tours tried to stop it gold would be extremely boring. 

Trying telling that to Auric Goldfinger 😂

This is already being discussed at 

Granted, it's technically in the wrong place.

Just when I started to think maybe I could finally get behind Sergio and he goes and does this crap which is completely inexcusable. If the guy can't cope with a foot print in the bunker or whatever it was (and I agree it shouldn't be there) then it shows just how weak minded he is. No one wants to find their ball in a bunker that wasn't raked, but sometimes it happens. Just hit the shot and move on. What a cry baby! 

You mean like this?
IMG_2416.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

34 minutes ago, GSwag said:

You mean like this?
IMG_2416.JPG

I've played from worse - move the ball into the foot print. It sucks, but there's no need to have a temper tantrum about it like Sergio did.

I read it was that he didnt like the way it was raked, not that his ball was in a footprint. Footprints are very rare in a Tour competition.

Personally, I could perhaps let the bunker work slide. Kind of funny actually. But damaging greens? Your DQ'd.  Can't wait to see the greens videos. Someone has them.

Looking at the pictures I’d say that a DQ isn’t nearly strong enough. The DQ, a month suspension and payment to the club for repairing the damaged greens sounds about right.

This is very bad

I’m surprised that still no video has been released or pictures of the damage done. (Other than the photos from CPG)

I feel that if a player of lesser “prestige” had done something like this, they would be facing penalties beyond a DQ. I can’t understand why his only punishment was the DQ.

It is tough for the European Tour to suspend him knowing that he’ll just play all PGA events, but they need to take some kind of stance that shows this behavior is not tolerated no matter how high the profile of that player is.

Witt Watson had the best take on Golf Central last night.  Sergio earned his appearance fee because if he hadn't thrown a temper tantrum like a petulant child, nobody would be talking about a tournament that probably shouldn't have been played in the first place.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:54 PM, Jmikecpa said:

IMG_1375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I've read from the "Scotsman" and other sources, while there was damage to the greens, it was nothing like what's in these photos. The act was reprehensible, especially for a professional,, and he should have been suspended for the season vs. just DQ'd. 

1 hour ago, palvord said:

I’m surprised that still no video has been released or pictures of the damage done. (Other than the photos from CPG)

I feel that if a player of lesser “prestige” had done something like this, they would be facing penalties beyond a DQ. I can’t understand why his only punishment was the DQ.

It is tough for the European Tour to suspend him knowing that he’ll just play all PGA events, but they need to take some kind of stance that shows this behavior is not tolerated no matter how high the profile of that player is.

This occurred  on the front 9 before cameras were following the groups and there really weren’t a lot of spectators at the event cell comeras werent around capturing it.  You do know the photos from cpg are sarcasm.

he was only dq’d because other players complained so in reality nothing would have happened to him if they didn’t complain and the dq for this type of behavior is something that doesn’t occur often. 

I don’t think he got let off easier than someone else

Kind of like stopping a ball that you’ve just putted off the green in a major tournament - oh wait ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Kind of like stopping a ball that you’ve just putted off the green in a major tournament - oh wait ...

Almost exactly like that.

Again, if a player of lesser prestige had done something like that, I feel that the punishment would have actually happened.