Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Sub70 golf

Sluggo42

I had wanted to get by the booth at the PGA Show and never made it.  I was intriqued as well.  I don't know if GS_Barba made it or not.  I know he intended to as well. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I follow them on the old Twitter and I like what they're doing...very tempted but the Bridgestones are too good at the moment.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Unless I'm mistaken, it's the same guys who run Diamond Tour. When I first got into club building, I built a handful of sets of clones from them. They're still my go to source for shafts and grips.

This new company (Sub 70) looks to take that to another level. I'd be surprised if their irons and wedges aren't competitive with anything else in terms of performance. I've become a bit more leery of driver/fairway/hybrid heads from the non-major OEMs, as I think there have been real advances in R&D there in the last few years. But I'll be interested in reviews there as well.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Unless I'm mistaken, it's the same guys who run Diamond Tour

I was curious as I'd never heard of Sub 70 Golf. But you're right. They're Diamond Tour Golf as well.. They have the same mailing address. So... I suppose this is their attempt at being a boutique shop. No problem in my book. Go for it and I hope they're successful.

To me it seems all we ever hear is that golf is shrinking but; I keep seeing various smaller independants springing up all the time. Certainly they out number all the major OEM's combined. Maybe it's like the global warming scam where a small group makes a ton of money off trying to scare some people by preaching gloom and doom. Just look at MGS as an example. They are growing and thriving it seems to me. Boo!! 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Talked with Jason and almost finished ordering a set of “raw” wedges. He is checking to see if he can get the Recoil “SmacWrap” shafts to match my iron set. Hopefully get completed today. 

Custom grip choice, (mcc align +4), a few shaft options, and lofts,lies, and lengths. All hand built, logos down. And still way less than a stock anything, by about a third of the cost. If they work, which i expect absolutely, then winner winner chicken dinner. Seeing how quickly wedges wear out supposedly, this is a great deal. Lucky for them, I’m standard everything. But they’ll dial em in to your request. Forged wedges with all my softening additions should be soft as “buttah”, haha. 

I’ll chime back in after I get them into my grubby paws and start dragging them thru the mud. 

Yay

Edited by Sluggo42

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I, for one, am very interested in how they turn out and feel!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

The more I see of Sub 70 Golf, the more I see to like.

Spend sometime browsing the site and you will see what appears to be very nice looking clubs...in all categories.   And at very good price value. 

Also take note of the demo program.   I know many members here are always asking about such programs from companies.   Sub 70's looks very solid.  It's all laid out in plain language how it works and what they offer.  

Seems well worth the $20 to try out some clubs to see what you think.  

Here's a link to the whole site. 

https://www.golfsub70.com/

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The more I see of Sub 70, the more I see to like.

Spend sometime browsing the site and you will see what appears to be very nice looking clubs...in all categories.   And at very good price value. 

Also take note of the demo program.   I know many members here are always asking about such programs from companies.   Sub 70's looks very solid.  It's all laid out in plain language how it works and what they offer.  

Seems well worth the $20 to try out some clubs to see what you think.  

Here's a link to the whole site. 

https://www.golfsub70.com/

Hmm, I really shouldn't have clicked on that... those clubs look REALLY nice for the price. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor after seeing those forged cavity backs for $520. I paid more for my USED I200's. If the performance is there, the price certainly is! 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Would love to see some spies test some of these products. The concept and prices intrigue me. Some good looking sticks to boot.

Anyone know if they participate in the yearly mgs testing?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

5 minutes ago, bardle said:

Would love to see some spies test some of these products. The concept and prices intrigue me. Some good looking sticks to boot.

They are participating in Most Wanted testing this year. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Who cares if they perform, the name is cool! 😀  @GolfSub70, I was fitted for G400's this past summer and still haven't pulled the trigger on moving on from my PE2's (like getting the old blanket away from Linus).  What in your line up would be comparable?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

They’ve also got some pure MB’s that I’m gunna guess are in the “buttah” category..they’re not on their website just yet.

im really stoked that Jason went out of his way to get the shafts I wanted to give me a seamless blend into my current gamers. It’s looking like they’re all about making their customers exactly what they want...

cant wait!!

1 hour ago, bardle said:

They will be part of the Most Wanted testing.

As for spies testing them out.  I'm certainly intriqued by the demo program and may do that once the weather is more stable here.   Right now it's going from 63 one day to 37 the next.   Ha 

Will probably be a while before most wanted gets into testing most of their products.   Tried the driver today as part of testing and overall it wasn't terrible,  but it wasn't the best of all the drivers I tested.   After the first hit I was concerned because I thought I broke the driver.  The sound to me wasn't what I want to hear.  The performance was there as I had my longest drive of the day with this driver.   I think they are on the right path, but may not quite be there yet from a driver perspective.  I'll look around next time I am there to see if I can find a loose iron or wedge to try.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Will probably be a while before most wanted gets into testing most of their products.   Tried the driver today as part of testing and overall it wasn't terrible,  but it wasn't the best of all the drivers I tested.   After the first hit I was concerned because I thought I broke the driver.  The sound to me wasn't what I want to hear.  The performance was there as I had my longest drive of the day with this driver.   I think they are on the right path, but may not quite be there yet from a driver perspective.  I'll look around next time I am there to see if I can find a loose iron or wedge to try.  

Please do- although I’m guessing you can’t say much at thIs point. I’d be quite interested in the 699 iron, it’s their version of the p790, i500, pig and the like...

ill find out about the wedges soon, although I’m guessing they’re going to quite nice, especially with my smacwrap shafts and Forged heads. But, they’re wedges so it’s not like they’re going to feel like a pured 5 iron. The 639 CB is also a Forged head, but oddly, and the same as the wedges, Forged from DT4 stainless. I don’t know much about forging stainless, but only heard its more difficult to work with. But they tell me it’s soft.... I’ve always played Vokey, so at least I’ve got a good point of reference for comparison, but the shaft is going to eat up anything fuzzy too, so my wedges might not be a good test for “buttah” softness.

o see what you can find, and bang em!

Please do- although I’m guessing you can’t say much at thIs point.

Since I haven’t hit anything but the driver I can’t say anything about their irons and wedges. Being a tester doesn’t give me access to any advanced information on the clubs or how it does overall in the most wanted tests. If a stray club happens to be available in a bag I do have the ability to give it a trial run . I have and do provide my personal opinion in the forum on the clubs that are part of the testing. I will caveat that by saying that unless I am looking for something particular I try to ignore what brand and model clubs I am hitting during testing. But if someone asks I will make a point to provide some feedback. At this point I don’t know the schedule for testing other than driver is wrapping up and blade putters have started.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Who cares if they perform, the name is cool! 😀  @GolfSub70, I was fitted for G400's this past summer and still haven't pulled the trigger on moving on from my PE2's (like getting the old blanket away from Linus).  What in your line up would be comparable?

Hah, thank you.  That's amazing that you've held onto the PE2's for that long!  Based on the G400 fitting I would probably recommend the 699s or possibly the 739s.  Both offer a little more forgiveness and great ball speed.  The 699s are the hollow bodied gel injected heads.  I personally play the 639 CBs but the 699s are really, really fun to hit.  The best person to ask would probably be our owner Jason though...he's great to work with and is more in tune with the fitting process than I am.  You can always contact him at Jason@GolfSub70.com and I'm sure he'll respond asap.  We do have a 60 day guarantee so if you order a set and they don't work out, you just send them back and get refunded or we can make adjustments and get them back to you.

Edited by GolfSub70
grammar policing myself

42 minutes ago, GolfSub70 said:

Hah, thank you.  That's amazing that you've held onto the PE2's for that long!  Based on the G400 fitting I would probably recommend the 699s or possibly the 739s.  Both offer a little more forgiveness and great ball speed.  The 699s are the hollow bodied gel injected heads.  I personally play the 639 CBs but the 699s are really, really fun to hit.  The best person to ask would probably be our owner Jason though...he's great to work with and is more in tune with the fitting process than I am.  You can always contact him at Jason@GolfSub70.com and I'm sure he'll respond asap.  We do have a 60 day guarantee so if you order a set and they don't work out, you just send them back and get refunded or we can make adjustments and get them back to you.

I'll contact Jason. Loving the 60 day guarantee - speaks volumes as to the companies confidence in their products! Thanks.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Yea, i didn’t even think about that when i ordered my wedge set. I need wedges, and I’m betting these are gunna be great. Oh, and for a whole lot less money...

it would be cool for sub70 to send some wedges to rick sheils so he could post one of his videos on them, with nuumbiers and spin data for us to see

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Yea, i didn’t even think about that when i ordered my wedge set. I need wedges, and I’m betting these are gunna be great. Oh, and for a whole lot less money...

it would be cool for sub70 to send some wedges to rick sheils so he could post one of his videos on them, with nuumbiers and spin data for us to see

We're definitely willing to get equipment out to anyone that wants to do testing.  I know we sent a number of different products over to MGS and I'm those results will come out whenever they are done with all of their testing.  There will definitely be more feedback, reviews, etc. coming out soon.  Thanks again for the interest!

So is this the same sub70 that does clothing?  If so I won an outfit from you a number of years back through MGS.  I still wear the hat, frequently - people are always curious when I do - I actually have to explain it to them. 

Best of luck - I will be sure to check out your products as need arises.  Lots of people on this site love being a bit different - I'm one of those - I will be looking at irons this year which will in turn cause me to evaluate hybrid(s).  I will certainly keep you in the mix. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

@GolfSub70 is that leaf on the bottom of the sycamore putters a blatant appeal to Canadians? If so, it is working.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

46 minutes ago, revkev said:

So is this the same sub70 that does clothing?  If so I won an outfit from you a number of years back through MGS.  I still wear the hat, frequently - people are always curious when I do - I actually have to explain it to them. 

Long story but we are actually separate companies.  There is a different company/team that does offer "Sub 70" clothing and some other items.  We do not sell clothing or other soft goods.  We'll be strictly clubs, bags, towels and gloves. 

Pretty stunning looking wedges. Also like the look of your woods.

Are you guys willing to sell just the heads?

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Was doing my next round of testing and looked in the warmup bag and what do I see a sub 70
639 CB and 699 7 irons. Have them a go and I was impressed. I preferred the CB over the blade. Both were nice but I felt like I was more accurate and longer with the CB. Didn’t have launch monitor dots on the 699 but based on trajectory it seemed to launch a bit higher. Will be interested to see how they perform in a full test.

57 minutes ago, chemclub said:

Pretty stunning looking wedges. Also like the look of your woods.

Are you guys willing to sell just the heads?

Been wondering the same thing.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver